“Great Hotel, Near the Airport and the Freeway”

Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station
Ranked #31 of 144 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 August 2012

A few years ago, a friend of mine stayed in a Hyatt Place in my hometown and when I went to visit her in her room, I was impressed by how nice it was. I spent quite a bit of time looking for a hotel for my trip to Portland because I needed something that was in a good location and was affordable. When the Hyatt Place property came up on my search list, I was extremely happy. I was also able to use my AAA membership for 10% off my stay and that was a nice incentive. I was not at all disappointed after checking into my room in Portland. The rooms are very spacious with a sitting area in addition to the sleeping/bed area. The rooms each have a mini fridge and a microwave that make it helpful if you've got leftovers after a nice dinner out. The set up of the bathroom area was kind of wonky, but the amenities were great. The opening to our closet was very small, but had we chosen to use it, it would have worked just fine. The service at the hotel was wonderful. Everyone was very cheerful... even the front desk person who checked us in at 12:30 in the morning! My only disappointment was that the hotel is a little further from downtown Portland than I realized. However, it's right off the freeway, so getting anywhere quickly is very easy. That is, if you don't have to account for their 50 mph speed limits!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station

Reviewed 12 August 2012

Staying at the Hyatt Place is not like a box of chocolates...you ALWAYS know what you are going to get. The Hyatt Place Portland Airport was no exception. I have stayed at Hyatt Places in Denver, Salt Lake City, Seattle, South Bend, Atlanta and now Portland. Each stay has been perfect and predictable. I like that.

First, the check-in process is always the same for me. I always get treated well even though I am not some elite member. The layout of the hotels is always somewhat similar as well, which means there isn't much guess work trying to find your room.

My favorite part...the rooms. The rooms are always the same. They have the same smell, beds, couches, desk area, bathrooms...I love it. The beds are super comfortable and the bathroom areas are nice as well. The thing I love most about Hyatt Places is the room setup. In my view, there are three separate areas of the rooms -- living area, bed area and bathroom. The rooms are very spacious and you don't feel cramped. The shower heads are amazing as well.

Breakfast is always good as well, and check-out is easy. One unique thing about the Portland location is that it is near the airport and you can watch the planes approach from your room, depending on room location. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Depending on what you like, ask a room either on the runway side of the hotel so that you can watch...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I stayed here recently, and was very impressed. The hotel is right off the airport access road. Super convenient and easy to get to. Almost no airplane noise that I could hear and it was in a nice office complex to boot. The rooms are the new Hyatt Place rooms. Comfortable modern rooms, with nice ammenties and layouts. Breakfast was nice and upscale as well. It was included in the room charge.
Staff was very pleasant and very helpful. I found them to be very engaging and responsive to my needs. I would stay here again for all the easy it brought to my trip.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights and it was the best! There are lots of stores, shops and restaurants nearby. They are all really nice as well. There is free parking and an excellent free breakfast every morning! Airplanes do fly by the windows but you can barely here them (they didn't wake and of us up at night) and it's actually very interesting to see them that close. We wouldn't stay anywhere else while we are in Portland!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Well, you don't come here because it is a hip hotel or for the atmosphere.

This said, the Hyatt Place is a very good quality hotel located close the the Portland Intl Airport in a quiet and convenient area.

The Hyatt Place standard room is very large with a living area with a kitchen bar featuring a small fridge, microwave and a sink. It also have very nice working desk complemented by a good free internet connection.

The hotel has a small bar area and serves a limited selection of made to order snacks. The Hyatt is located in Cascade Station which has a few restaurants and some shopping within close walking distance. Shopping includes Marshall's, DSW and Target.

You can also walk to the tram and get downtown very easily. Very convenient free parking.

Overall, a very good stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We booked here on Hyatt points but based on what we would have paid, I think it was an excellent value. Free parking, easy access to the airport and expressway. There was a Target, Starbucks, several restaurants nearby. Free coffee all day, free breakfast. Rooms are large and comfortable, nice to have a couch and a desk as my husband had to work while we were there. The staff was great and very helpful with everything. We did have a bit of trouble trying to get the maids to service our room but gave them the benefit of the doubt as we had originally only planned to stay for a day but extended to two, so they were a bit confused.

Tip for runners/walkers - there is an excellent exercise path only about a half mile away on the river by the airport.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Stayed here for 1 night on our family road trip. Portland can be expensive and sketchy at times. This was a top rate hotel for a reasonable price. Thanks for the great stay. We will be back! Special thanks to Issac at the front desk for his professional and attentive service.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family