Candlewood Suites - Portland Airport
US$299
US$275
US$229
  • Restaurant
All reviewsextended stayfull size fridgeportland airportflight pathstove topcascade stationdvd playerone bedroom suiterooms are cleanshuttle servicewould definitely stay here againhome away from homeone night stayfitness centerrental cardishwasherkitchenette
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I am normally loyal to a different hotel brand but decided to stay at IHG property because of a promotion they were running. We stayed at the Candlewood for a night while visiting friends in Portland. It's about 15 minutes from the city center. If you have a car, it is much cheaper to stay by the airport than downtown.

I liked the room at Candlewood. We had a kitchen, bathroom, and nice bed. Everything seemed clean.

One thing I didn't care for was the cheapness of this hotel. Very few toiletries in the bathroom, no breakfast, etc. I asked the front desk for a toothbrush (I forgot mine) and they said I could buy one from the hotel store. I would never expect that from a chain hotel.

I probably would not stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
PDXCWGM, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Stephanie_Janeen,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of our Candlewood Suites Extended Stay Hotel near the Portland Airport. We appreciate you mentioning the cleanliness of the room and the "nice bed". We are geared toward the extended stay traveler staying from 7+ nights all the way to a year long stay. We certainly do not intend to make it seem as the items we offer are lacking. However, we do try to eliminate waste as part of our green initiative and lower cost to offer a better value to our traveler's without sacrificing cleanliness and services. All items are value priced in our Candlewood Cupboard at just $6 or less where we do offer toothbrush's, toothpaste as well as many other items so guests do not have to find a store to purchase these last minute items. We hope to see you again soon when your travel brings you back to Portland.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed here in August 2013 after a long cross-country flight, before hitting the road the next day for our ultimate destination. With any hotel that's this close to the airport (less than five minutes, directly east and under the flight path), one has to worry about noise. Not with the Candlewood -- the place was very quiet. We also have family members who are sensitive to aromatic cleaning supplies. We asked that the Candlewood not use them before our arrival, and they accommodated. While we did not need to use the Candlewood's extended-stay features, for anyone needing an affordable, extended-stay facility that's convenient to the airport or East Portland, Candlewood would be at the top of my list.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
PDXCWGM, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear Sox_Fan47,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We appreciate you mentioning how quiet, clean and accomodating our hotel and team were. We truly enjoy being able to serve each and every guest. We hope to see you again when your travel brings you back to Portland.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

My family & I stayed at the Candlewood Suites in Portland, OR Sep 2013. We travel often and choose a suite hotel near the airport. During our stay we needed a plunger & asked at the front desk for one. The agent said that they did NOT have a plunger so my husband told her he would go and buy one. While he was at the store the agent apparently found a plunger and began to knock on our door it was 3AM. Being alone with my daughter I did not answer so she decided to call our room needless to say she woke me up to tell me she found the plunger. Well my husband was already on his way back from the store and I told her that. She said we would need to speak with the manager that morning. We spoke with the operations manager. The operations manager must have NO experience in customer service because she refused to acknowledge that it was not right to have lied to my husband & then wake me up. When we told her that we purchased a plunger ourselves she said "TAKE IT BACK, you'll get a refund." We had to remind her it had been USED and yet she kept saying "I’m just suggesting it". At that point we asked for the GM. The GM was not avail. but was to have called us the next day. We did not receive a phone call from him or explanation. We checked out & moved to Hyatt Place. There complacency has lost them a customer. We value our health and the well-being of others & will NEVER again stay at a Candlewood Suites part of IHG. #grossedout

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank travelinglight2nite
PDXCWGM, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear travelinglight2nite,

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience during your stay. I would however, like to point out some inaccuracies with your review. Your husband had come down and asked for a plunger. Unfortunately, the one in housekeeping, behind the front desk was being used by another guest. Our team member did not want to have your husband wait and politely let him know she would bring the plunger shortly to the room as she would have to go to a storage room upstairs. Within 10 minutes our team member had located and attempted to deliver the plunger to the room. As your husband had created a sense of urgeny and due to the matter, our team member felt the need to call the room as not to further inconvenience you as guests. I did attempt to call the phone number on file upon my return on Tuesday and received a recording that stated, "you have reached a voicemail box that has not been set up". Please feel free to contact me at 503-251-4591 at your earliest convenience to discuss this matter further.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

This hotel fits the bill for an easy airport stay. It's very close to PDX and has quiet, spacious rooms at a great price. I would generally prefer to stay at a hotel with a breakfast option, but appreciated the availability of some foods in the lobby store. The free laundry setup is really a great perk.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
PDXCWGM, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Dear ieateverything,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel and for mentioning how quiet and spacious our rooms are. Also, thank you for mentioning our complimentary guest laundry. Our Candlewood Cupboard is great feature and allows guests to build their own breakfast packages for around $3.50 giving each guest flexibility as it is open 24 hours a day. We hope to see you again soon.

KIndest Regards,

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Stayed one night for an early morning flight the next day from Portland Airport. Location is great for the airport takes 5 minutes. Good check in with helpful staff and the hotel has the majority you need , but no bar or restaurant . That is because this chain is really self catering and the room reflect this and is well fitted with Kitchen, microwave and all utensils. There is one restaurant close by open 24 hrs. Rooms are spacious clean and comfortable. Free laundry facilities and gym room.
The hotel is in a bit of a industrial park location but is very safe.One of the best priced hotels with excellent facilities that i have stayed at .

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Tim P,

Thank you for such a wonderful review of our hotel. We truly enjoy being able to serve guests like yourself. Thank you for mentioning our proximity to the airport and for mentioning how helpful our staff was. I will make sure to pass along your comments to our team. We hope to see you again in the near future.

KIndest Regards,