“Great Location and Freindly Staff”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland Airport
Ranked #29 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed here for a business trip and really likes the spacious rooms and accommodating staff. It is not far from Cascade Station where there are many shops and restaurants. Also, I did like the dining room and bar in the evening as it is convenient and open until 10PM.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the other side of the airport runway as it can get noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Brad B, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to let others know of your experience with us. We hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland Airport

Reviewed 6 May 2014

The hotel is convenient to the airport. It is mid-priced for accommodation in the area and offers good value.

The room was spacious. It was clean and well maintained. There was refrigerator and microwave. The WiFi worked well. There was very limited noise from the hallway and other rooms. The hallway was clean and well maintained.

There is large carpark which was almost full. I did not try the airport van. Shops or restaurants or the MAX station are not so close and a car may be preferred.

The complimentary breakfast offered a buffet of breads and pastries, scrambled eggs, sausages, potatoes and cereal.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 4 May 2014

For our airport needs, this is THE place to stay! Easy as pie and friendly. The shuttle driver was a gem! We have stayed here multiple times and they always exceed expectations! And who can argue with free parking for a week?

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Brad B, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you very much and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stay here often on business, during one week I spent 45mins calling the hotel to get a van pickup from the airport, then waited 30 mins for the van (can walk to hotel in this time). called a second time to get the van and was told it had been to the airport several times, as I stay here often I know exactly where to wait and never saw the van so I was lied to by the desk clerk. very poor service to guests when clerk lies, and doesn't answer the phone for 45 mins. Also complaining to my company hotels rep, they may loose our contract. RE. sleep quality this location is right next to the airport runway and very near to railroad tracks. frequent train horns and airplanes are heard throughout the night though much less than during the day.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Brad B, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

I am very confused by this review. The closest train tracks are over a mile away. We are close the the airport as we are a airport hotel. Our phones have worked just fine for as long as I can remember and the clerks are to do their best to answer phones within 3 rings. I would love to know the night in question as we log everything and I don't see any gaps of this nature. I do apologize as this shouldn't happent to any guest but Im wondering if this is another hotel.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

My second stay at this property and happy again. Front staff very friendly. Speedy checkin and checkout. The free breakfast in the morning has many choices.
The gal who waited on me in the restaurant for dinner was so friendly, I'd go back just to have her wait on my again. She greeted everyone as if they were old friends (maybe they were). I'm just sorry I did not remember her name. Wed PM 23Apr.
I'll be back!!

Room Tip: Probably all rooms are good. Mine was right outside the elevator but I did not hear a thing all nig...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 26 April 2014

This hotel reminds me of a restaurant in a coveted location that still goes the extra mile to have excellent food. The Country Inn & Suites is already a good value near the airport. The extra mile includes the services, decor and excellent staff. For a short visit to Portland, this couldn't have been a better choice. First, it's a lovely hotel with plenty of parking, although I used the airport shuttle upon arrival. The driver also took us to the light rail station so we could explore downtown Portland without the hassle of driving. The best staff member, one I never met, was the one who knows how to make perfect scrambled eggs for a large number of people. Kudos to that added to an already excellent breakfast! However, it was apparent that all staff had accommodating attitudes and were very well trained. Made us feel at home and were instrumental in making our trip to Portland a very satisfying experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We always stay here when coming and going from the airport because of travel time to our home in central oregon. Staff have always been friendly and helpful. Rooms clean and fresh and breakfast wonderful. Beds are perfect, great water pressure in shower and a good height even for my 6'5" husband. They have a great park and ride deal too with free shuttle to airport. (We paid $112 for room and parked 16 days for free.) very safe area. Way better than parking at airport. They have a nice looking indoor pool and small workout room although we've never used either one.

Stayed: April 2014