“Very nice updated 1 Bedroom Suite” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Portland Airport at Cascade Station

Residence Inn Portland Airport at Cascade Station
Ranked #40 of 138 Hotels in Portland
Eatonville, Washington
“Very nice updated 1 Bedroom Suite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Stayed one night but wished I could have stayed longer. Very nice updated and modern decor. I also enjoyed the layout - different from other Res. Inns. This one had the bathroom sink right off the living room with a separate door to the toilet and shower and yet another door to the bedroom vs. walking thru the bedroom to get to the bath. Very quiet location as I stayed on the top floor. Too bad the fireplace didn't work. The controls had no directions so had to call front desk, even though I tried to make it work They were going to send someone up but instead they called me with directions which I already figured out - so apparently it just wasn't coming on even though the monitor said it was on. So they could only tell me that they would fix it tomorrow but too late for me to enjoy.
No one had made sure there was ice in the freezer (automatic ice maker) before my arrival. Since there is no ice maker in the building for public use, I had to call the desk to bring us some ice, which they happily did.
The bed, pillows, lighting and furnishings were perfect and very comfortable.
Staff was very helpful and friendly. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor. Check the ice maker right away and ask for ice if there isn't any ice mad...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Myrna G, General Manager at Residence Inn Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Residence Inn Guest,
I wanted to thank you very much for staying at the Residence Inn Portland Airport and take a moment to respond to your comments. I was sorry to read that the fire place did not work and I promise that I will check in to that issue so that hopefully on you next return you will be able to enjoy it. However I was pleased to read that the rest of you stay was enjoyable and that my staff was able to assist you.
Again thank you for your comments and hope to see you again.

Myrna Green

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Nashua, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Yes, when you see as much brown as yellow in the scrambled eggs the cook burned them! No wonder folks opened the dish, looked in, closed it and went elsewhere. I saw this repeated over and over. I opted for a waffle, which I cooked.

The rooms appear new or newly remodeled and were very nice. Walk 200 feet and you are at the MAX light rail if public transportation is your thing. Subway next door, other chain restaurants a half mile walk.

I end up in Portland frequently and will probably stay again but will make my own arrangements for breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear Residence Inn Guest,
I wanted to first thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Portland Airport ,and also let you know that the issues with our breakfast have been addressed. I want to personally apologize, as breakfast is the best meal to start the day and not having quality food is unacceptable.
However I was glad to read that when you return to Portland that you would stay with us.
Again thank you for your comments and hope to see you soon.

Myrna Green
vancouver
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

On a 2 week road trip during which we stayed at several Residence Inns, this was our least favorite. The room was neat and comfortable enough though there were some areas missed by the housekeeping staff. It was sold out the night we stayed so perhaps that explains some of the areas we found lacking: the front desk attendant less than attentive and professional, the evening meal (hamburgers and salads) and morning breakfast were not keep stocked, guests kept returning or standing around waiting for items.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

I booked my hotel block at this hotel for guests that were coming into town because it's next to the airport and right on the max line. The hotel is fairly new and has some modern touches to it. Rhonda the sales manager is great and went above and beyond for me and my wedding party. I even had my bridal shower in their conference room. My only complain is that the walls are fairly thin and we received several complaints when we were on the fourth floor and ended up moving to the first floor where we had zero complaints for the remainder of our stay. But overall we had an enjoyable stay and would definitely return again. BTW the breakfast is really good :)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

This hotel was fantastic when we were looking for a convenient location close to PDX. It is one Max stop away (<5 min on the train) and they also provide a complimentary shuttle (<5 minutes) to airport. This is located next to a super target and is down the road from shopping, however I wild recommend if someone is in PDX for tourism, this would not be my first choice for ease of access to the city center (~30 minutes on the train). The room absolutely exceeded my expectations--nice kitchenette, rotating TV stand, and modern furniture. Staff was very friendly and the building was clean.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed close to airport for location but were pleasantly surprised that we could have our two dogs in such a nice place.

It is a newer hotel and is clean with amenities and the light rail is within walking distance as well as shopping.

• Stayed October 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Right by the airport with the light railway in the car park to take you downtown this hotel hit all the right notes. I arrived early in the morning so couldn't check in but the staff at reception were willing to put by bags away and said I could use all the hotel amenities before I checked in. My room was like a suite, beds were comfortable all in all a great stay.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo