“Be a Child Again”

Ira Keller Fountain Park
Ranked #59 of 442 things to do in Portland
More attraction details
Owner description: A fountain located in Portland.
San Diego, California
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Be a Child Again”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Make sure you PARTICIPATE! This astounding urban fountain is a whimsical collection of flowing water falls and tall pools that is very reminiscent of the fountains in Dr. Seuss' book, "Happy Birthday to You," but constructed with great architectural style and beauty at the same time. It really is amazing. My only regret is that I did not roll up my pant legs and throw adult reservations to the wind when we stumbled upon it after dinner at Murata's. Join in, get sopping wet and soak in the fun. Enjoyed by frolicking children, romantic couples and a few contemplative sojourners reading books, this piece of urban architecture is truly memorable and unique.

Visited July 2014

Israel, Jerusalem
217 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 237 helpful votes
“huge fountain- cool in august”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

this is a huge fountain, located un the middle of the business center of Portland. it was august when I traveled so stopping at the fountain was nice. a lot of people put there legs in the water, and some even jump in! it's just on the way to the waterfront park or the aerial tram. Don't be stressed about the homeless or street kids. they sit there with there own group of people, as everywhere in portland, but i felt safe traveling alone.

Visited August 2013
Vancouver, Washington
190 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Fun to sit and enjoy”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

This is a fun park to sit and enjoy the sound of the water running. I took my lunch and my book and enjoyed the beautiful park. Lots of kids playing in the water. The cement is a little firm, but you can't have everything :)

Visited June 2013
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“no water :(”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I drove past this fountain yesterday and it looked really cool so I made a not to check it out today. Sadly when I returned there was no water. The architecture of the fountain is very nice and I liked how you can sit on the steps facing the fountain, or on top looking down at it. I'm sure with the water on it would be a nice place.
I did not see any homeless in the area and the park was really clean.

Visited October 2013
Blenheim, New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Ira Keller Fountain - a must see”
Reviewed 11 February 2013

This was a high point in my week long stay in Portland (along with Powells and Ken's Artisan Pizza). We would never have found the fountain by ourselves, I hadn't seen it in any of the literature. It was suggested to us by a local we struck up conversation with.

I love any kind of outdoor art and this is certainly that. Great from every angle. It's like a beautiful piece of sculpture that you can almost get inside. It also makes perfect use of a great site. I liked it so much that we went back at night to see it again lit up to see how different it would be.

Visited September 2012