“Best hotel I've ever stayed in.”

Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station
Ranked #27 of 141 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bend, Oregon
“Best hotel I've ever stayed in.”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

My family an I have stayed at the Hyatt Place in Portland a few times. Every stay has been perfect. We have absolutely no complaints. The hotel is very clean. The staff is very nice and hospitable. The continental breakfast is great. This is the only hotel we'll stay in when visiting Portland.

• Stayed March 2014
Ryan H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you so much for reviewing us on TripAdvisor! I am so happy to hear that your multiple stays with us have been "perfect." That beautiful Portland weather is right around the corner and we look forward to seeing you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Arizona
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This hotel has all of the things that I seek being a frequent traveler. Location is the best, close spots to eat very near by. Well insulated walls for a peaceful nights sleep. Plenty of space in the suite so you don't feel cramped. Extra friendly staff & awesome breakfast to start the day off on the right foot. I have a few stays booked moths in advance.....See you guys again soon.

1 Thank MS3rd
Timothy D, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Malachi S,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at Hyatt Place Portland on TripAdvisor! It is always such a compliment when we see regular faces in our lobby and read such positive comments. We look forward to your next visit with us and hopefully I will have an opportunity to say, hello!

Thank you for rating Hyatt Place Portland on TripAdvisor!

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Had a fantastic stay here for a weekend. Pretty close to Downtown Portland in terms of driving distance. The room was very spacious and nice. I would highly recommend and will be visiting again if I am in Portland.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Timothy D, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Hello K_Chan90:

Thank you for taking time to review Hyatt Place Portland on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that your stay was fantastic and I look forward to having you back next time.

Have a great week!

Timothy Donnell
Fort Lewis, Washington, United States
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We recently stayed at the Hyatt Cascades airport location. This was just a quick weekend get away from Washington for my son’s school competition. The staff at this Hyatt blew me away, they all had amazing customer service and they were so friendly, but Rachel was outstanding at her job, she was very welcoming, well informed and she made our visit feel like a vacation. I think Rachel could teach a course on amazing customer service. Other high lights were your hotel is dog friendly, you had a great expanded breakfast, 24 hour food/beverage, the indoor pool was warm and the room sizes were a great size all while being close to shopping, dining, the airport. We will be returning!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Timothy D, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Melissa B:

Wow! Thank you so much for your outstanding review of Hyatt Place Portland! I will definitely share your kind words with Rachel and make sure she is recognized for her service. In addition, one of the first comments I usually hear from guests is that they enjoy our hot skillet breakfast so I am thrilled that you are among them! It is very flattering to hear that you will be back and we look forward to your next visit!

Pearl City, Hawaii
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This is our third stay at the Hyatt Place. Our return stay speaks to our positive experiences in the past. Can't beat this location; its 3 minutes from the airport. Parking is abundant and free. Cascades Station directly across the hotel (lots of shopping). Easy access to the interstate. Lobby and food service area is clean and attractive. Two computers/printer available for guest use in the lobby. Breakfast buffet included with your stay. Nice food options - hot entrees too. Room is clean. Mini refrigerator, coffee maker, safe, flat screen TV, alarm clock, and iron/board in the room. I like the spacious room with a sitting area separate from the 2 full size beds. Used the exercise equipment once - really appreciated that the equipment even had ear buds to listen to music or watch TV while you exercise. Indoor pool is also available. My only disappointment is the unsupervised children and teens running in the hallways during the night = making sleep somewhat disruptive - I did not see any presence of security. Overall, its a very good hotel to stay.

Room Tip: Convenient rooms near elevator; rooms facing Cascade Parkway offers interesting view of shopping are...
1 Thank HawaiiAndi
HawaiiAndi,
Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Place Portland on TripAdvisor! It is great to hear of return customers and I am pleased that your stay was so enjoyable! I do apologize about the disruptions you experienced due to noise from other guests. We seldom hear of instances where teens/children are unattended and, when we do, we absolutely do address it. Please feel free to contact the front desk if we may be of any assistance on your next visit.

Thanks again!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Travelers worst nightmare...long flight with hungry, tired children and the hotel tell you that "due to a computer glitch" your room was given away and there is no other availability despite having a confirmation number and the fact that we had paid for the room several months ago. I have stayed at this particular location on multiple occasions and other Hyatt Place hotels and have always been very satisfied up til now. The staff was at a loss for words..what could they say.. She offered to put us up at the "Shilo Inn"..which I refused..not even close to the same standard.. Courtyard by Marriot was full...Marriott Fairfield Inn had availability..She gave me a form that had been signed by the Hyatt Place Manager authorizing our stay at the Fairfield.. The fact that they had such a form that already had their managers name on it tells me that they must frequently need to use it. Anyway, get down to the Fairfield Inn and the guy tells me that Hyatt place should have explained to us that the only room he had had 2 double beds in it.. No they did not explain that. We loaded up and ended up driving about an hour towards home and found a decent Best Western to sleep in that I ended up paying for.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Famoffourtraveler
Timothy D, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Famoffourtraveler:
I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced on your recent trip to Portland. I certainly understand how this was a burden after a long day of traveling. I investigated why we would need to relocate a guest during the weekend and found that we had a room unexpectedly put out of order from Saturday through this morning. I am not sure why you were told a "computer glitch" caused this as our computer system does not delete reservations like that. I do apologize for the incorrect information that was provided upon your arrival and will address this with my team members that were working the desk on Saturday.

Unfortunately, it is true that we were sold out on Saturday and, due to the out of order room, did not have the king bed room you booked available. I am sorry to hear that the accommodations we arranged to pay for were not satisfactory; because this was an unforseen circumstance, we tried to find a hotel as close as possible to minimize your inconvenience. I do want to reassure you that we have contacted Expedia to refund your original reservation and you will not be charged.

Kaneohe, Hawaii
Reviewed 16 February 2014

All I can say is "excellent service" and very friendly staff. I love this place! It's close to the MAX, shops and eateries and just minutes away from the airport. Another good thing...you can get something to eat at any time!

Hello alohajuniors,
It is always such a treat when guests comment on our service and the friendliness of our staff. I believe that these are the core of hospitality and it is very flattering to receive your kind comments; I will surely share them with my team!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about Hyatt Place Portland on TripAdvisor!