Residence Inn Portland Airport at Cascade Station
Ranked #40 of 138 Hotels in Portland
Walla Walla, Washington
“freezing!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

I have always enjoyed my stay there.
Front desk staff were friendly and professional.
The room was clean serviced properly.
My problem started the first night.
There was no heat. The fan would operate. but there was no warm air.
I complained the first evening. The night clerk said he would report the problem for engineering the next morning.
When I returned to the hotel that afternoon. The room was still cold.
They gave me extra blankets.
The second morning I went to the front desk before I went downtown and reported the continuing problem.
The front desk clerk said she would personally report the problem.
Third night the heater was not repaired. I received more blankets.
Fourth night no repairs were done.
I should have requested a new room, but I am not a complainer.
I do not think I will stay at this hotel anymore.
All of the staff were friendly and courteous.
The only problem was engineering.

Room Tip: Ask if the heater in room 103 has been repaired if you are assigned that room .
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank elliott99362
Myrna G, General Manager at Residence Inn Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Residence Inn Guest,
I wanted to take a moment and say thank you for staying with the Residence Inn Portland Airport and was sad to read that although the staff was great we did not meet your needs.
I would like to apologize for placing you in a freezing room and not taking care of you in a proper and timely manner.
I did double check and the heating issue in that room has been corrected. Please contact me personally as I would love to have you return to Portland and give us another chance.
Again my sincere apologies,
Myrna Green

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Got a good rate since booked 20 days in advance. Location is good - close to airport (free shuttle), couple of malls around with basic shopping and eating. Heated pool and small fitness center.

Nothing out of this world, nothing to complain either. Typical Marriott.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Myrna G, General Manager at Residence Inn Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Residence Inn Guest,
Thank you very much for taking time to comment on the Residence Inn Portland Airport.
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our location-close to the airport, shuttle and the pool.
I hope that the next time you are in Portland you will visit us again.
Again all comments make us a stronger and better hotel.
New York, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed with family for one night in a 2 Bedroom Unit. This is a moderate priced basic suite hotel. If you are used to staying in full service Marriott Properties you will be disappointed with the setup including low end toiletries, Bed Linens, Towels, Furniture etc. I am sitting in a vinyl Living Room Chair as I write this review that a previous guest had used as a note pad. Furniture is scratched and needs refurbishment. There is a small kitchenette are with 4 chairs and a table as well as a microwave and refrigerator Small Desk and I can hear the person on the next floor walking overhead. Small Philips LCD TV are in the rooms. Again if you are a full service hotel person I would stay away from this type of accomodation

Stayed January 2014
Myrna G, General Manager at Residence Inn Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Residence Inn Guest,
Thank you staying with us at the Residence Inn Portland Airport and I wanted to take just a moment to address your comments.
As you mentioned you are full service guest and I'm sorry that our Residence Inn did not meet your standards. I will personally look in to the furniture issue and make sure that it is corrected.
Again I want to apologies that your stay was not what you expected from a Marriott Property.
Thank you for your comments.
Sincerly,
Missoula, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

The room was great. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly, especially the breakfast attendant. I can't remember her name but we had breakfast there on Christmas morning. She was so friendly and an absolute delight. I had my 6 month old and had fed him cereal. She was kind enough to rinse off his bowl and spoon. We've been traveling for a week and have stayed in several hotels. The other breakfast attendants have been rude and pushy so that made yours stand out.

Stayed December 2013
Myrna G, General Manager at Residence Inn Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Residence Inn Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Residence Inn Portland Airport.
I was very pleased to read that your stay on Christmas and that breakfast was enjoyable. I really loved reading the part on how the breakfast attendant took care of you and your 6 month old child. We strive to offer 100% guest service.
I hope that when you return to the Portland area you will visit us again.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

This hotel is extremely close to the airport, and very convenient to major highways if you have a rental car. And there is a station just steps away from the hotel for those wishing to take the train. With Target just next door, grabbing those last minute items or food/snacks to bring back to your room was so convenient.

The hotel staff was very nice and friendly, from check-in to check out. The hotel was very clean, and my room was wonderful! It was a suite with a kitchen, living/dining area, desk, and a separate bed area. TV was viewable from any place in the room (except the bathroom), and the channel selection was a nice perk. Kitchen has all the basic amenities, just add your own food. The daily breakfast was delicious - great selection and staff.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone, from those traveling alone like me, to families. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear Residence Inn Guest,
Hope that your enjoying your day and I wanted to take a moment and say thank you for the comments regarding your recent stay at the Residence Inn Portland Airport.
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff delivered great service.
We also like the location near Target and the other stores at Cascade Station.
Hope to see you in the near future and again thank you for your kind comments.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

This is a convenient location near PDX with an outstanding room to include, full kitchen, living room, king bed, bathroom sink area and separate toilet and shower. It was well appointed, updated and gave a new and modern appeal. It is next door to Subway, Target, a new Wendys, and walkable to the Cascades area Ikea, Red Robbin and many other stores. Some businesses are close by also and they have a convenient shuttle service to and from the airport. The only reason it did not get excellent as it was a bit noisy. Children could be heard running up and down the hall- the next floor up and heavy foot traffic in the room above. If you are a light sleeper, you may want the top floor but value for the room was excellent on Priceline. It was just by chance they accepted my bid and well worth it.

Room Tip: Top floor to eliminate foot traffic above you. This is a consistent experience with Residence Inn...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Myrna G, General Manager at Residence Inn Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Hello Donald W,
I wanted to take a moment and say Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Portland Airport, and I was pleased to read thay you had an enjoyable stay.
I love the location of the hotel also as we are so convient to shopping, food and the airport.
We hope the next time you are in Portland that you will visit us again.
Again thank you,
Eatonville, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Stayed one night but wished I could have stayed longer. Very nice updated and modern decor. I also enjoyed the layout - different from other Res. Inns. This one had the bathroom sink right off the living room with a separate door to the toilet and shower and yet another door to the bedroom vs. walking thru the bedroom to get to the bath. Very quiet location as I stayed on the top floor. Too bad the fireplace didn't work. The controls had no directions so had to call front desk, even though I tried to make it work They were going to send someone up but instead they called me with directions which I already figured out - so apparently it just wasn't coming on even though the monitor said it was on. So they could only tell me that they would fix it tomorrow but too late for me to enjoy.
No one had made sure there was ice in the freezer (automatic ice maker) before my arrival. Since there is no ice maker in the building for public use, I had to call the desk to bring us some ice, which they happily did.
The bed, pillows, lighting and furnishings were perfect and very comfortable.
Staff was very helpful and friendly. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor. Check the ice maker right away and ask for ice if there isn't any ice mad...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Residence Inn Guest,
I wanted to thank you very much for staying at the Residence Inn Portland Airport and take a moment to respond to your comments. I was sorry to read that the fire place did not work and I promise that I will check in to that issue so that hopefully on you next return you will be able to enjoy it. However I was pleased to read that the rest of you stay was enjoyable and that my staff was able to assist you.
Again thank you for your comments and hope to see you again.