“Perfect place”

Ranked #119 of 141 Hotels in Portland
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Perfect place”
Reviewed 15 January 2012

The lady on the desk on night shift was very accommodating! Every time we went downstairs she would cheerily greet us and remind us if we needed any help she was there. Other staff members even took apart the pipes in the bathroom sink to retrieve a piece of jewellery that had fallen down!

Was extremely pleased with the spacious King room, with a convenient couch and coffee table set up. Can't speak for the breakfast though, as we never made it down in time.

Would definitely recommend Guest House, so much so that we returned just two weeks later!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank stars1989

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed 31 December 2011

I don't know about you but finding dried blood stains on the towels is a major turn off for me. I informed the staff attendant on hand and subsequently informed the manager in the morning. I was informed that what likely happened is that housekeeping mixed up clean towels with dirty soiled towels.

My concern is that if they could "mix" the dirty towels with clean ones, then it raises serious concerns about the cleanliness of everything else, like bed sheets.

What makes matters worse, they didn't even bother asking me what room I stayed in.

The motivation for writing this review is based on how the hotel establishment addressed my concerns which sadly turned out not to be the case. If they had treated me differently I don't think I would have bothered to write about this.

• Stayed December 2011

Travellers are raving about these Portland hotels

Yakima, WA
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Me and 2 friends stayed here Nov 4th and 5th. The room we had was very nice sized with 2 queen beds and also a sitting area with a hide-a-bed sofa. Beds were comfy, room was clean. We even used the indoor pool and hot tub and both were nice and clean. This hotel is within walking distance of several fast food places, and also Sheri's restaurant. Safeway is just across the street and there is also a Dollar Tree and a Fashion Bug for shopping. Liquor store only about a mile south on 181st. Good location, close to airport, and only a couple of exits from the Outlet Mall. Easy freeway access too. Continental breakfast is included in your stay. I will definitley stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor and did not hear any noise from anywhere. Very peaceful for sleeping.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Peter K, Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Portland / Gresham, responded to this review, 2 December 2011
Thank you for your comments. We are glad you enjoyed our hotel. We hope to you see you again during your future travels.

Yours truly,

Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 1 September 2011

The room we stayed in had a Jacuzzi. It was clean and felt good to sit in after a long drive. The room was well kept and clean. Bed was very comfortable. Didn't get a chance to try the pool and hot tub but they looked clean also. The breakfast was ok. Would recommended to others.

• Stayed September 2011
Thank you for your much appreciated comments. We value the feedback and glad you enjoyed our large jacuzzi suite. Maybe next time you will get the chance to enjoy our wonderful pool and relaxing hot tub.

Your truly,

San Jose, California
Reviewed 8 March 2011

Me and my wife recently stayed in a jacuzzi suite room at the Portland suites. After a long day with friends and family we looked forward to relaxing. Well that didn't happen because upon arrival we noticed the pool was empty and car with a broken window sitting in the parking lot. After checking in we entered our room and settled down. My wife took a shower. I turned on the TV that had no volume then looked around the room and noticed what looked like a drop of dried redish substance on the rim of the really dusty spa tub. I took a towel from the bath and wiped the substance that appeared to be blood, possibly from the cracked tile surrounding the tub. I immediatly informed my wife and we got another room. After a inspection of this "suite" the carpets were stained and cigarette burns on the comforter in our NON smoking room. This tub needed a cleaning too before entering. We striped the burnt blanket off and the bed seemed to be clean. It's morning and we go to the continental breakfast and found it to be worse then the rooms. The fruit consisted of dried apples, not dried just been there for awhile, no waffles like advertised. Two cups of milk in the gallon. Horrible coffee. Orange and apple juice that tasted funny. After all this we decided to check out early and go to breakfast elsewhere. Upon checking out we inquired about the 10% discount that is advertised online and the same girl that checked us in at 8pm was there to check us out at 10am. She could not give the discount so she called her manager who refused to honor their advertisment. Disapointed in the whole ordeal we paid the bill and left in a hurry. I've stayed in $60 hotels with questionable reputations and had better experiences with them. Please stay elsewhere if you want a nice room at a fair price. Would not recommend. You should sleep well in a $100+ a night room, you won't find that here.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Polarbear001
Thank you very much for your honest feedback. Since your stay we have remedied all issues, including the pool which was not functioning due to much need repairs. We hope to see you in the near future and I will personally guarantee that you will have comfortable and convenient stay.

Yours sincerely,

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 4 January 2011

The older reviews for this property are for the old name under the old managers. I have stayed here twice, recently. In November I took advantage of the "Sleep, Park, Fly" deal. Since I am currently living two hours outside of Portland, it made sense for me to come in the night before my flight. The rate for overnight and parking my car in the lot for two weeks was less than just parking at the airport for two weeks. They have a van for trips to the airport for mulitiple passengers, but since I was flying alone the owner took me to the airport in her Mercedes and picked me up in her Range Rover. Hard life!

The hotel is very clean and comfortable. Breakfast is the same old hotel array of make your own waffles and such, but everything seemed nice and fresh. Staff helpful and pleasant. Room very comfortable, wifi good, but bad selection of cable channels. That needs to be the next upgrade. Rooms have been recently refreshed and have ironing boards, microwaves, mini-fridges, coffee makers and hair dryers.

I stayed the second time over Christmas weekend visiting friends in Portland. The main drawback to this hotel is that it is out in the boondocks. However, it is right next to I-84 and the I-205 and I-5 are handy. I would not stay here if I was counting on Portland's famous transportation system to get me around, or if I was looking for a place to stroll around and take in the scenery. It's surrounded by strip malls and fast food places.

However, if you have your car with you and don't mind a little drive, this place is a great value. My stay over Christmas weekend was $48 per night, Hotels.com rate. Perfect for what i needed and the Park and Fly is an amazing deal.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
Monroe, Oregon
Reviewed 14 February 2010

We live 2 hours south of Portland and were taking an cruise out of San Diego so wanted a place to park and fly from and this was the best we've tried so far. Far enough from the airport to be quiet but close enough so that the van was waiting for us when I called to be picked up when our plane landed. By the time we walked out and got our bags the van was there no waiting.....super service. The room was very nice, free WIFI and a indoor pool and spa if your inclined to swim. Very nice free breakfast with waffles or egg sandwiches and lots of other cold options. We will most definetly use them again.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank quiltgran6
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portland
Econo Lodge at Port of Portland
Four Points by Sheraton Portland East
Days Inn Portland/Gresham
Chestnut Tree Inn Portland Mall 205
Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham
Hampton Inn Portland East
Hampton Inn Portland East
#15 of 141 in Portland

Been to GuestHouse Inn & Suites Portland / Gresham? Share your experiences!