“Stuck at the Portland Airport”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland Airport
Ranked #29 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 13 May 2010

This was such a great place, I had a really wonderful, comfortable room. The shuttle picked me up from the airport within a few minutes of my call and the staff was friendly, helpful and efficient. The only downside was I only got to stay here for a few hours, I had an airline mishap and was stuck in Portland overnight for a few hours. It was a last minute reservation, I was looking for something affordable and convenient to the airport. I definitely found it!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland Airport

Reviewed 23 April 2010

The staff are very friendly, the rooms were clean, but quite small. The doors were noisy, the planes and trains could be heard at night, but were not really a problem. Breakfast was average. There are nicer hotels for this price and less.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2010

Very nice rooms and staff. The only disappointment was the lack of variety programming available on TV. Two channels of crappy CNN, but no FOX news at all.

Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2010

I think if you need a layover by the airport, this place is a gem. There isnt alot to do in the vicinity. There is a shopping center about 1.3 miles away. The staff is fantastic, hot breakfast included in the morning, and an overall neat and clean appearance. (coffee and cookies in the main lobby all day too)

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2010

The best customer service I have ever had at a Hotel. They serve a real breakfeast in the morning with scrambled eggs and sauage or biscuts and gravy. The rooms are large and clean.

Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2010

For an hotel just a few minutes from an international airport, I got a suprisingly good night's rest! I think I heard one plane all night, and if I had not already been awake, I surely would have slept right through it. The staff was friendly and helpful, even offering a snack bag to people with early flights. The room was neat and clean, and all amenities were up to date. Great deal... I've paid more for rooms that weren't as nice!

Only a few things I wasn't fond of, but nothing I can't get over:
- the sink/vanity isn't separated from the rest of the room by any means. It's not a big issue during the day, but when I woke up to use the restroom in the middle of the night, I felt bad disturbing my boyfriend while I tried to wash my hands... which I had to do in complete darkness because the only light I could possibly have turned on was a big ol' flood light by the door.
- You have to be really careful with the doors slamming. Unlses you gently ease the door closed, it will slam shut with a very impressive sound. I know I wasn't the only one having door issues because every so often we'd hear one slamming in the distance.
- the room smelled a bit odd when we first walked in, almost like smoke, even though it's a non-smoking hotel.

All in all, I have no problem recommending if you need to be near the airport, or even if you need to stay for a few days if you don't mind driving to get to the more interesting parts of Portland.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2009

I have read the majority of the comments regarding this hotel and the jet noise. This is a hotel that is close to the airport, expect the noise. I am sensitive to noise and slept through the night. I always turn on my a/c in the room, so maybe this drowned out the noise. Hotel is very clean, the bed was wonderful and love the new rooms. Breakfast is just enough to get you going, would like to suggest flavored creamer though for coffee. Staff friendly and accommodating. We will be back! Shuttle service to airport, much cheaper to spend the night at the hotel and leave your car there than parking at the airport.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Travellers also viewed these Portland hotels
Radisson Hotel Portland Airport
Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station
Hampton Inn Portland-Airport
Hampton Inn Portland-Airport
#39 of 144 in Portland
Residence Inn Portland Airport at Cascade Station
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Airport
Clarion Hotel Portland Airport

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland Airport? Share your experiences!