See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Getting here with public transit was easy enough. The TriMet Red Line until NE 99st and then the 77 bus. The hotel is clean, there is a pool, sauna, small fitness room and jacuzzi open until midnight but no supervision (stating that for folks with children).
My room was spacious but after 1 night I had to be moved as there was water coming into my room from the room above just outside of the bathroom.
I had issues dialing out using the room phone and the clerk couldn't figure it out. There's a hallway payphone but that doesn't work either. We finally got the phone to work so if you are without cell phone, it can be tricky.
Access to downtown via public transit can be achieved by taking the 77 bus direct (a long ride if you are willing) or a short mile down 181 (there's a bus there too but I walked it) to the blue TriMet line.
There is a grocery store, 7 11, quiznos, wendys etc just outside the hotel which is convenient.
The only negative I have for this hotel is the breakfast.
It is oranges, sausage (or sometimes replaced with biscuit and cream sauce), cereal, bread, bagels.
It could use more variety of fruits like apples and bananas and like many mid range hotels, perhaps a waffle iron section with waffle batter and syrup.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I stay in this class of hotel about 8 times a year, and have never come across a more disappointing property. I showed up at 4:30pm, and got the key to my room. I bring my luggage up, to find that the maids are still cleaning my room. At 4:30, well past check in time! I bring my stuff back down to the lobby, wait 10 mins, then finally get into my room.

Noise was not a problem overnight, but a fellow traveler in an adjoining room rtells me that he was kept up all night by footsteps in the room above him and a homeless couple living in their car across the street, yelling and cooking BBQ. Clearly this is not the first night they lived there!

Next morning, I go to make coffee in my room. No regular, just decaf. Also scratchy towels for my shower

I make my way down to the breakfast room. Only biscuits and gravy, and cereal. No fruit to put on the cereal. No yoghurt. No eggs or English muffins (they did have toast). As I said before, I stay in these type hotels fairly often, and the biggest reason why I choose them is the breakfast. I like to relax and read as I start my day. The breakfast options were so poor, that I won't stay here again, or in any guesthouse suites. I'm off to mcdonalds, which at least has a variety of foods.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 July 2012

With attention from Management this complex could score much higher. Continental Breakfast is lacking and seems Not to be important to warrant anything more than a minimal staff effort. A Local Grocery Store is walking distance but Facility only offers just the basics, bread, two childrens brands of cereal and orange, apple juice and coffee or hot chocolate. Parking Spaces are very tight, pool was open however other areas where regularly not maintained and therefore never open to residents. Children regularly running thru the halways. Daily newspaper was not current. Rooms were clean but housekeeping schedule was under performing when given a chance to do well they like the Overall Facility came up Short.

Room tip: Would Confirm if Different Areas were Repaired if you would be counting on a working Sauna or Weight Room. Expect Morning Service Delays as Front Desk Personnel also attempt to manage the Free Continental Breakfast.
Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We needed a last minute room off of I84 on the way to the Gorge. We found this place off the exit and got a nice room for $80. My advice would be go for a top floor room and avoid the breakfast. Our neighbors above were stomping around all night and the breakfast was uninspired at best.

Room tip: 4th floor!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2012

This place was in a dicey neighborhood and the continental breakfast was really rather lousy or it would have gotten a 4 rather than 3. We reserved 2 rooms as we were traveling with family. They were charging $79 per night when we booked and everyone around us had the $49 coupons. It felt like we were being ripped off. The rooms are large but the neighborhood was a major drawback as we did not feel too safe going out. The breakfast was cold - biscuits and gravy included. You have to scoop your cream cheese out of a pint container that everyone else has used all morning long. That is just disturbing and everyone should know better these days.

Date of stay: June 2012