Courtyard Portland City Center
US$217
US$186
US$151
Country Inn
Inn at Northrup Station(Portland)
US$219
Travelocity
US$230
Travelocity
1,102 results
All reviewsgreat locationoriginal restaurantthe pearlmarriott courtyardrestaurant attached to the hotelvoodoo donutsfew blockswithin walking distancefood cartscorner roomvalet parkingmax lineslight railsaturday marketstumptown coffeepowell's bookstorepublic transportation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Good location; walking distance to many downtown restaurants. Good, helpful front desk staff.. Nice restaurant on site,Room is small but that wasn't a problem. Had a problem with the elevator card system; told the front desk & they got a technician to fix itt.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
CourtyardPDXGM, Manager at Courtyard Portland City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Thank you so much for the review. I apologize that we had a minor hiccup during your stay but I am glad our team was able to rectify the situation.

Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Without doing our usual Trip Advisor homework, we rolled into Portland late afternoon and found The Courtyard on Oak Street. It didn't disappoint.

We were given a good room rate, by a friendly and professional front desk staff. We had a good feeling about the hotel from this first impression.

I found the room to be quite stylish and surprisingly spacious. Comfortable bed, too. A special mention to the front desk and valet ($30 was reasonable for secure parking in downtown Portland overnight) for recommending a couple of good restaurants for dinner and breakfast.

This hotel played a big part in the positive impression the city made on me and why I want to go back to Portland.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan A
CourtyardPDXGM, Manager at Courtyard Portland City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments. We are very lucky to have the team that we have. Portland is such a wonderful city and I am glad we helped with that impression. We look forward to seeing you the next time you get a chance to visit.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I stay in a lot of hotels in the course of a year. I found the Courtyard in downtown Portland to be just an average property for the rate they asked. The bed was nice, but the room was small. I really like the fridge as I tend to travel with beverages and snacks. I was also dismayed to find that this hotel has no pool, spa, or bath tubs. My back was very tight and I was looking forward to some water relation therapy. This property was hard to locate without my GPS unit too.

I must have been thrown off by the remodeling construction on the other side of the street. My truck was to large to park in their parking garage so I was also distracted looking for a nearby lot that could accommodate my rig. The nice thing about this location is that it is close to Portland Prime and Voodoo donuts. Both are Portland landmarks for serious foodies! I also had some wonderful customer service from the staff at this property.

If I go to Portland again I will surely stay at the premium Marriott property on the waterfront. While I will probably have to cab it over for some donuts I will get the premium room with a view & a tub or spa for relaxation. All for less than the $200 that a night costs at this Courtyard!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
CourtyardPDXGM, Manager at Courtyard Portland City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for the review. I am sorry to see that you thought of your stay as just okay. We take pride in making our hotel clean, accommodating, and refreshing. I am glad to see that you thought are staff were top notch and I couldn't agree more.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

This is my second stay at this hotel. The first was 2 years ago. Very pleased with all staff, cleanliness, location, convenience,etc. I did speak to a person at the front desk regarding the fact that it took 4 minutes to get hot water at the bathroom sink. Staff checked the room and left a note that it was due to "low volume". That seems unreasonable. Also attempted to print Frontier boarding passes in lobby and was blocked from the site. Desk staff helped me do it on their computer. Lots of great things, just not quite perfect.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for the review. I am glad to hear that our staff was helpful when assisting with all needs even when items were not performing well. We look forward to seeing you again and making your next stay perfect!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Very nice Courtyard, with a convenient location in Downtown Portland. Easy walking distance to several shopping locations, restaurants and light rail. Customer service was great. We had a King room, which was very nice and roomy. The bed was Ok. The bathroom floor did slant a little in our room. The walkways in the lobby are a little tight going to the elevators. Rooms did have a fridge. For an overnight stay, we would stay here again. It is valet parking only and like all downtown hotels, parking is not cheap. The only other issue, which is true for most hotels, they want to charge $4 for the bottled water in your room.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. Our location is very hard to beat as we are in the center of everything in downtown. I hope you get the chance to try us out again the next time you visit Portland.