“Beautiful!”
Review of Hoyt Arboretum

Hoyt Arboretum
Ranked #22 of 453 things to do in Portland
More attraction details
Owner description: A popular destination for nature lovers, this arboretum contains many different species of trees.
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I'm not an outdoorsy person, but hiking the arboretum was worth the effort! Beautiful views and nice, easy paths. Every area looks like you're in a different park. We even saw an eagle's nest! Kids could handle the paths easily, which is something I usually look for in an attraction, though I was there for an educators' conference at the wonderful Opal School.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Loved visiting to get in some shorter easy hikes - would definitely recommend the sequoia and redwoods areas. Lots of families out on weekends, but it was best hiking during mid-day for the quiet. Always parked along the street so it was free, and definitely worth the short drive from downtown.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

You could easily spend an entire day here walking around the trails. Each trail is labeled after the types of trees/plants that you will see on that trail. The one thing I would suggest is updating the trail signage since there are certain areas where we could have easily got lost if it weren't for our cell phone's GPS maps.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Hoyt Arboretum is part of Washington park and an easy walk from the zoo, thru hiking trails. There are many loop trails amongst the various types of plants and trees, a Conifer, Oak, Sequoia, Gingko, Bamboo and Dogwood loop, a Holly loop. It even has a thought extinct prehistoric era Dawn redwood group. Very uncrowded, great for the botany minded, easy hiking trails. Cool in summer.
D. Justice

1  Thank Darryl J
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I walk here with my dog once a week. Each time we visit there is something new to see. The trees are really beautiful and interesting. The trails are pretty easy and I usually finish a loop in a 1/2 hour. They are charging for parking in the lots but I usually find a place to park for free.