Red Lion Hotel on the River
US$211
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
1,255 results
All reviewsjantzen beachtennis courtshayden islandflight pathbit datedhotel restauranteasy accessroom was largetwo queen bedsfront desk stafffree parkingportland areaconferencefreewaybalconiesshuttlemt
Reviewed 27 July 2013

This hotel was good enough, clean rooms, maybe a tiny bit outdated, but fine, and I am picky ! The pool was great. It is rather noisy as airplanes are taking off from the airport very close by. Warning, that the traffic to and from Portland to the hotel was ALWAYS very slow. Allow extra time for this! Also nothing charming about the area around the hotel, but the hotel property was nice, with large grounds and beautiful view of the Columbia River, right on the river! The staff were friendly but gave me wrong information twice. I asked them to google where I could get a pair of Cocoon sunglasses and she found me a silk bridal gown shop. She confidently printed the directions, good thing I didn't blindly follow them. The restaurant, good enough for breakfast... But ran out of berries two days and I ordered the fruit and berries. Should have told me ahead.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
Reviewed 26 July 2013

After a long 10 road trip, my daughter and I was very surprised by this wonderful hotel. The check in was easy and everyone smiling and inviting. We got to our room and it was so pretty. The balcony with the view! We loved the food at the restaurant, the food so very yummy. Being able to see the view of the Colombia river was just beautiful. We slept like babies and the shower worked very well. The room was clean and pretty. I enjoyed every second of being spoiled by all the wonderful people who work at the hotel. From the start of check out to check out the customer service and real friendliness of the staff are next to no one. I have medical issues and they even knocked themselves over making sure I was extra comfortable.

I am hoping to be here back next year for my 50th birthday. I was not supposed to be here and I want to be at a place that really cares.

Room Tip: Just relax and enjoy. Also do yourself a favor and eat at the restaurant. You will love it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Tara H
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Stayed here for a couple of days. Large hotel for conventions - there were 2 on during our stay. That's fine but frustrating when you have to wait 30mins to check in because of the queue, and the noise from conventions can be heard in the restaurant. Other than that the rooms are large and very clean. Tennis courts make a nice change from swimming. Restaurant staff friendly. Not much to do outside the hotel so you are confined to an extent if you do not have a hire car like us.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Well appointed hotel overlooking the river and within walking distance to the Mall. While we stayed only one night on our way back to Canada from the Oregon coast, we were very impressed by the room size, huge bathroom and overall ambiance of the space.
Front desk staff were pleasant and professional and made us feel welcome, which is not always the case in a hotel of this size.
We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I got a room here kind of last minute on priceline. It was one of their "mystery hotels". I paid around $50 and was thrilled with what I got. I thought the hotel was lovely. Our beds were super comfy. The service was great at the front desk and I found the hotel to be clean and the setting quite nice.
We didn't eat here, so I can't comment on the food. Overall though my family was thrilled. It was great to save some $ since we were only in Portland for my daughter's medical appointment. I'd certainly go back though, for a family vacation or conference. Very nice place;