“Dont become a member”
Review of RiverPlace Athletic Club - CLOSED

More attraction details
Owner description: A large fitness center.
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I've been a member for two years and when I joined it was because of location, access to free parking, good number of weight equipment pieces, towels available, enough cardio machines, pool, basketball court, and sauna/steam room options. There is a small indoor track options as well. I did note the interior felt tired and weary but was I willing. Flash forward, the gym has declined dramatically in service and continues to decline in age and equipment. Free parking has been removed and no communication occurs with members on a regular open basis. They have held a couple of town hall meetings but all I want to do is pay and go and not get involved in mismanagement. Without parking, it is a waste of money. Too bad. If they make physical and management improvements and get it together on free parking over the next several months, they may be able to woe members back at half the price. Avoid the club until they go out of business or under go changes. Going out of business would be my bet.

3  Thank Artcatbigtoed
There are newer reviews for RiverPlace Athletic Club

Reviewed 21 December 2012

I am not a gym crawler, but have belonged to gyms in the past. This gym is sterling: updated equipment, a nice atmosphere, good changing room/showers...and it's clean, clean, clean. What I liked most were the machines that adjusted very easily. In my last gym, you had to move pins to adjust resistance, but in this gym, you merely pushed buttons until you felt the correct resistance for the arm/leg machines. I didn't have time to check out the pool, unfortunately. If I were to live in the neighborhood, I'd join this gym without hesitation. I just wish this gym were a few blocks from my home in California.

Reviewed 9 November 2012

The layout was awkward - and took a bit of figuring to get to the weight room and treadmills. Limited machines - but still OK.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

I had a great time working out here. They have an agreement with the Riverplace Hotel and offer great services. It's much nicer to have Riverplace Athletic Club as an option over a hotel workout room.

Reviewed 18 May 2010

This is a very nice family oriented Athletic club located on Portland's waterfront right next to the Harbor. 2 Courts of basketball games at lunch and after work have a crew of regulars ranging from young working professionals to guys in their 60s which keeps the level of play from getting too high. State of the art weight room, lap and waiting pools, spa, racquetball courts, saunas, steam rooms, electric beach, 2 different cardio rooms, studio, cafe, and daycare. Mostly geared towards families and people not looking for a meat market type of environment. The Harborside and Stanfords are within walking distance and the tram will quickly take you to OHSU or downtown. A perfect centrally located club to stop in at lunch or on the way to or from work. This place is definitely a little yuppy or upscale (not quite multnomah or the wac) but its nice and I've been going there with my Dad for about 20 years.

1  Thank fletchdoggydog