Residence Inn Portland Airport at Cascade Station
US$299
US$276
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewslight railtarget storestudio suiteportland airportfull kitchenbasketball courtmax stationmarriott brandliving areafire pitrental carindoor poolthe shuttle driveryogurtcomplimentary shuttlecomplimentary breakfastfree parking
Reviewed 17 February 2013

I'm a big fan of Marriott properties and stay at them often because of their excellent Rewards program. This one is at a great location, close to PDX but less than a 1 minute walk from the Trimet train into the city. We were there for an overnight lay over, so the location was great. The room and property were what one would expect from a Residence Inn, and would have ranked a 4 bubble rating, but I was a little disappointed in the service. We had made a reservation for 9 am to take the shuttle to the airport the night before. At 9 am, when we arrived for our ride to the airport, we were told the shuttle had gone to buy some newspapers and would be back in 5 minutes. Well, he was back in 15 minutes, not 5, and it rushed us more than we needed to be at PDX. We still caught our flight and they did apologize, I expect better than this from Marriott properties. Buying newspapers is not more important than a commitment to take a client to the airport at a set time.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank drfumblefinger
Reviewed 7 February 2013 via mobile

We spent last weekend at this hotel. We always love hotels with kitchens and separate rooms for the kids. Everyone here was friendly, the room was very clean, and even had a fireplace. It was near the airport, shopping, restaurants, and the interstate...so very convenient.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 7 February 2013 via mobile

This hotel is so confident next door to a Target and a subway and the Max is right outside the front door. This hotel is super quiet which I was not expecting from an airport location. I love the evening social and the saline pool. I would highly record this hotel

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Mdfle585
Reviewed 5 February 2013

I arrived on a friday afternoon. The receptionist looked at my profile and noted my preferences.
She informed me that she had the perfect room ready for me.
She was correct.
Excellent desk for computer work. DirecTV HD. Large bathroom with an excellent shower.
A wonderful bed with extra pillows.
The complimentary breakfast changes daily. The pool was warm. Excellent exercise room.
Also a self service laundry if you need it.
I definitely will return here next month.
20 times better than Spring Hill Suites at PDX.
Also the MAX train to Downtown PDX is right outside the door.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 January 2013

I have stayed in this hotel twice now and love it every time I do. Thanks to the great customer service we were able to stay in the same room, a one-bedroom suite with fireplace.
Our family of 3, 2 adults and a toddler, fit in this room comfortably. The setup of the room is perfect for being able to put your kid to sleep in the bedroom and stay up later in the living space and use the bathroom without disturbing the bedroom. The bedroom has plenty of space for a pack and play and all our stuff.
When traveling to Portland with a vehicle this is a great option, as there is ample parking for free. You can easily get on the MAX line right outside the front doors to get downtown or anywhere else the transportation lines will take you.
Hotel is clean, service is great, and price is reasonable for the space you get.

Room Tip: Talk to staff on the phone and let them know the type of room you would like. They will likely accommodate.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ChateauCC
Robert E, General Manager at Residence Inn Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words about my hotel, we look forward to seeing you on your next trip.

Robert Edwards