“Great place to stay”

Ranked #37 of 142 Hotels in Portland
La Grande, Oregon
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Just a very nice, solid place to stay. This is near the airport and right next to the Max Line, so it's convenient to downtown as well. Free parking is always a plus.

The rooms are all suites, so we had a king bed with a separate area with a kitchen, (stove, full refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, etc.) Small sofa and small table with two chairs.

The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was above average--this day it offered scrambled eggs, red potatoes, sausages, and turkey canadian bacon, egg and cheese muffins, as well as cook your own waffles, yogurts, fruits, breads, etc.

The fitness room was nice, with higher quality, newer equipment.

Customer service was great. It seemed every staff person we met had a smile and wanted to know if there was anything they could do. The pride of place was there.

The only caveat I would have is that occasionally--in the hallway--I would hear an airplane, never heard one in the room. If you're a terribly light sleeper, I suppose it could be a problem.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kath541

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 3 December 2012

This was my 3rd Portland Residence Inn and it was the best one so far. Its brand new, right by the airport and close to some restaurants and shopping. Although it is by the airport, its not as noisy as one would expect. Hotel also provides pretty good selection for breakfast and a meal with wine in the evening. You can walk over to Target which is right next door and there are tons of restaurants in the shopping area including a Starbucks. It has easy access to the airport and to the highway. I will be back for sure.

2 Thank AA75
Seattle
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I got a great rate and switched from the regular hotel I stay at. Great staff. Full kitchen in the room so I could eat the great dinner I brought with me and stayed in on a rainy night. Nice fitness room and had the place on my own at 4am. If I could get this rate all the time, I would stay here all the time. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Great friendly staff. Comfortable bed too.

Room Tip: Highest floor possible. Didn't hear planes and close to airport.
1 Thank BothellEnglandLover
Boise
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Good hotel. This is an excellent place to stay if you have shopping in mind. Not far is an IKEA, Best Buy and other good stores. Restaurants are close as well. You can take a tram or shuttle to the airport. The tram is located just outside the hotel and it can take you into downtown Portland without much hassle. Overall this hotel is really very convenient. The hotel is kid friendly and allows pets for a hefty fee. The kitchen is very helpful.

1 Thank E B
Chehalis, Washington
Reviewed 19 November 2012

When work required that I fly out of town on short notice and with an early a.m. flight to boot. I had two options.... so rather than driving weary and pie eyed down Interstate 5 in the middle of the night. I chose to drive down the evening before to try and find a nice hotel with short term airport parking close to PDX. BINGO ! I happened upon the Residence Inn by taking the Cascade Station exit off of Airport Parkway and coming around near Target and Subway. What a great Hotel ! The desk clerk didn't seem to mind the fact that I didn't have a reservation and was quite pleasant. After checking in, she ask me if I would be needing a wake up call and/or a shuttle to the airport (What great service !). The room was very spacious and comfortable and the bed was F A N T A S T I C ! The rotating TV stand was a neat idea. I was able to watch it while I was eating dinner and then after I went to bed as well. I was leaving too early to enjoy their complimentary breakfast but the coffee was hot and fresh. The shuttle driver wisked me off to the airport after a short 5 minute wait. Upon returning, a quick call from the airport and the shuttle was out front to pick me up in what seemed like 2 minutes ! Arriving back at the hotel the driver took me right to my car (It was pouring down rain) saving me from having to lug my bags across the parking lot ! My wife and I are going to be returning here for a stay over the holiday shopping season and looking forward to it. Save yourself some stress and stay at the Portland airport Residence Inn , You'll be glad you did.

Room Tip: I had a 1st. floor room facing Airport Parkway and it was very nice .
2 Thank LeeandKeely
Macomb, Michigan
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Stayed here to catch an early morning flight. Clean, contemporary lobby with a very pleasant front desk staff. I liked the layout of the room as it contained a kitchenette and full sized fridge. The bed was comfortable for a good night's sleep. Within walking distance to some shopping and food options but you will probably need to drive to get to some of the nicer dining choices. Requires some twists and turns to get on Airport Way but everything is well marked. My only complaint was that the hotel shuttle was not available for an hour the next morning, which would have forced me to take the 4:30am ride for a 7am flight. Shuttling that early defeated the purpose of staying close to the airport so I kept the rental car and drove myself the next morning.

Lancaster CA
Reviewed 13 November 2012

We spent 3 nights here, then moved to be closer to our daughter in SW Portland and were sorry we did - never found another place as nice at as good a price. (We were PriceLining it, did amazingly well but had to move around a lot in the 10 days we were in town.) I've stayed at a few other RI's, this one was definitely the freshest and classiest I've seen. It's great to walk across the parking lot and get on the Max light rail for a trip downtown ($5 for all-day access to rail and bus is a great deal for a tourist, especially as a hotel guest with free parking!) The bed was comfortable, the flat-screen TV was full-featured. Breakfast was great (they have me at waffles, but there were other good choices), the pool was nice, too lazy to hit the gym but it looked OK. We didn't hang around the lobby but on our way in and out it looked like people were socializing there quite a bit. They didn't bat an eye at our service dog. Shopping just down the road, no fine dining that we saw but normal chain restaurants in the shopping mall (we were more in the Subway mode this trip for health and calorie reasons, and it's right next door.) The only airport noise we noticed was F-15s taking off (Portland ANG) during our late-morning breakfasts - at another airport-area hotel the noise was much more noticeable. Hope to stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family