“An all around positive experience.”

Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station
Ranked #27 of 141 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
British Columbia, Canada
“An all around positive experience.”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights last weekend while in PDX for shopping and concert going. Great location. MAX line is a short walk away - which takes you pretty much anywhere you want to go in the city. Restaurants and shopping are across the street and around the hotel. As requested, our room was on the 4th floor in the rear of the hotel facing the back parking lot. Room was very large. Planes do fly right over the south side of the property as they approach the south PDX runway...but we thought it was cool to see the planes coming in so low, right over our heads!

As some other reviewers have mentioned, the continental breakfast does change from day to day, which can be dissappointing - one day you've got scrambled eggs, sausage & pancakes...and the next day you're looking at some mediocre breakfast sandwich. The 24/7 order up room service, which you have to pickup in the lobby, was pretty good.

Overall, very pleased with the property and service. Would definitely consider staying here again on our next trip to PDX.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Suisse19
Ryan H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. We have found that families, especially ones with young children, really do enjoy watching the planes fly overhead without disrupting their sleep by use of our quadruple-paned windows. Hopefully you were able to see the fighters jets too, the kids really love those (me too).
On weekends we do offer the "Hyatt High Velocity Breakfast" due to our increased family occupancy. We do this to ensure that all guests can visit the guest kitchen efficiently without having to wait too long to receive their food. Monday through Friday we offer the "Hyatt Skillet Breakfast" which does consist of a variety of freshly made breakfast sandwiches. Please visit our website to learn more about our food offerings.
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Portland!

Ryan Halbach
ryan.halbach@hyatt.com
503.288.2808

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

As a platinum Hyatt member, I was disappointed that they only had one product in PDX, but I'm never disappointed with hyatt place in general. This is the prototypical HP with large rooms. I had a top floor room as requested. The only reason for only 4 stars was the breakfast service on Saturday was FAR inferior to that on Friday. I maybe could have understood had I been paying a cheaper weekend rate (which was not the case at all)

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Morgan P, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you so much for your review of Hyatt Place Portland Airport at Cascade Station. We appreciate your Hyatt loyatly and want to thank you for your feedback regarding our weekend breakfast. We hope to see you in Portland this summer!

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

What's great about Hyatt Place hotels is that they're all basically the same product, so you know what to expect. This hotel is beginning to show a little wear, but that's expected of an airport hotel. The staff is generally quite professional and on top of things, and I've always had concerns addressed promptly. The location is ideal for dining (chain restaurants) and a little shopping, and it's quite near the MAX train, as well. Downtown Portland is a short drive away, and there's several excellent eateries in nearby NE Portland if you want something with a more local flavor. Overall, this hotel is a great choice if you need/want to stay near the airport or N/NE Portland.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Thank you so much for taqking the time to review Hyatt Place Portland Airport at Cascade Station on TripAdvisor. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you next time you are in town!

Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I've stayed at the Hyatt Place Cascade Station (Portland, OR) outside of PDX a number of times and it is always very solid. My wife and I stay at this property before flying out of Portland. The location is impeccable, the breakfast is solid, the hotel is clean and comfortable and the staff is welcoming and friendly.

The property is within walking distance to the Economy lots, so if you need to park a car there, you can easily walk back to the hotel. The free shuttle operates at all times as long as you schedule it.

We booked the night using 8,000 Hyatt points which is a value as the hotel is a bit spendy if you pay cash.

Overall, this property is one of the better Hyatt Place properties out there and my favorite in the Portland Airport (PDX) area. Read my full review here: http://www.dovertime.com/blog/2014/6/16/hotel-review-hyatt-place-cascade-station-portland-or

Room Tip: Choose a room on a lower level to avoid airplane noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you, Dovertime, for taking the time to review Hyatt Place Portland Airport on TripAdvisor and your blog. I enjoyed reading both! I am so glad you have enjoyed your many stays with us and we appreciate your loyalty. I wanted to let you know in the future we are able to take overnight, long term parking guests. Our park and fly is $5 per night & our shuttle with take you to and from PDX. I hope you are able to take advantage of this in the future and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in Portland!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is a typical Hyatt Place property in a superb location: very close to the Cascade Station mall, the Portland airport and the interstate on-ramps. It's just a 15-minute drive to downtown Portland and if your flight leaving PDX is an early one, the whole process of driving to the rental car return, returning the car, walking to the check-in counter and making it through TSA takes no longer than 30 minutes. Very convenient.
The rooms are the prototypical Hyatt Place room. However, the closets have at least their usable space tucked behind the wall at the end of the vanity, making only half the closet available easily. That's OK for a solo business traveler but very difficult for a couple or family. Luckily, there are plenty of horizontal surfaces in the rooms where clothing can be stacked but then you lose the benefit of the Hyatt Place room design: plenty of places to sit and relax. Another gripe I had with this property was the maintenance of the shower. The bottom grout line was gray/black from soap scum ± mildew. Yuck! I often wonder whether management tours the rooms regularly to check for this type of maintenance issue or whether reporting this type of thing devolves upon the busy housekeeping staff. To my mind, that's a management responsibility that if carried out regularly could forestal the yuck factor when faced with drains not working properly, discolored grout and other easily remedied maintenance issues. Walls between rooms are not well insulated. We were unfortunate enough to sure a common wall with someone who had left his/her mobile phone in the room and was trying to be contacted repeatedly at 5am. That phone chirped intermittently for an hour putting paid to any chance we had to enjoy a restful night. We also had what sounded like practicing Flamenco dancers above us, however, the absence of castanets made us realize it was only family members enjoying themselves.
Overall, we were happy with the property apart from those issues.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank allidoistravel
Ryan H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you so much for your review on TripAdvisor and I sincerely apologize that your stay was anything less than perfect. Management does frequently inspect the rooms to assure that we are the number one choice for travelers seeking accommodations in the Portland Airport area. This issue has been addressed with my housekeeping team to hopefully alleviate any future concerns. Again, I truly do apologize and I hope that we are given another opportunity to serve you. Thank you
Tokyo
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I stayed with my husband and my mom as a basecamp for sightseeing around Portland.
It is locted only 5 minutes from the airport and very convenient to access to downtown Portland.
We chose two Queen bed and it was comfortable enough for my husband and myself to sleep on one bed. The room is roomy and spacious enough to relax and place your luggages because all roomes are suites.
The bath room is small, but considering the price, it is acceptable. Good point is that the wash basin was separated from the bathroom (located next to the bathroom but outside) with large space to put your things (cosmetics kits, etc.), so it was convenient.

If you do have lots of things not only in downtown but around the vicinity, too (winery tour, coast drive, mountain hike, etc.), and do not spend much time inside the hotel, it is wise to stay at this kind of hotel.
Lastly, probably because it was because of Oregon, the free breakfast was very delicious (I stayed at another two Hyat Place but they were not that good)!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
I am so glad that you were able to experience some of the many activities that Portland has to offer; it is so beautiful in the Spring and Summer and the weather can be perfect. We really are fortunate to have such a convenient location for a "basecamp" next to the airport but also with easy access to Interstate 205. Next time, I recommend taking the 40 minute drive out to Multnomah Falls for additional sightseeing and hiking. Thank you so much for reviewing us on TripAdvisor and we look forward to seeing you next time!
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This Hyatt is in a good location with lots of businesses around it. There is all of your standard big box stores around this location, it's close to a few restaurants, and Ikea is down the street.

I didn't hear any plane noise and got a good nights rest.

I would stay here again if I'm in town.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank jason745
Hello and thank you for your review. I am glad that you were able to acheive a restful night's sleep and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Portland!