Candlewood Suites - Portland Airport
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
Good 3.5/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsextended stayfull size fridgeportland airportflight pathstove topcascade stationdvd playerone bedroom suiterooms are cleanshuttle servicewould definitely stay here againhome away from homeone night stayfitness centerrental cardishwasherkitchenette
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 June 2010

Let me begin by saying that I travel about 90% of the year and always stay in hotels. I stayed at this Candlewood for 12 weeks (April through June) with 7 others when in Portland for Business. During that stay I was able to interact with the staff daily and they always made a point to say hello and to accomodate any request that we had. The hotel offers two gas grills outside on a covered patio to all guests. This was a great little perk, as we were able to grill meats and vegetables at any time of our choosing. The rooms are great, providing a full-sized fridge, a flatscreen TV and probably the most comfortable bed that I've slept in at a hotel. Seriously, the beds are great. The hotel shuttle also runs to places like Cascade Station (1 mile away), which contains numerous restaurants and shops where you can eat/drink and shop.

In closing, I would like to also mention that I am heading to three different cities in California and have already made arrangements to stay at Candlewood Suites in those locations. Yes, they are that nice and comfortable.

Nathan, Jessica and Debbie are all wonderful and honestly do take care of the guests at the hotel. They really do understand customer service.

Give them a try, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
PDXCWGM, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the candid review of our extended stay hotel. We definitely agree and feel that we are the perfect fit for individuals that are here on long term or short term assignment. Our goal is that you consider Candlewood Suites Home. I would like to take the time to tell you, "thank you" for the wonderful comments about our staff and how you were able to interact with them daily making the burdon of being away from home easier. We will continually strive to create "Great Hotels that Guests Love". We look forward to hosting you when your leisure or business travel bring you back to the Greater Portland Area.

Reviewed 15 June 2010

This Candlewood suites did not live up to their reputation. It was very overpriced for what you get. The refridgerator had to be unplugged because of the high pitched annoying sound that it gave off. When we mentioned this to the desk help the next day they didn't even offer a room discount and didn't seem too concerned about it. It was difficult to find the hotel and wasn't located near a restaurant. Wished we had stayed at the Best Western instead.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank roadtrekers
PDXCWGM, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2010

Dear Guest,

I wanted to write and say how sorry we are that our hotel and service did not live up to your expectations. We do not see scores this low as you can see from the previous reviews. We would love to have the opportunity to have you back as a guest and change your perception of our hotel. I have notified our Maintenance Engineer and we are researching the issue of the noisy refrigerator as we are brand new with all new appliances and want to make sure all appliances work the same for every guest. In regards to the location of our hotel we are conveniently located just off Airport Way and are visible from both Airport Way and I-205. Within walking distance are 2 restaurants with one being Shari's and within 1 mile are more than twenty restaurants. Our staff will continue to strive to meet the needs of each and every guest and we will make sure to be more empathetic and address guest issues and concerns more effectively in the future. Please contact me directly as I would love to have you back as a guest at our hotel.

Reviewed 7 June 2010

What a great property! We stayed the night before our flight and it was just perfect! Very quiet and roomy. The best part was the comfortable recliner and couch that was in the living room area. My husband and I were able to relax just like we were at home and watch TV. The extra blankets were also great because, like at home, I like to watch TV with blankets and pillows. We even got ice cream from the little snacky room, which was fun because they had a nice selection and it wasn't priced higher than at the grocery store. I would definetly suggest staying at this new, quiet and very clean property! Have the shuttle take you to the airport, like we did. It was great!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the kinds things that you have mentioned about our property in your review of our hotel. We definitely stive to create a quiet atmosphere for all guests by making you feel like you are at home. You mentioned the wonderful leather recliner which our guests do appreciate. Our goal is to make you feel at home so in our one bedroom suites we do have extra blankets in the living room closet for that the very reason of making you as comfortable as we can while you are away from home. We are glad that you enjoyed our Candlewood Cupboard which all guests love, having over 200 items all value priced at $6 or less allows the convenience for you to live on your own time. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again when your travel brings you to the greater Portland area.

General manager

Reviewed 5 June 2010

I am a corportate travel agent so I stay in hotels fairly often. This hotel came to my attention for a trip I recently took to Puerto Vallarta, checkin went perfectly. The room was very nice with all the ammenities I could need. They ensured I was up in time to get to the airport by 5:30am for my flight. I was able to leave my car at the hotel, they shuttled me to the airport - which is very close - then at the end of my trip shuttled me back to the hotel to pick up my car. Perfect - I'll be staying there again soon for my next trip.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo

Dear Candlewood Guest,

Thank you for all the wonderful thing that you have pointed out about our property. Our entire staff is ecstatic that you chose to begin your vacation with us. We definitely feel that our hotel is the perfect fit for the corporate traveler or vactioner such as yourself. Our shuttle service is second to none and we enjoy being able to get people to the airport as quick and safe as possible. We look forward to you staying with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2010

We have stayed at the candlewood twice. We stay the the night before flying out of Portland Airport. For the price, compared to nearby hotels, this is an excellent deal. The room was spacious and had great ammenities. We plan on continuing to stay there when we fly out of Portland.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
PDXCWGM, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2010

Dear Guest,

I wanted to write you personally and say "Thank You" from our entire staff about the superb review you gave of our hotel. We pride ourself on customer service and creating "Great Hotels That Guests Love". We are a hidden gem when it comes to Park, Stay and Go as we have packages online available which include up to 14 days of free parking. I am thrilled that we are a perfect fit for you and your family whenever you fly out or into Portland International Airport. We look forward to hosting you when you fly the friendly skies.