“Basic Suite Accomodations”

Ranked #37 of 142 Hotels in Portland
New York, NY
“Basic Suite Accomodations”
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed with family for one night in a 2 Bedroom Unit. This is a moderate priced basic suite hotel. If you are used to staying in full service Marriott Properties you will be disappointed with the setup including low end toiletries, Bed Linens, Towels, Furniture etc. I am sitting in a vinyl Living Room Chair as I write this review that a previous guest had used as a note pad. Furniture is scratched and needs refurbishment. There is a small kitchenette are with 4 chairs and a table as well as a microwave and refrigerator Small Desk and I can hear the person on the next floor walking overhead. Small Philips LCD TV are in the rooms. Again if you are a full service hotel person I would stay away from this type of accomodation

Stayed January 2014
Myrna G, General Manager at Residence Inn Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Residence Inn Guest,
Thank you staying with us at the Residence Inn Portland Airport and I wanted to take just a moment to address your comments.
As you mentioned you are full service guest and I'm sorry that our Residence Inn did not meet your standards. I will personally look in to the furniture issue and make sure that it is corrected.
Again I want to apologies that your stay was not what you expected from a Marriott Property.
Thank you for your comments.
Sincerly,
Myrna Green

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

The room was great. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly, especially the breakfast attendant. I can't remember her name but we had breakfast there on Christmas morning. She was so friendly and an absolute delight. I had my 6 month old and had fed him cereal. She was kind enough to rinse off his bowl and spoon. We've been traveling for a week and have stayed in several hotels. The other breakfast attendants have been rude and pushy so that made yours stand out.

Stayed December 2013
Myrna G, General Manager at Residence Inn Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Residence Inn Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Residence Inn Portland Airport.
I was very pleased to read that your stay on Christmas and that breakfast was enjoyable. I really loved reading the part on how the breakfast attendant took care of you and your 6 month old child. We strive to offer 100% guest service.
I hope that when you return to the Portland area you will visit us again.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 27 December 2013

This hotel is extremely close to the airport, and very convenient to major highways if you have a rental car. And there is a station just steps away from the hotel for those wishing to take the train. With Target just next door, grabbing those last minute items or food/snacks to bring back to your room was so convenient.

The hotel staff was very nice and friendly, from check-in to check out. The hotel was very clean, and my room was wonderful! It was a suite with a kitchen, living/dining area, desk, and a separate bed area. TV was viewable from any place in the room (except the bathroom), and the channel selection was a nice perk. Kitchen has all the basic amenities, just add your own food. The daily breakfast was delicious - great selection and staff.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone, from those traveling alone like me, to families. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear Residence Inn Guest,
Hope that your enjoying your day and I wanted to take a moment and say thank you for the comments regarding your recent stay at the Residence Inn Portland Airport.
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff delivered great service.
We also like the location near Target and the other stores at Cascade Station.
Hope to see you in the near future and again thank you for your kind comments.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This is a convenient location near PDX with an outstanding room to include, full kitchen, living room, king bed, bathroom sink area and separate toilet and shower. It was well appointed, updated and gave a new and modern appeal. It is next door to Subway, Target, a new Wendys, and walkable to the Cascades area Ikea, Red Robbin and many other stores. Some businesses are close by also and they have a convenient shuttle service to and from the airport. The only reason it did not get excellent as it was a bit noisy. Children could be heard running up and down the hall- the next floor up and heavy foot traffic in the room above. If you are a light sleeper, you may want the top floor but value for the room was excellent on Priceline. It was just by chance they accepted my bid and well worth it.

Room Tip: Top floor to eliminate foot traffic above you. This is a consistent experience with Residence Inn...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Myrna G, General Manager at Residence Inn Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Hello Donald W,
I wanted to take a moment and say Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Portland Airport, and I was pleased to read thay you had an enjoyable stay.
I love the location of the hotel also as we are so convient to shopping, food and the airport.
We hope the next time you are in Portland that you will visit us again.
Again thank you,
Eatonville, Washington
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Stayed one night but wished I could have stayed longer. Very nice updated and modern decor. I also enjoyed the layout - different from other Res. Inns. This one had the bathroom sink right off the living room with a separate door to the toilet and shower and yet another door to the bedroom vs. walking thru the bedroom to get to the bath. Very quiet location as I stayed on the top floor. Too bad the fireplace didn't work. The controls had no directions so had to call front desk, even though I tried to make it work They were going to send someone up but instead they called me with directions which I already figured out - so apparently it just wasn't coming on even though the monitor said it was on. So they could only tell me that they would fix it tomorrow but too late for me to enjoy.
No one had made sure there was ice in the freezer (automatic ice maker) before my arrival. Since there is no ice maker in the building for public use, I had to call the desk to bring us some ice, which they happily did.
The bed, pillows, lighting and furnishings were perfect and very comfortable.
Staff was very helpful and friendly. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor. Check the ice maker right away and ask for ice if there isn't any ice mad...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Residence Inn Guest,
I wanted to thank you very much for staying at the Residence Inn Portland Airport and take a moment to respond to your comments. I was sorry to read that the fire place did not work and I promise that I will check in to that issue so that hopefully on you next return you will be able to enjoy it. However I was pleased to read that the rest of you stay was enjoyable and that my staff was able to assist you.
Again thank you for your comments and hope to see you again.

Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Yes, when you see as much brown as yellow in the scrambled eggs the cook burned them! No wonder folks opened the dish, looked in, closed it and went elsewhere. I saw this repeated over and over. I opted for a waffle, which I cooked.

The rooms appear new or newly remodeled and were very nice. Walk 200 feet and you are at the MAX light rail if public transportation is your thing. Subway next door, other chain restaurants a half mile walk.

I end up in Portland frequently and will probably stay again but will make my own arrangements for breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear Residence Inn Guest,
I wanted to first thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Portland Airport ,and also let you know that the issues with our breakfast have been addressed. I want to personally apologize, as breakfast is the best meal to start the day and not having quality food is unacceptable.
However I was glad to read that when you return to Portland that you would stay with us.
Again thank you for your comments and hope to see you soon.

vancouver
Reviewed 26 November 2013

On a 2 week road trip during which we stayed at several Residence Inns, this was our least favorite. The room was neat and comfortable enough though there were some areas missed by the housekeeping staff. It was sold out the night we stayed so perhaps that explains some of the areas we found lacking: the front desk attendant less than attentive and professional, the evening meal (hamburgers and salads) and morning breakfast were not keep stocked, guests kept returning or standing around waiting for items.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple