“Hotel in downtown Portland”

Courtyard Portland City Center
Ranked #23 of 142 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Vienna, Virginia
“Hotel in downtown Portland”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The courtyard is in a perfect location. Close to everything downtown, popular food trucks and public transportation. An easy walk to any neighborhood.

Hotel employees very helpful in suggesting places for dinner. Quick to respond, forgot shower cap , called and had one in 5 minutes.

Very nice room. Restaurant on premises Zagat rated, however didn't try as there are so many wonderful eateries.

Hotel easily accessible by light rail from airport. One dollar for a two hour ticket or $5 for an all day pass.

Room Tip: Great view of the city from the 16th floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Pilaro O
CourtyardPDXGM, Manager at Courtyard Portland City Center, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write us a 5 star review. We hope the next time you visit Portland you also get to try the amazing brunch at The Original.

Best ,

Courtyard by Marriott Portland City Center- A Boutique Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Powell, Tennessee
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I miss it already. The room was clean, cozy, and modern. The staff was amazing. I had the greatest housekeeping service ever! Location can't be beat. Meeting facilities so comfortable and easy! (Bring a sweater - meeting rooms cook but I like that!!!!). This was one of the best properties I've visited in a long time!!!!!

Room Tip: I bet all are fantastic
Green Features: I loved the recycle bins and the LEEDS certification drew me right in. It's cool how far out front this hotel is!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Wow I think you made us blush a little. Our staff on property are amazing and work very hard to make sure everyone enjoys their stay. I hope you get another chance to visit Portland again soon.

Best,

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Just spent one night here on a business trip, but I was impressed by the helpful staff, very clean and efficient room. A minor issue--advice I got on a nearby self-parking lot didn't work because the parking attendant was gone and the price was a bit higher than they had said. Although I could not park the car inside the garage, but in a spot on the ground floor, it was still probably as good a place to park as I was going to find late at night in that area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am sorry you had any issue with a 3rd party parking structure here in downtown Portland but our property does provide valet parking as a suggestion for your next visit.

Northampton, UK
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We booked this hotel at the last minute and were very pleased with the price, the standard of the hotel itself and its central location. The room was spotlessly clean and comfortable (though my preference is for flatter, less bolster-like pillows - but I still slept fine), the staff very friendly and helpful and it was located very near a tram stop (sadly there were problems with the power to the trams and streetcars while we where there which limited our ability to get around as much of the city as we wanted). The valet parking worked efficiently.
Excellent choice if you want to be centrally located at reasonable cost.

Room Tip: We were near the lifts but heard no noise from them at all.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
We are so glad you were able to enjoy being centrally located in Downtown Portland. The public transportation in Portland is usually fantastic so I am sorry that any issues arose while you were here. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Napa, California
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We chose this hotel because it is the first Gold LEED certified hotel in the Pacific Northwest and its location in Downtown Portland. It ended up being a great choice. We were able to walk to the River Front, Chinatown, the Pearl District, Pioneer Place, etc. all within blocks. The Tri Met bus and MAX lightrail stops are within a half block of the front entrance. I would imagine this hotel is perfect for business travelers. For couples here as tourists, it was a bit minimal offering just a gym and a restaurant on-site. It may be because of the LEED certification but there was only a small shampoo/conditioner and hair dryer in the room. No lotion, shower cap... the types of things that have been in every hotel room I have stayed in. No breakfast included. That of course was no deal breaker since we are vegan and a typical hotel continental breakfast has little for us. We also did not eat at the on-site restaurant because there wasn't much for vegans. Again, not a big deal because we are surrounded by vegan restaurants in the City of Roses. The staff is friendly and efficient. The room is small, modern & minimalistic with plenty of electrical outlets (yes, this is a reference back to a hilarious episode of Portlandia). The hotel also gave us the option of skipping cleaning services for three days of the stay to save water. Since I do not change my sheets at home or replace my bath towels every day at home it was no sacrifice here at the hotel to try to be a bit more "green". As a vegan who is very concerned about our planet, this was a surprising and wonderful choice. Taking the lightrail to and from the hotel to the airport was really easy. We only had to rent a car for one day of the trip so we could explore NE Alberta and then onto the Multnomah Falls. I highly suggest using the city's wonderful transit system rather then wasting the time, gas and money on a car and parking.

Room Tip: No balconies but all have small windows for city views. I would choose a higher floor.
Green Features: The most green hotel I have very stayed in in any city or country. We are very impressed with the hotel's LEED certification and water saving options.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Buttercupsmama
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We take being green seriously so we are glad you notice so many items that we do each day. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip into Portland.

Monterey Park, California
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Staying at a hotel in the city center was an experience. It was close to a lot of things. The hotel staff was knowledgable about the area. They made an excellent dinner suggestion. Hotel staff was warm and inviting. The room was clean and spacious. When we were ready to leave, the valet asked if we needed directions. I have never had that happen to me. It was very refreshing. Yet another hotel that understands what hospitality should be.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
CourtyardPDXGM, Manager at Courtyard Portland City Center, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you so much for the fantastic 5 star review! Hospitality is what we do and I am so glad you appreciated it. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip into Portland.

Palm Beach County
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The Courtyard isn't anything fancy, but it's clean... the staff is friendly and helpful... and it's located within walking distance of practically everything downtown. Just 4 or 5 blocks from the light rail, it's also easy to reach from the airport. My room was bright and well-kept, and everything worked. Even better, this is a LEED certified hotel, so it's a good choice for the environment, too. A good spot if you're staying in Portland.

Green Features: It's not easy to gain LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) certification. But the designation means a building meets strict environmental standards. You may notice some of their efforts, though - such as dual-flush toilets to save water.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank PBCGuy
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am glad we were able to surprise you with the value of our property. I hope you chose to stay with our property again on your next trip to Portland.

Best,