Red Lion Hotel on the River
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
1,255 results
All reviewsjantzen beachtennis courtshayden islandflight pathbit datedhotel restauranteasy accessroom was largetwo queen bedsfront desk stafffree parkingportland areaconferencefreewaybalconiesshuttlemt
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The staff that checked me in were extremely rude and argumentative. I had to call the 1-800 customer service live for help and booked my room through the website. The staff continued to be rude. I finally raised my voice at the supervisor/manager checking me in to say, "I don't want to argue and I don't care what you have to say. Please just check me in so we can go to our room!!". Even after that she still continued to make snide passive aggressive remarks to me. The service she provided was so terrible that I plan to avoid red lion as much as possible and I negatively promoted your hotel on multiple social networks, which is unfortunate because everything else about the hotel was splendid.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
Rod R, Manager at Red Lion Hotel on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Amanda
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your negative experience and interaction with our front desk staff. You had arrived at the hotel without a reservation and requested a rate that you had viewed on a third party internet site unfortunately the rate you were requesting was not available. It is never our intention to cause inconvenience for our guests and I am happy that we were able to get you a rate that was acceptable to you and that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

That says it all. Price is great if you don't mind sleeping on little hard nuggets they call pillows and even though they have a bar/restaurant open until 11 p.m. At night they discontinue room service at 8 p.m. Well before the Sun even sets!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
Rod R, Manager at Red Lion Hotel on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

I am sorry that you found the pillow small and uncomfortable and the room service hours was an inconvenience, Please notify us after you make your next reservation and let us know what type of pillow you prefer and we will make sure to have it available for you when you arrive, our goal is to supply a clean comfortable stay with a friendly atmosphere for our guest and we will do everything possible to make sure our guests are comfortable, We hope to see you again soon and happy travels.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Red Lion has a cwertain reputation and to me this place worked'we were finding ourselves needing to check out' of opur hotel bad planning on my part;;;
andf luckily they were between groups so were able to accomodate us
found the staff to be frienndly and accomodating

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank mjmjmjmjmjmj
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The sons and I too wife / mom here for mothers day and found that we should have just gone grocery shopping the day before, and done the job ourselves. The set up wasn't too bad, being on the river and all, but the service and the food just caved in like a flood. In addition, we didn't spend the night here, so we can't speak to the rooms, and so fourth, but stay home on the holiday brunches, as this place jet does not add up to what one would pay… $40 per.
Furthermore, the Hotel decor is stuck somewhere between the 70's and 80's. Someone please call the property Brothers!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michaelbush6417
Rod R, Manager at Red Lion Hotel on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you very much for providing feedback regarding your Mothers Day Brunch. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the brunch. We take all of our guest’s comments seriously as they assist us in making operational adjustments to provide better service for our guest. The Mothers Day brunch is an extremely busy day for us and I am sorry that I did not get a chance to address your concerns while you were dining with us. We received a lot of positive comments regarding the brunch and I would hope that you will give us another chance in the future to meet your expectations.

We appreciate your feedback and your business

Reviewed 2 May 2014

The building itself feels a bit dated and weathered - but this doesn't detract from the spacious rooms, great common areas, and nice view of the river overlooking the tennis courts from the top floor. It's easy to navigate to, directly off of I5, and has a shopping mall and number of restaurants nearby (including the fantastic BJ's Brewhouse). The outdoor pool was closed for the winter and the sauna next to it was a bit too off-the-beaten-path for me to use during our stay. Lot's of business-types walking around for the various summits that seem to frequently be held there.

Room Tip: Sound from the night club may leak through to nearby rooms. Fourth floor has a good view of the river.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple