“Location!!!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
La Jolla, California
“Location!!!”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We loved this hotel. Not too expensive. Nice staff. Rooms were big and beds comfy. There are fabulous food trucks right around the corner. We had dinner at Little Bird also right around the corner. We walked to Powell's bookstore. When we are back in Portland we will stay here again.

Room Tip: Parking is expensive. $30 per day. But it is convenient.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Natascha V
CourtyardPDXGM, Manager at Courtyard Portland City Center, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you for the review. We have to agree that our location really can't be beat. Glad to see you were able to enjoy the amazing food trucks. We look forward to the next time you get to stay in Portland.

Courtyard by Marriott Portland City Center- A Boutique Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We got a great deal on our room here and it was wonderful. The cleaning staff was great, as well as the frontdesk and valet. Parking in $30 a night though, which is a tad expensive depending on what you are doing in the city. It worked well for us because it was snowing and we could just leave the car covered the whole trip.

The wifi is free and fast. However, the restaurant downstairs is not great. Their cocktails are delicious, but the food is not worth your time... you are in Portland after all!

Really close to a lot of touristy shops including voodoo donuts.

Room Tip: Ask for extra pillows and a higher room. Face south if you can, east points right into an office bu...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the 5 star review. The snow in Portland was a huge change but I am glad you were able to still have a wonderful trip. We look forward to seeing you again.

ny
Reviewed 17 February 2014

we stayed for three nights and really like it. the lobby is very nice and a good place to hang out. It has a gas fireplace and comfy chairs. The beds were comfortable and the Wifi worked very well. The bathroom was very large. It was great to have a refrigerator in the room. The only bad thing I could say is that the trash cans were really small and there were no liners. Also, it had no pool, but we knew that before we booked it. Highly recommend the place. We ate at Mother's which was really really good (great for gluten free food). Tried to go to Vodoo donuts, but the line was around the block.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
CourtyardPDXGM, Manager at Courtyard Portland City Center, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you so much for the review. Our location is wonderful and we are surrounded by so many wonderful Portland activities. I hope you get the chance to take another long weekend and enjoy Portland.

Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I choose this hotel based on an online advertisement that suggested there was free parking and breakfast available. Upon arrival, I was informed that neither was true and I even showed them the online advertisement that was listed under their hotel. I advertisement was not honored and I was a little surprised that a business based on hospitality and customer service wasn't more accommodating, especially after I provided the proof. The room was just fine, but I had a sour taste after being lead astray by false advertising.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank brent5dam
I apologize that your stay was not what you had expected. We do offer some exceptional deals online but unfortunately these have to be booked as a package. I am happy to hear that the customer service provided by our staff members within our valet and front desk department met all of your needs.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

This was my first visit to Portland. I wanted to stay near downtown. This place had some good reviews. I found a better deal on my phone vs my laptop.I booked 4 nights not knowing what to expect. However, I was pleasantly surprised. It is within walking distance to everything. The rooms clean and tastefully decorated. The water pressure good . The restaurant was very good and had vegetarian options. I would go back in a second.

• Stayed January 2014
CourtyardPDXGM, Manager at Courtyard Portland City Center, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Thank you so much for the fantastic review. I am glad you were so happy with your stay. All of our staff take great care to make sure every stay is the best possible. I hope you get the chance to make it back to Portland soon.

Vancouver
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Booked this hotel for a last-minute trip to Portland and I was pleasantly surprised. I have stayed in a few "higher ranked" hotels in Portland (The Nines three times, Westin, Ace) and this is right up there with the best. Efficient service, large comfortable rooms but most of all, great location! Close to both the Pearl District and central downtown Portland. The extra bonus is you are right across the street from a number of delicious food trucks! I would not hesitate to stay again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for the 5 stay review. The food trucks that are near the hotel are amazing. I hope you got the chance to try out the Mexican food cart as it is delicious. We can't wait to see you again on your next trip.