“Good airport choice”

Ranked #72 of 141 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersGold level
“Good airport choice”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I needed a place to stay before a 6am flight and thought I'd try something different. I booked the park and fly rate. I was given a queen suite. It had a fill refrigerator and a microwave and dishwasher. I didn't get the opportunity to use any of them because of my brief stay but they are very nice for people who stay longer. The room was quiet. The bed was comfortable. The shuttle get me to the airport. What more can you ask for.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank David S
PDXCW, Manager at Candlewood Suites - Portland Airport, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear David S.
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are glad to have been able to host you and for you to enjoy your stay with us. It is great to know you had no problem sleeping, our rooms are near the airport but we do what we can to make sure you have a peaceful nights sleep in a comfortable bed. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Thank you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I had an original one week stay at this motel that continually was extended and ended up staying for two weeks. The entire time the staff was extremely friendly and accommodating to my needs. All the desk women (Alex, Lesley Ann, Mikala and Sintia) that I was regularly working with pertaining to my stay requirements were very professional and friendly.
The room I stayed in was very relaxing, clean and had a comfortable bed.
The only thing I could say negative is that I thought the value (price of the room) was a bit high considering the candlewood doesn't have a continental breakfast or a swimming pool/spa as the other IHG brands do at the same price. But I still would stay again before selecting another brand hotel other than an IHG brand.
I'd definitely recommend this hotel.

Green Features: I'm a smoker but love that fact that this hotel is a smoke free hotel. I make a living staying in hotels and even as a smoker there's nothing worse than the smell of a smoke stained rooms that can be smelled in the hallways.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bryan B
PDXCWGM, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites - Portland Airport, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Bryan B,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm so glad our front desk made your stay enjoyable, we strive for our guests to leave happy. I do apologize that we do not serve a complimentary breakfast, I hope you were able to explore some great breakfast eateries nearby or maybe try one of our breakfast options in our Candlewood Cupboard. We hope to see you traveling our way again.
Best wishes
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I stayed at this location for multiple days, both near the beginning and end of my trip. There is a shuttle that can bring you to either the Airport or the Cascades MAX station, with restaurants and shops close to the train and quick access to downtown. Staff have been good here. There was a bit heavy cleaner smell on the last stay, but was otherwise nice. I would stay here again if re-visiting Portland.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank BCvacationer
Dear BCvacationer,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We're glad you had a good experience with out shuttle service. We appreciate you mentioning our staff, they do their best to make sure each and every guest enjoys their stay here at the Candlewood Suites. I do apologize that our cleaning supplies were a little too strong, we will make sure to not overdo the use on those. We hope to see you again soon.
Best wishes!
Moclips, Washington
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Although I was only able to stay for an hour and a half due to getting caught in a snowstorm that shut down the freeway for hours (took 6 hours to travel the last 40 miles), the hotel was a welcoming oasis. The early morning desk host was friendly and helpful, and the room was immaculate and quiet. I plan to stay here again..... a little longer next time though (I hope).

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dear Shari C,
We appreciate you taking time out of your day to review our hotel. We definitely did not expect a snowstorm heading our way, but we're glad you were able to stay cozy for a little bit at our hotel. Thank you for mentioning our morning host, our staff does our best to make sure every guest loves their stay with us. We hope your next stay with us is longer and warmer.
Best wishes!
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Because of room condition but good price if you're just looking for an overnight stay and accommodations. its close to airport and its available at low prices. Staff was good. So, overall, it was a horrible room but an okay stay

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Portland Airport, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Sheila W,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you. Rest assured that the issues you have raised have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

Thank you again for your comments as this is very helpful to us to ensure we are able to meet our guests expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Maupin, Oregon
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Stopped in for a quick nights stay after a late pickup at the airport. It is very convenient and close to the airport, but not so close it is noisy. The staff was very helpful and attentive. They have a great pantry stocked with about anything you could need...all on the honor system. I thought it was a very comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
PDXCWGM, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Portland Airport, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Rob M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel and for mentioning that our guest services team was very helpful and attentive. That brings joy to my ears. Also, thank you for mentioning our fully stocked 24 hour Candlewood Cupboard convenience store which is ran on the honor system. It is a welcomed amenity to save guests time and allow convenience for snack items, breakfast and dinner options. We hope to see you again very soon.

Kindest Regards,

Nathan Storms
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Needed a pet friendly hotel for one night during Thanksgiving -- good rate, great room, has all the amenities -- no problem with the dogs. Clean and nice, not run down, nor thread bare -- I would highly recommend it for a stay in Portland area (if you don't need to be right in downtown) -- highly impressed, will stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Russ B
PDXCWGM, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Portland Airport, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Russ B,

Thank you for your compliment of what a "great stay" you had. We appreciate you mentioning how comfortable the room was and that you were able to bring your dogs. It is important you are able to travel with your furry friends. Our team takes great pride in keeping the quality of our hotel to the highest standard and we are excited when it is noticed by guests like you. We hope to see you again soon.

Kindest Regards,