“Spacious rooms, good breakfast”

Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station
Ranked #30 of 143 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Happy Valley, Oregon
“Spacious rooms, good breakfast”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Yes, this is next to the airport, and yes, occasionally you hear the jets during take-offs. But even with that in mind, this is a terrific hotel for the value. The suites are generously spaced, the layout for work- or relaxation-friendly. Breakfast includes hot food as well as the usual continental fare. Food is available 24/7 from a limited menu in the room, and there is a small bar on the main lobby. There are restaurants within walking distance, along with shopping, and light rail from the airport into the city is close-by. Parking is free. A nice place to park for a couple of days. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the street side may be quieter.
Green Features: I don't mind keeping our towels - but only if they're larger than postage stamps! Recycling bins are offered in the rooms.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Ryan H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor! I am glad that you were able to enjoy some of the amenities that Hyatt Place has to offer. Prior to the hotel opening, we installed quadruple-pane windows in the guestrooms to limit some of the air traffic noise and I apologize if this was still not enough. Thank you again and we would love to see you on your next trip to Portland!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Salem
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I have stayed at this hotel before, and it is very clean and comfortable. I live in Oregon, but last night 9/28, I was coming home from a trip to TX late and had a reservation to spend the night at the Hyatt, to make things easier. The airport lost my luggage, so I gave them the hotel address as an alternate in case it showed up fairly soon, as the hotel is very close to the airport and my home is not. The airline told me to be sure to check at the front desk in the morning as it was quite possible my case could arrive in the middle of the night, which it did. Whichever gentleman was working the desk when it came in decided it would be a good idea to call me at 2:30 A.M.--yes that is 2:30 in the morning--to advise me my case had arrived. Now, I could understand if I had been calling hourly to ask if it had come, which I hadn't, but since this is a hotel for which I had a reservation for the night, exactly what did he think I would be needing at that moment from my case that couldn't have waited till say, 6:00 in the morning??? I was so angry, I never went back to sleep and I was sleep deprived and dealing with a time zone change to begin with. To make it worse, when I went to retrieve the case in the morning and told the front desk what had happened, all I got was an apology and the promise to talk to the guy. REALLY? Not even a 10% discount on the room??? I shouldn't have had to pay anything!! As lovely as this hotel is, and as much as I enjoyed my FIRST visit, I doubt I will be coming back or recommending this hotel to anyone I know. You can draw your own conclusions as to staying there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Thank you so much for reviewing us on TripAdvisor! I truly do apologize for the inconvenience you had experienced during your stay. As an airport hotel, from time to time, we do receive guests' lost luggage and often times the guest would like to be notified immediately upon its arrival. I understand that this was not the case for you and I apologize that our staff disrupted your sleep. This has been addressed with the staff member and our policy on this matter will vary upon the situation as stated by the guest. Again, I apologize that your stay was anything less than satisfying and we hope that you give us another opportunity. Thank you
Swansea, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 September 2013

One of the best features of this hotel is its staff. They are all so very helpful. Ask them for directions and they will help you and provide you with internet help and or pictures. The hotel has great parking immediately behind the hotel. The breakfast was more than satisfying with a good selection of food to choose from. Within walking distance is a large variety of shopping that should satisfy finding some thing you may have left at home. The one feature that some will like and others may not is its location as it relates to downtown. Its about 9 miles I would say from downtown and very close to the airport. We stayed three nights and never heard a single plain. They do have a shuttle to the airport. I would like to thank John (employee) for all the help he provided me with points of interest in Oregon (lighthouse locations).

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello and thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor! Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff and amenities. Hyatt's mission is to "provide authentic hospitality" and we pride ourselves on accomplishing that mission. I will be sure to let Jon know that he aided in your stay being an enjoyable one. Thanks again and we'll see you next time!
Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed 27 September 2013

This is a great hotel in the Cascade Station shopping area, right next to the airport. We've stayed at the neighboring Aloft before, but were very unhappy with the hard beds, so we decided to try Hyatt Place (we've stayed at the downtown Seattle location and loved it). We couldn't have been more pleased with this hotel. Friendly welcome at the front desk, huge rooms with a sectional couch, comfy beds, empty mini-refrigerator for personal use, free wi-fi, great vanity area, large/new swiveling flat screen TV with easily accessible audio/visual inputs for music, movies, etc. Large sliding glass shower with room for two (love that the shower is not a shower/tub combination -- not needed... who ever uses a hotel tub unless you're in a five star hotel and it's separate from the shower?).

If you need a hotel close to the airport, this is a great choice. Thanks for another great stay at your lovely chain!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Ryan H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Hello and thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor! I am so happy to hear that the Hyatt Place model perfectly suits your needs. A lot of thought went into discovering what the typical traveler requires for overnight accomodations and I am glad that Hyatt did it right, and you, the traveler, are able to enjoy all that Hyatt Place has to offer. Thanks again and we'll see you next time!
EAGLE POINT
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I came to Portland to visit with my 4 year old grandson. Your hotel staff was so welcoming and even offer to let my grandson swim with us in your pool. We only there for one day, but the Room was conforable with a setting living room. When my son and grandson came to visit us at the hotel the area was just perfect space to entertain them. The breakfast was good and just enough selections. Close locations for us go to dinner. Nice shopping area and restaurants to choose from. Easy asset to the freeway to downtown Portland.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for reviewing us on Tripadvisor! I am so glad that your grandson was able to enjoy our indoor pool & spa as well as our complimentary breakfast. We look forward to seeing you (and your grandson) during your next trip to Portland. Thanks again!
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I stayed in this hotel for an extended business trip and sound the place very nice. There is a moderately nice pool and hot tub inside. The breakfast was good and plentiful. The room was huge and had everything I needed. There are plenty of placed to eat and shop very close including a Target.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Timothy D, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
KatherineG2002,

Hello and thank you for your wonderful review! We appreciate your choosing us for your extended business trip and hope to see you again on your next visit.

Thank you, again, for rating Hyatt Place Portland on TripAdvisor!

Best Regards,

Tim Donnell
Assistant General Manager
Hyatt Place Portland Airport/Cascade Station
timothy.donnell@hyatt.com
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 September 2013

It has a great location next to the airport. The person had the front desk was able to arrange a late night meal for us. It was a pretty good vegetarian pizza considering the time we checked in (1 am). They dont have room service. You have to pick up the meals from the front desk. We all slept well. The next morning the breakfast buffett was average. The coffee was very weak and stale. They need to improve on their coffee

Room Tip: any room is good
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Hello sangoy, and thank you for your feedback about Hyatt Place Portland on TripAdvisor!

Being an airport property, we definitely understand the need for 24-hour food for our guests that arrive late. I am happy that you found value in this service!

Please keep us in mind for your next trip to Portland!

Best Regards,