“Great Location, Nice Hotel”

Courtyard Portland City Center
Ranked #24 of 146 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I stayed here for a few nights while on vacation in Portland. The location is fantastic--I was able to walk to most of the places I wanted to visit; for those I couldn't walk to, public transportation is close by. The front desk staff were always very helpful. There is a nice little restaurant attached to the hotel; while the selection was somewhat limited, what they did have was tasty and their service was very good. My room was very comfortable. I also think the price of the room was a good value. If I am ever in Portland again, I would definitely come back.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
CourtyardPDXGM, General Manager at Courtyard Portland City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2011

Thank you for the 5 Star rating... we love it! I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay,the staff did a great job and you liked the hotel and the location!Come back soon!

Courtyard by Marriott Portland City Center- A Boutique Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,085)

Reviewed 11 September 2011

I stayed here for two nights on a business trip. This is a new hotel in a great location. You are next to the Pearl District and yummy food vendors across the street. It is only a few blocks from the river where you can run on a paved trail. I was really impressed by how large, modern, clean, quiet and pleasant it was. The front desk service was very nice. It also has a restaurant, which I didn't have a chance to try, but looks good. I am definitely going to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
CourtyardPDXGM, General Manager at Courtyard Portland City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2011

WOW!! Thank you for the 5 STAR Rating!! We love it!! I am pleased to know that you were impressed by how large, modern, clean, quiet and pleasant your experience was. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 September 2011

We stayed three nights at the Courtyard City Center and were very pleased with our experience. The location is perfect for getting around the city, the staff was nice and the hotel itself is super chic. The standard king room is fairly spacious as is the bathroom, and I completely echo what others said about the rooms being CLEAN. Everything felt very fresh and modern. The only downside for us with our 6 yr. old is that there's no pool and the double-queen rooms appear to book up early. We would definitely stay here again! If in Portland, be sure to leave your car outside the city and check out the test Rose Garden (not to be missed!), stroll through the Saturday/Sunday market, pick-up some VooDoo Donuts (go super early or prepare to wait in line), take the free light rail/trolley and walk around the Pearl District. We didn’t have a car our entire stay and we didn’t miss it for a minute. Also, don't miss having at least one meal at The Original, the independent restaurant attached to the hotel. The food, the staff and the atmosphere are all terrific.

Room Tip: Take the train. The cost to/from the airport is only $2.40/adult by light rail. The cab cost us $45!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for your review! I am glad that you had a pleasant stay and that the staff provided you with good service, you liked your clean room, and our restaurant. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 10 September 2011

We got a deal for the Courtyard Marriott for $55/night +tax and fees for a Thursday & Friday stay and we were relatively happy with our choice.

Pros:
*only 2 blocks away from the MAX which takes you into downtown
*relatively big room with a king's sized bed, couch, and flat screen tv

Cons:
*Parking cost $15/night and parking on the street is metered from 8am-10pm so you pretty much have no choice except for parking
*Towels felt really rough (I guess that's the big difference between marriott and courtyard!)

Room Tip: we got a good rate from hotwire
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We had a great time at the Marriott - rooms were clean and spacious, and the staff was very friendly and helpful with recommendations for dinner spots and sights to see. The hotel is also really well located - there is a cluster of food trucks right down the block, and public transportation is just a few blocks away.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I was on long term travel for up to two weeks a time in Portland which during the spring and summer difficult to find rooms in downtown. Very positive experience, excellent service by staff. They do not have a dedicated concierge- the first person I approached for tour information was not prepared- however the manager and subsequent staff were great. The rooms are uniquely decorated. Hotel is located near the light rail and easy walking distance to most everything.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for the 5 STAR Rating!!! I am pleased to know that the staff provided you with great service! Hope to see you next time you are in Portland!

Reviewed 1 September 2011

The location of the hotel was great - a few blocks to Powell's bookstore, Pedal Bike Tours, and Saturday market; a few more blocks to go into the Pearl District, and right on the MAX line if one wanted to take a free ride to the other end of downtown.

The room and bathroom were spacious. There was a large funky piece of modern art over the bed (might not have been everyone's cup o tea, but I liked it). Having read some of the other reviews that not all bathrooms had a bathtub, I requested one with my reservation and got it.

My only minor quibble is that the room's window looked out on kind of an air shaft with about a six foot wide opening to see the building across the street. So the room was a little dark. It was enough of a view for me to see what the weather was doing before I walked outside, which is all I really needed. If a view is key for you, you might need to pop for one of the more expensive rooms.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo

Thank you for your review. I am please that you enjoyed your room and our location. Hope to see you again soon!