“Clean and modern suite”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Elyria, Ohio
“Clean and modern suite”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Nice open room layout with a handy fridge. The bed was very comfy and the staff was very pleasant. There is a 24/7 menu in the room, and though I didn't order food upon my late arrival, I was happy to know it was available. The Van to and from the airport was very reliable. I had a most enjoyable time at this property.

Room Tip: Ice is available on floors 2 and 4 (I happened to be on the 3rd)
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Timothy D, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Hello robnshare and thank you for taking the time to share your experience about Hyatt Place Portland on TripAdvisor!

Our 24-hour Cafe' menu is full of a variety of tasty options and I know that you won't be disappointed if you have a chance to sample next time. I am thrilled to see that your stay, albeit short, was still enjoyable and look forward to your next visit!

timothy.donnell@hyatt.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
california
Reviewed 3 September 2013

we booked through Expedia. I called to confirm my reservations and remind them I would arrive at 12:30am. I was told it would be no problem to let them know when we arrived at the airport which i did. When I called I was told they did not have a room for me and they were sending me to a different hotel. at this point it was 1am and we were tired and a little disappointed so i just went to the other hotel. which the hyatt paid for, the other hotel was great and very accommodating we were giving sandwiches and water bottles upon arrival. so from now on I will be staying with the other hotel. oh and I did prepay for my room 3 months in advance

Room Tip: don't stay here
Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank 2scrams
Dear 2scrams:

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced in being relocated and assure you that, due to these unavoidable circumstances, we issued an immediate refund of the money that you had paid. While I am very happy to know that the hotel you were moved to took wonderful care of you, I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if you would like to discuss your experience.

Eagle, Idaho, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Except for some noisy neighbors, I had a great stay. The airport traffic can be troublesome starting at around 6:00 AM, but all the hotels in Cascade Station are subjected to the noise of airplanes taking off in the early morning. I will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
Jim M:
I appreciate your review of Hyatt Place Portland and I want to apologize for any discomfort you experienced due to noise. We do have quadruple-paned windows in addition to standard insulation between guest rooms. While these can minimize a bulk of noise, unfortunately, there are exceptions on occasion. Our desk team is always ready to respond to reports of "noisy neighbors" to ensure that your stay is as comfortable as possible.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to be of service to you again in the future!

Oakland, California
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Large room with screen between beds & sitting area. Although the queen sized beds were a bit high off ground, they were very comfortable after a day of traveling. Even though the hotel was crowded on Labor Day weekend, staff was very attentive so you didn't notice. The free breakfast was good & complete, not just a muffin & coffee like many places.

• Stayed September 2013
Hello KarinH5 and thank you for rating Hyatt Place Portland on TripAdvisor!

Our complimentary breakast is one of our proudest features here and I am glad to see you enjoyed it. I will share your comments with my breakast team! Additionally, you might find that our wheelchair accessible rooms are a comfortable fit for you as the beds are lower to the floor. We look forward to your next visit!

Seaside, Oregon
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I titled this review a "Must Share"....sometimes in life, I'm not sure if I really want to share my found treasures. (It's such a selfish thing, I know.) But, in this case, I have been wanting to share this wonderful discovery!

Hyatt Place Portland/Cascade Station has made our travelling so much easier and relaxing!
My husband and I like to catch early flights out of Portland and Hyatt Place makes this possible to do as we use their airport shuttle ( always clean, comfortable and on time with very professional drivers) which drops us off by our airline's desk. (We live two hours away from Portland.)

I've lost count of the number of times we have used Hyatt Place but I have not forgotten that each time we have stayed there, the staff has been so very pleasant, helpful and most importantly - welcoming!
The rooms have always been spotless and the beds are incredibly comfortable! And the pillows...always fresh and perfectly plush!

In the past, we used the "Park and Fly" package, but that is not available anymore.
Now, we will simply use the economy parking at the airport and make our way to the "Shuttle Island" at the airport and call for the hotel shuttle. Just a little extra step, but knowing that the Hyatt Place Portland/Cascade Station has an entire staff with exceptional attitudes; a clean, comfortable room and a dependable ride to the airport - all of this makes us continue to choose Hyatt Place our choice in our travels.

Another added bonus to staying at this location, they have food and drink (alcohol and non-alcohol) choices in their lobby and the hotel is next door to Buffalo Wild Wings and an IHOP.

Well, as I mentioned before, I almost didn't want to share this treasure but, everyone who works at this hotel deserves to be acknowledged for their professionalism! And, I am hoping that others have equally wonderful experiences by using this hotel!
Thank you Hyatt Place for everything!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cissie P
Dear Cissie P:

Thank you for taking the time to compose such a lovely review of Hyatt Place Portland! I am beyond thrilled to see that your experiences here are consistently positive and I will post your comments for my team to read! I hope to meet you on your next visit to Portland; please stop by and say hello!

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We had 2 nites stay at the Hyatt Place Portland in mid Aug. 2013, our first experience with this sector of the Hyatt Chain. It was indeed a pleasant stay as overall the hotel keep the quality standard of the Chain, room is clean and tidy ; the staff is efficient and helpful . Food varieties and quality for breakfast is good. Would definitely rebook for our next visit.

Room Tip: Higher floors provide better view
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
EYM L:
Thank you for rating Hyatt Place Portland on TripAdvisor! I am so excited that your first Hyatt Place experience was at our property and hope to see you again on your next visit to the area.

New Jersey
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Another great stay at the Hyatt Place. The beds made for a great night sleep, and the shower had great water pressure! Check in was quick and easy and all of the staff were pleasant and helpful.

We had the pool and hot tub to ourselves, they were both perfect temperature and the pool was a great size for a hotel indoor pool.

Breakfast is included at HP and they had a lot of options and variety. We only stayed 1 night so I cannot compare day to day if they change it up but we were offered omelets, meat, pancakes, assortment of bread, fruit and cereals. The breakfast was well stocked and the area was extremely clean and well-kept.

The airport location is extremely convenient for quick access to airport and 205 and only a mile from I-5 but it was about a 15-20 minute drive from downtown. The area does not have much going on for restaurants besides a few chains (IHOP, Buffalo Wild Winds) and if you want to experience Portland you will need to get in the car and drive. it is close to a MAX station but we did not use the public transportation system so I cannot comment on the schedule or convenience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Ryan H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Hello and thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor! It's exciting to hear when guests get to enjoy all that the Hyatt Place has to offer and it seems that you did just that. We are fortunate to be located this close to the airport without having the typical "airport hotel" setting. Cascade Station, which offers over 45 stores and restaurants in a park-like setting, is definitely atypical of a hotel located within one mile of an airport. I also recommend taking the MAX light rail to Downtown Portland as Portland has so many wonderful things to offer. Again, thank you so much and we'll see you the next time you're in town!