Courtyard Portland City Center
US$293
US$248
  • Pool
1,110 results
All reviewsgreat locationoriginal restaurantthe pearlmarriott courtyardrestaurant attached to the hotelvoodoo donutsfew blockswithin walking distancefood cartscorner roomvalet parkingmax lineslight railsaturday marketstumptown coffeepowell's bookstorepublic transportation
Reviewed 19 October 2013

As others have written, this is a very nice, modern hotel, in an excellent location. The staff is exceptionally courteous and helpful. Having stayed here several times, I have only three suggestions, and I post them here in hopes the management will try to address them, as I'd love to come back. First, the beds are too soft, and feel cheap. A nice, firm mattress with a pillowtop, or a euro-style foam mattress, would fit well with the quality of the hotel. Second, the water flow from the bathroom sinks is so anemic that it is difficult to wash the soap off one's hands. It may be viewed as a water-saving feature, but I just have to run the faucet that much longer, so I suspect the water usage is the same. Third, the bath towels are thin and cheap, and seem more like what I would expect at a much lower-quality hotel. Everything else about this property is wonderful, and the staff and management really do an excellent job. It is clean, quiet, conveniently-located, wifi is fast and free. The restaurant is very good, and the location can't be beaten. The suggestions I'm offering probably have more to do with the ownership than the management, but I hope it's possible to address them.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
CourtyardPDXGM, Manager at Courtyard Portland City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for your review and suggestions. Our beds are Sealy Posturepedics so I am surprised you had an issue when we receive great comments about how comfortable our beds are. Our engineering team will look into this. Thank you again for the feedback.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Courtyards are hit or miss. Some are run down and have seen better days and others are just acceptable and a few are really nice. This is one of the latter. Clean, modern rooms with all the amenities (except hand lotion). Staff was very friendly and extra helpful with directions and restaurant suggestions. This hotel is walking distance to many "must-do's" in Portland such as Powell Books and Voodoo Doughnuts, and there are plenty of bars and restaurants in the area as well as about 10 Starbucks. Very short walk to Pearl District. Parking is a bit steep at $30/day but there are a couple less expensive garages on the same block as the hotel if you want to chance it. The on-site restaurant is pretty good as well and is open until 4 am if you like to stay up late.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I am glad you were able to enjoy Portland as well as our property. Next time you come to stay with us just let us know and we would be happy to add lotion to your room as we always have some available.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

My wife and I got away for a quick weekend in Portland. We only spent a night at the hotel, but I have to commend the staff for the great customer service and hospitality that they shown us. I really felt at home at this hotel. Great location in the center of downtown and within walking distance to the Pearl District. Kudos to the staff at this Marriott location. From the doormen, the concierge and the front desk staff, the entire staff was gracious, friendly and really made me feel at home and very welcome. Ic an easily recommend this Marriott.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor with a view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Michael B
CourtyardPDXGM, Manager at Courtyard Portland City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you so much for your amazing 5 star review! I have to agree that the staff we have here on property are the best in Portland. I am excited to share this wonderful review with them. I hope you get the chance again soon to have a nice weekend in downtown Portland.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

This is not at all a standard Marriott formula Courtyard. Mostly it is better.
The lobby is quite compact. Breakfast is at an adjoining restaurant, and does not follow the Starbucks style format adopted by most Courtyard. There are also a huge number of options within a very few blocks.
The rooms and views can be amazing.
The work out room is astoundingly bigger than most Courtyard locations. There are enough aerobic machines for the peak period. There are the normal dumbells, one multi-machine for weights and a small selection of body weight things (stability balls, mats, medicine balls). The real difference is in the huge amount of open space for free style workouts.
The Pearl has a few commercial gyms and yoga studios as well.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your 5 star review! I am glad you were able to enjoy our large fitness center. We have many guests that let us know it is one of the best in downtown Portland. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Portland.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

As others have observed this is a great hotel in a great location...but they are incredibily stingy with late checkout. Upon check-in, I inquired as to late checkout and was told to ask the day of checkout. I checked back later that day and the next day, and was told check back on the day of checkout. I wanted to make sure I could just take a shower after running the Portland Marathon--maybe 1:00 pm at the latest. On day of checkout, I was denied a late checkout, which was a major inconvenience as I had to get in a car and drive 8 hours home with family. I was able to find a way to shower--but it was not easy. This made what could have been a great experience and a great review--awful. Please circle these dates on your calendar and call in extra folks so you can accomodate things like marathon runners wanting to take a shower. It is a great hotel in a great location, but this will definitely cause me to rethink Marriott as a hotel choice.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank briank489

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry that you were unable to receive the late check out. Our property does everything within our power to accomodate all guests. With the high demand of the Marathon we extended many late check outs and even brought in our housekeeping team late to help with this demand. Unfortunately the hotel was sold out the evening of the Marathon and we promise all arriving guests that we will have a room ready for them at 3pm. Again I apologize for the inconvenience.