Red Lion Hotel on the River
Inn at Northrup Station(Portland)
US$205
US$271
US$272
US$255
1,240 results
All reviewsjantzen beachtennis courtshayden islandflight pathbit datedhotel restauranteasy accessroom was largetwo queen bedsfront desk stafffree parkingportland areaconferencefreewaybalconiesshuttlemt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The location is beautiful, on the river, with great views..but the location is not enough when you find unfriendly staff at the reception..we reserved a superior room with view (that costs more!) and we asked for a crib because we were travelling with an infant, but at our arrival they just given us a room and not even taken the time to read our email and our requests.
The crib was not there! we called to have it but one hour later we just found "a package" in the room. We had to set it by ourselves and even put sheets and blankets (of the size of a twin bed, not for a crib!).
Foe the price we paid, we assumed to have the best service possible..
At 8.30 pm they even called us from the reception to complain about the noise the kids were making.. first it was 8.30pm and not 10.00 pm and second we had just arrived back from the restaurant and we were putting the boys in their pajamas to sleep.. so if you have kids, it's normal they make a little bit of noise, but for us was quite a shock that somebody could complain about that!
last thing, the next morning we tried their restaurant to have breakfast, but there's not a buffet with international breakfast; you have to sit down and make your order. We did it, but after half an hour nothing was ready and kids were becoming really impatient.. after 1 hour we were out of there, but too much time wasted for just 2 eggs and some bacon!
I really suggest to choose another hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Rod R, Manager at Red Lion Hotel on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Ehlena
Please accept my apology for the lack of service you received from your stay, I can assure you this is not the normal level of service we provide to our guest and I will be using your comments at our next guest service meeting to make sure these types of service levels does not happen again in the future, I would hope that you would give us another chance to show that guest service is very important to us and this is an isolated incident.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

A beautiful location right on the waters edge of the Columbia River, a perfect setting! We were celebrating our December birthdays and stayed in a suite with a river view and fireplace which made our experience very special. We had an unexpected complimentary bottle of wine in our suite, The Red Lion knows how to do things right! The young man and lady at the front desk were both very friendly and efficient, making us feel welcome right from the start. We will return for sure....

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Sargenlynn
Thank you for your kind comments and I am pleased that you enjoyed the fireplace suite over looking the beautiful Columbia river. We have a great staff and I will pass along your comments to them along with thanking them for a job well done. Happy Birthday and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Just spent a couple days there recovering from a knee surgery i had at OHSU hospital. We got a room with a perfect view of the river and a balcony. It was beautifully decorated with a king size bed, microwave, frig, etc. Since I was not able to walk around a lot, it was wonderful to relax and watch the boats go by. Room service was prompt and courteous. Convenient to Hwy 5, so convenient to all of Portland. .
Great Room, Great View, Great Service, Great Location.

Room Tip: Room with a view of the river.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

spent a week with this establishment as home base in May. Very low key, and easy access. facility shows signs of it's age, but is reasonably kept with friendly staff. Internet room was convenient, but keyboards were filthy.

Room Tip: Mount Hood wing, facing away from the river is quiet.
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The staff that checked me in were extremely rude and argumentative. I had to call the 1-800 customer service live for help and booked my room through the website. The staff continued to be rude. I finally raised my voice at the supervisor/manager checking me in to say, "I don't want to argue and I don't care what you have to say. Please just check me in so we can go to our room!!". Even after that she still continued to make snide passive aggressive remarks to me. The service she provided was so terrible that I plan to avoid red lion as much as possible and I negatively promoted your hotel on multiple social networks, which is unfortunate because everything else about the hotel was splendid.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
Rod R, Manager at Red Lion Hotel on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Amanda
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your negative experience and interaction with our front desk staff. You had arrived at the hotel without a reservation and requested a rate that you had viewed on a third party internet site unfortunately the rate you were requesting was not available. It is never our intention to cause inconvenience for our guests and I am happy that we were able to get you a rate that was acceptable to you and that you enjoyed your stay.