“PAM is good visit”

and up
Portland Segway Tour
Ranked #25 of 464 things to do in Portland
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the oldest art museums on the west coast with an impressive collection of Native American and Asian art, plus a large modern and contemporary wing. Rotating special exhibitions bring the best of the art world to Portland.
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We went for the Venetian exhibit and found other well worth it other exhibits that are part of the collection of the museum. The food exhibit was small but well done. The contemporary art building was off the chart. We liked the first floor with Monet, Renoir, etc etc etc. the other floors were quite overly contemporary. The museum shop was nicely done with many options. The coffee shop had Stumptown coffee nice treat.

All reviews
in 57 reviews
"pam"
in 40 reviews

Reviewed 26 April 2014

My husband and another couple just finish seeing the Venice exhibit, (I believe we are the only museum in the US to have this exhibit, the last city was Montreal Canada). Find out when you can tour with a docent, that way you will get more out of your tour.
This art museum is the 7th oldest in the US, the oldest in the north west, and is internationally know, because of our permanent collection, (like Monet, Renoir, Picasso, Cezanne, and Vincent Van Gouge , plus Native American works of art, sculptures, (like Henry Moore) and the Chinese art Gallery ,( over 40,000 works of art).
The building is an easy walk, (if you can not do stairs, they have an elevator) so take your time and stroll.....They are open some evening, (we went on a Thur.) and closed on Mondays.

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I went to check out the museum in January right before the samurai exhibit finished. I was actually impressed by the set up and what it had to offer. I was able to use my iPhone to hear information on the exhibits in the samurai section! How cool is that??
The museum is not huge but I always enjoy a more intimate place rather than getting burned out.
It provided quite a few interesting sections and I was lucky enough to go on a weekday where there were few people and not crowded....
The best part was that I paid $15 and with my student card I can go back all year for free (with the student card of course)!
Great way to get out of the rain in portland!!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We went to see Tip Toland's remarkable show and were pleasantly surprised to be able to catch the Venice special exhibition as well. The museum is larger than it appears and is well laid out. Nice contemporary collection and a respectable collection of Impressionist-era painting and sculpture. Would definitely go back.