“Comfortable, good location”

Courtyard Portland City Center
Ranked #25 of 144 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Good location; walking distance to many downtown restaurants. Good, helpful front desk staff.. Nice restaurant on site,Room is small but that wasn't a problem. Had a problem with the elevator card system; told the front desk & they got a technician to fix itt.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
CourtyardPDXGM, Manager at Courtyard Portland City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Thank you so much for the review. I apologize that we had a minor hiccup during your stay but I am glad our team was able to rectify the situation.

Happy Holidays!

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Portland City Center

Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Without doing our usual Trip Advisor homework, we rolled into Portland late afternoon and found The Courtyard on Oak Street. It didn't disappoint.

We were given a good room rate, by a friendly and professional front desk staff. We had a good feeling about the hotel from this first impression.

I found the room to be quite stylish and surprisingly spacious. Comfortable bed, too. A special mention to the front desk and valet ($30 was reasonable for secure parking in downtown Portland overnight) for recommending a couple of good restaurants for dinner and breakfast.

This hotel played a big part in the positive impression the city made on me and why I want to go back to Portland.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan A
CourtyardPDXGM, Manager at Courtyard Portland City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments. We are very lucky to have the team that we have. Portland is such a wonderful city and I am glad we helped with that impression. We look forward to seeing you the next time you get a chance to visit.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I stay in a lot of hotels in the course of a year. I found the Courtyard in downtown Portland to be just an average property for the rate they asked. The bed was nice, but the room was small. I really like the fridge as I tend to travel with beverages and snacks. I was also dismayed to find that this hotel has no pool, spa, or bath tubs. My back was very tight and I was looking forward to some water relation therapy. This property was hard to locate without my GPS unit too.

I must have been thrown off by the remodeling construction on the other side of the street. My truck was to large to park in their parking garage so I was also distracted looking for a nearby lot that could accommodate my rig. The nice thing about this location is that it is close to Portland Prime and Voodoo donuts. Both are Portland landmarks for serious foodies! I also had some wonderful customer service from the staff at this property.

If I go to Portland again I will surely stay at the premium Marriott property on the waterfront. While I will probably have to cab it over for some donuts I will get the premium room with a view & a tub or spa for relaxation. All for less than the $200 that a night costs at this Courtyard!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
CourtyardPDXGM, Manager at Courtyard Portland City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for the review. I am sorry to see that you thought of your stay as just okay. We take pride in making our hotel clean, accommodating, and refreshing. I am glad to see that you thought are staff were top notch and I couldn't agree more.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

This is my second stay at this hotel. The first was 2 years ago. Very pleased with all staff, cleanliness, location, convenience,etc. I did speak to a person at the front desk regarding the fact that it took 4 minutes to get hot water at the bathroom sink. Staff checked the room and left a note that it was due to "low volume". That seems unreasonable. Also attempted to print Frontier boarding passes in lobby and was blocked from the site. Desk staff helped me do it on their computer. Lots of great things, just not quite perfect.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for the review. I am glad to hear that our staff was helpful when assisting with all needs even when items were not performing well. We look forward to seeing you again and making your next stay perfect!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Very nice Courtyard, with a convenient location in Downtown Portland. Easy walking distance to several shopping locations, restaurants and light rail. Customer service was great. We had a King room, which was very nice and roomy. The bed was Ok. The bathroom floor did slant a little in our room. The walkways in the lobby are a little tight going to the elevators. Rooms did have a fridge. For an overnight stay, we would stay here again. It is valet parking only and like all downtown hotels, parking is not cheap. The only other issue, which is true for most hotels, they want to charge $4 for the bottled water in your room.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. Our location is very hard to beat as we are in the center of everything in downtown. I hope you get the chance to try us out again the next time you visit Portland.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We are 2 adults traveling on mainly business. I will do a brief overview. Hotel in good easy location. Light rail runs right past it and takes you to Union station and about town.
We flew in and took train into city (40 easy minutes) and were a 4 block walk to hotel.

Staff was superb in this hotel, i would say some of the best, and we travel A LOT to all kinds of Marriotts. Lobby clean and nice but small if looking to meet people or hang out. There is a huge diner type restaurant attached, so a bit different than standard courtyards. We were upgraded to floor 16.
Room. Normal. King bed, good work area, fast internet and good work area. Everything was clean. Had the mini fridge and coffee maker. Large marble bath with standing shower and large vanity. I prefer a tub but didnt ask ahead. Nice touch was the coffee station on the 16th floor but that is not normal for other floors BUT they do have coffee down in the lobby.

Bed was very comfortable and the only comment i can make is it seems like they could vacume a bit better.

I am a walker so keep that in mind...i walked to the most yummy place MOTHERS cafe, 4 blocks away. It is mind blowingly great. I walked to the stores, boutiques and business with ease. I felt fairly safe, this isn't a comment on the hotel but on Portland as a whole, kinda weird vibe with interesting characters, so keep alert. Hotel was secure with using room key for the 3 elevators and gym etc. My husband used the gym and was pleased.

We have used this Marriott quite a few times so that says it all. Does the job for a decent price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank dawn5851
CourtyardPDXGM, Manager at Courtyard Portland City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for the review. I cannot agree more that our staff are some of the best in the city. We look forward to having you back the next time you are in Portland.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

This Portland City Center Courtyard hotel puts many full service Marriotts to shame. The stylish modern lobby, the exceptionally friendly staff, the johnny-on-the-spot service...all at great Courtyard prices? Awesome! Stayed in a bright corner room on the second floor. (We had our two small pups with us, so all the families with four-legged youngsters are put on this floor. It makes getting to the ground floor for potty breaks a snap. I think the occasional barks are forgiven too, when you stay next to another dog owner...) Our room had floor to ceiling windows, a huge bathroom and nice local artist pieces throughout. The room exceeded our expectations. Special shout-outs go to the late night front desk folks and the valet who had our car ready at a moments notice and the bellman who appeared instantly at our door to take all our luggage downstairs and out to the waiting car. Bonus: great proximity to Pearl District for dining/ shopping, and fast access to the freeway to get out of town.

• Stayed: November 2013
CourtyardPDXGM, Manager at Courtyard Portland City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

What a fantastic 5 star review! Thank you so much for taking the time to let everyone know what an exceptional trip you had while staying with our property. We love our staff that we have here. We look forward to seeing you the next time you make it to Portland.