“Not bad overall”

Comfort Suites Southwest
Ranked #57 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I have stayed at a number of different comfort suites over the years, and this one did not disappoint.

Rooms were clean, front desk was helpful and friendly as well.

Bed was not as comfortable as others I have stayed at, but it wasn't Uncomfortable either, it was above average, but wouldn't rave about it.

Breakfast in the morning was good, Hot and cold options available. Hot food included cheese omelets and sausage, and of course, waffles. Lots of cold options available as well. Location is close to freeway, but didn't hear much noise from it. Just off major road in area, but very easy to miss. Lots of food and shopping close by within a few minute drive.

Overall a good experience, but I may choose other locations first, if they are available.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KJ9000
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Southwest

Reviewed 19 June 2012

I spent one night here back in May on vacation. The hotel is a bit hard to get to itself, as its off a side street from the highway which can make it a little annoying sometimes. The hotel itself was clean and comfortable, with nice large flat screen TV. There are lots of food options real close to the hotel, just cross the highway and go down 99 and they are all there. The hotel itself was very clean and had a big breakfast selection and a big business center as well. It was a very nice hotel, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Young woman that checked us in could not have been more helpful. She actually printed out a map from the computer to where we were going to dinner. Also told us the quickest way to get where we were going in the morning. (I5 becomes a parking lot in the morning and it would have made us late or have to leave really early.) On the down side. I got a couple hours sleep at most due to being so close t the freeway(noise), full moon and the drapes would not shut all the way so the room was very lit up, bed was uncomfortable. This is a very noisy hotel. Breakfast was average for comfort suites. Parking lot was difficult to use in a large pick up / barely fit between the lines (actually on the white lines on both sides of the vehicle) with various levels and tight turns to maneuver to park. Would not stay at this location again.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor front of the hotel, maybe the back side away from the parking lot would hav...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We stay here on average 10-15 nights a year. It is easy to get to without hassle of going into down town. Quiet and comfortable. Plenty of choices for breakfast. The pool could be warmer, but my daughter enjoys it anyway, while my husband gets plenty of use from the hot tub and exercise equipment.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank shawna_03
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Our king-bed room overlooked a roof, so the view was poor. This location is very busy with traffic, and we had to use our Garmin just to find a Red Lobster restaurant. On the other hand, the bed was comfortable, and there were fluffy towels and washcloths for a change. At breakfast, the McMuffins and apples were individually wrapped (great sanitary idea), and there were plenty of tables for the breakfast crowd. Nice stay except for the location.

Room Tip: Our king-sized bed was comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2011

The manager is a real jerk, he decided to have a employee party with no warning right outside my room and after several hours of hearing kids screaming up and down the halls I complained and he told me if I didn't like it I could leave, I was shocked he would say that to a good customer who had been there for almost a month so I left and had to find another place on Christmas Eve. Other complaints include the lady desk clerk with a infant crying all the time, the maids threw away my parking pass and business cards I need for work, the swimming pool has scum all over the bottom. I could go on but you get the picture, I recommend you stay at the Hospitality Inn, just down the road a half mile.

Room Tip: just don't go
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Gary S
Reviewed 27 November 2011

We stayed at this hotel for four nights during a recent trip to Portland. The hotel itself is fine, but they are very obviously trying to keep staff costs as low as possible. The front desk lady had her infant child with her at all times, who was sometimes crying. There is only one housekeeper for the entire hotel, so on two consecutive days we left the hotel at 9:00 AM and returned at 4:30 to a room that had not been made up. I cannot recommend this hotel due to the management's obvious attempts to cut costs wherever possible.

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank musicalarchitect75
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portland
Hospitality Inn
Aladdin Inn and Suites
#85 of 144 in Portland
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Tigard

Been to Comfort Suites Southwest? Share your experiences!