“Convenient to stay” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #32 of 138 Hotels in Portland
Westlake Village, California
“Convenient to stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

I have stayed at many Country inns and plan to stay in this hotel chain whenever possible. The room was comfortable. Small pillows. Double sink outside bathroom which is convenient when a family needs to get ready to catch a flight. Conveniently located next to the airport. We didn't hear any airplanes but the walls are extremely thin and we were kept up by a crying baby in the next room. It sounded like it was in our room. They had a problem with the hot water. Shower was lukewarm. The computers in their business center did not work well and it took 15 min to print a boarding pass. The breakfast had a good selection, as most country inns.. Overall, it was a good night but not the best of country inns.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs in case you have a loud neighbor.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Brad B, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland Airport, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
I am so sorry about the crying baby that isn't what you want when trying to sleep. Also in regards to the water. We ended up having one of the 500 gallon tanks go out which when full is that extra bit that keeps it hot.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Corvallis, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is a great all around hotel for its price. It has everything you could want while traveling; well furnished with clean rooms, a very good breakfast included in the price, a restaurant and lounge, nice indoor swimming pool with hot tub, and it is very close to the airport, but screened by trees which deaden the airport sounds. I did occasionally hear an airplane, but it was not bad and did not keep me awake. The room was clean and comfortable, the bed was very nice. Everything in the room worked properly, nice selection of channels on the TV, free Wi-Fi worked well. I was not disturbed by any sounds of the other guests. Nice water flow in the shower, but the drain was a little slow. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. I used the park and fly option, and my car was just fine when I arrived to pick it up. The hotel offers a free airport shuttle, which was prompt and ran exactly on time. I will stay here again when I go to the airport.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the far end of the hotel from the airport if you think minor airplane noise will b...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brad B, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland Airport, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you very much and we hope to see you again soon!
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

....this is the best place! My son and I were on a whirlwind college tour and had to be in many places, on time, in a short 3 day period. Country Inn was so accommodating! They sent a shuttle to pick us up at the local car rental and I think they arrived before I even hung up the phone. Check-in was quick, efficient, and friendly, as was check-out. Rooms were clean, comfortable, (bed was super comfy) and spacious. We had dinner in the dining room and the service was fantastic. Had to leave really early the next morning, so didn't have time to take advantage of the complimentary breakfast; wish we could have. The room rate was quite reasonable, given that we've paid much more for less. Would highly recommend Country Inn - especially if you need to catch an early flight. A very pleasant stay on a very rushed schedule!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brad B, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland Airport, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you very much and hopefully your son chose a college close by so that we see you more often. Take care and hopefully we see you back soon!
Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

After evaluating different hotels with park-n-fly options I chose this hotel because they had a package for 10 nights of parking for $109 (most other hotels were 7 or 14nts).

The hotel looked nice from the outside, the park-n-fly area of the parking lot was well lit (I parked right under a light pole for more peace of mind).

We checked in late in the evening, pushing 9:30-10pm and were greeted by friendly front desk staff. She explained the shuttle to the airport for our flight time was leaving at 4:30am (ugh) and therefore the free breakfast wouldn't be set out yet -but there would be SOME limited options out. Fair enough. There was granola bars, fresh fruit, coffee and I think juice boxes?

The room was fine, good sized and comfortable bed. We had a room with 1Q and my only complaint is it was next to the elevator so we heard it making its trips up and down - however it didn't awake us. I completed their post-stay survey and mentioned that as the only drawback. I received a prompt email from the manager and he let me know in the future to request 1K or 2Q as they are not next to the elevator. Great, quick service.

The airport shuttle was timely, the driver pleasant and it was a quick trip.

Overall great stay and we'll use this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you request 1Q you will be by elevator. Therefore request 1K or 2Q
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brad B, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland Airport, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you very much. We hope to see you again soon!
Tacoma, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Pros: Beautiful well kept property with awesome beds and breakfast. Probably the nicest bed I have ever slept in outside of my own. Perfect, and I do mean perfect breakfast sausage. Early check in, late check out is a big plus. Smoking gazebo also a nice bonus.

Cons: Water hammer in room 225 kept me up after I got up to pee at 5:30am on a daylight saving time Sunday. Was super disappointed when I finally just started to dose back off and the guest upstairs hit the floor running for the bathroom. They must have ran on their heels because I heard every step, then back to the pipes rapping.....

Overview: Nice place, mostly enjoyed my stay, great for an afternoon nap, unfortunately I just think I got unlucky by being in the wrong room at what otherwise should be a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Brad B, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland Airport, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for letting us know of the pipes we will definately look into the sitaution and get it fixed. I am glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay and we hope to see you again soon!
Vero Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

This is a great hotel for travelers departing from PDX! I arrived early but a room was available and I was allowed to check in at 11 am. The front desk agent was friendly and accommodating. The hotel's shuttle runs 24 hours with advance notice and I was able to depart for the airport at 4:30 the next morning. The hotel has a full service restaurant that's open until 10 pm although I didn't have the opportunity to try it. My standard room was on the small side, but recently updated, clean and included a mini fridge and microwave. Plenty of places to recharge my phone, computer and IPad and a coffee maker was provided. The bathroom had been updated with a granite vanity. While not the closest hotel to the airport, I checked rates for all with 24 hour airport shuttles and this was the best value. All in all, a nicely maintained property, friendly staff and even an onsite restaurant. I would definitely stay here again and recommend without hesitation.

Room Tip: I was in an odd-numbered room on the opposite side of the hotel from the airport runway.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Brad S
Brad B, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland Airport, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you very much for takin the time to share your experience with others. We hope to see you again soon!
Long Beach, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

We saw this hotel advertised at our regular travel agency because they offered up to 14 days parking with 1 nights stay. Normally we have used an off-airport parking lot @ $8-10 a day.
For a very decent rate of $93 plus taxes, our 9 days of parking would have cost $72-90 and the $93 room allowed us to relax before our morning flight. (instead of getting up at 3am, driving for 2 1/2 hours and being EXHAUSTED for the long am flight.
The hotel offers an indoor pool and Jacuzzi, exercise room and a hot buffet breakfast.
The hot pancakes and waffles were a nice touch and the normal deluxe compliments of cereals, pastries, yogurts and fruits started our morning off right.
We will be using this hotel (and free parking) from now on.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple