“no water :(”

Ira Keller Fountain Park
Ranked #56 of 453 things to do in Portland
More attraction details
Owner description: A fountain located in Portland.
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I drove past this fountain yesterday and it looked really cool so I made a not to check it out today. Sadly when I returned there was no water. The architecture of the fountain is very nice and I liked how you can sit on the steps facing the fountain, or on top looking down at it. I'm sure with the water on it would be a nice place.
I did not see any homeless in the area and the park was really clean.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

This was a high point in my week long stay in Portland (along with Powells and Ken's Artisan Pizza). We would never have found the fountain by ourselves, I hadn't seen it in any of the literature. It was suggested to us by a local we struck up conversation with.

I love any kind of outdoor art and this is certainly that. Great from every angle. It's like a beautiful piece of sculpture that you can almost get inside. It also makes perfect use of a great site. I liked it so much that we went back at night to see it again lit up to see how different it would be.

1  Thank Joeby2000
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I love the fountain. It's really a masterfully-designed sculpture. The park is decent, taken up mostly by the fountain. Some areas smelled like pee, but it's in the middle of the city so what can you expect? Otherwise very clean. Worth stopping by when you're in the neighborhood.

2  Thank KenzerCT
Reviewed 9 January 2013

This is the most stunning of the various fountains in the city, part of the Lawrence Halprin-designed chain of fountains, springs, and pools. It's beautiful in the spring when the rhododendrons are out, and in the summer when the kids are splashing about in the water, and in the fall, when the nearby maples and oaks are red and yellow. Note that the water is drained in the winter months, although the park is still handsome.

1  Thank Elaine C
Reviewed 21 December 2012

It allows families to experience the fountain and water by playing in it. an nice entry forcourt to the Keller theater.

1  Thank pdxdyl