Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station
Ranked #32 of 144 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The rooms were spacious. It even had a seperated area with a couch which could be pulled into a bed. The TV could be swindle around to fit each location. The a/c was a little loud, but nothing to complained about. At night, you heard one or two planes, but nothing that was unbareable. The hotel was very quiet. A hot breakfast is served everyday, It is usually the same items, but there is enough items where you can mixed it up every day. The hotel was located near the cascade station (shopping and eating area). Across from the hotel, there is a wendys, chipolte, and a target. Also, there is a buffalo wild wings and Ihop next to the hotel on the same side. The hotel is located about 2 blocks from the train station which takes you basically anywhere around the city. The staff was very helpful in giving us directions and ideas about where to visit. The area is very quiet. I felt safe the whole time while I was there. There is a complimentary airport shuttle and the shuttle takes you anywhere within a five mile radius. There is free wifi in the hotel and rooms, but it was a little slow. But, overall, this was a good place to stay. I would recommend it to anyone who is visiting the Portland area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank deshodge
Morgan P, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Place Portland Airport at Cascade Station. I am so happy you were able to enjoy our surrounding area, as we are very fortunate with our location. Looking forward to seeing you in Portland again!

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Spacious room, very clean and modern, great service. We stayed there as a temporary place during our relocation to the Portland area. Loved the location in Cascade Station. IHOP near by. Red Robin, Chipotle, a rib joint, Wendy's, etc.. Breakfast buffet was a money saver, as we were a party of five. Front desk staff were very attentive to all our needs. Lots of parking. Enough outlets to charge 4 tablets and two phones, and then some.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank daddy808
Ryan H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you so much for reviewing the Hyatt Place Portland Airport on TripAdvisor! I'm glad that we were able to accommodate you and your family during your relocation to Portland as I am sure you will love the area. Keep us in mind if you ever have an early flight out of PDX to make your travels a bit easier. Thank you and hopefully we will see you again!

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We came to Portland to visit our daughter. This was the perfect location, easy access to every place you want to go. The hotel is so clean, the bed was so comfortable!! The employees here give top rate service! We stayed on the second floor towards back parking lot and our room was very quite! We made this home for the week and we were very comfortable! We will be staying here our next visit on a few months. I do believe we have found our place to stay for many and many return trips. Oh, the free breakfast was wonderful, not your typical " free" breakfast everything was fresh!! They also have a little hat in the lobby.

2  Thank kristy f

Thank you so much for your review and I'm excited to know that we will get to see you again! I will share your comments with my staff and we look forward to your next visit. Thank you again for reviewing us on TripAdvisor!

Ryan Halbach
ryan.halbach@hyatt.com

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Booked 2 rooms here 431,433 which are connecting rooms and high floor per our request. I've not had any problems with customer service at Hyatt and this hotel lives up to that. Travelled with my family to visit Portland for the 1st time but wanted to avoid staying at Downtown so this is a very good choice for us. Located within walking distance to Target and Cascade shopping area. Lots of eating choices within the proximity of the hotel. I heard downtown Portland parking is a challenge so we opted to ride the TriMet which was very convenient. Portland public transportation is one of the best and we can't complain. Breakfast at the hotel is very good, we love the breakfast sandwiches. Pool and spa were both nice. Gym was adequate and well-maintained. For a hotel very close to the airport, you will not hear any noise from the planes passing by and we were on the top floor! They did a good job on soundproofing the building from that. Housekeeping was so-so, bathroom was not kept very clean. The grout has mold/mildew in it which is the first thing I noticed. I don't really know how old this hotel is but the other parts of the room and bathroom looked pretty new and well-kept to me. I don't understand though why they only provide us with 3 towels when clearly in our reservation, I have 2 adults and 2 children. I had to keep calling for extra towels each night. The housekeeping was not consistent with refilling shampoo/soap/coffee etc that we have consumed. Well, these are just little things that could be improved and I know are not representative of the hotel's overall service. Otherwise, we had a pleasant stay at this hotel. We would stay here again in our future trips to Portland.

1  Thank Jojo515
Morgan P, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

I are so pleased you enjoyed your recent stay at Hyatt Place Portland Airport at Cascade Station. I really appreciate your feedback regarding the housekeeping issues you encountered and will use them to improve our product even more. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

ROOM:
Very reasonable rates for a spacious, modern, clean, comfortable and surprisingly quiet for being in the landing pattern for Portland International Airport.

The only noise in the room comes from the heating/AC unit. It was loud enough to occasionally interrupt our sleep.

The beds and pillows are clean and very comfortable and the sofa if large enough for someone to sleep on, if needed. The large L-shaped couch and ottoman are comfortable.

LOCATION:
Super convenient and minutes from the airport, light rail and 205 freeway. Easy walking to plenty of shopping and restaurants in a safe area.

BREAKFAST:
An excellent variety! Eggs, sausage, French toast, oatmeal, yogurt, fruits, pastries, english muffins, toast, cottage cheese, milks, juices, coffees, fruits and several choices of cereal.

The food is of very good quality and is kept stocked so you always have plenty to eat for you and your family.

*A caveat to breakfast... It is served until 10am on the weekends but for some reason it only goes until 9:30 on weekdays.

My family missed breakfast by 10 minutes on Monday morning because of this change. We were offered a bagel but the kids needed more than bread.

POOL:
Pool is large, clean and opened all hours so the kids can take a dip after a long drive and late arrival. Nice to have the hot tub open for the same reason for the adults.

For an added touch, both the hot tub have lifts to accommodate disabled persons wanting to unwind in the water.

OTHER AMENITIES:
This hotel has drinks available until midnight and limited food and snacks for purchase anytime.

In the comfortable, spacious lobby, there are two computers and a printer available for use at no charge. Very convenient for printing boarding passes, itineraries or anything else you may need away from home.

1  Thank sp4301
Morgan P, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

We are so pleased you enjoyed your recent stay at Hyatt Place Portland Airport at Cascade Station. We appreciate your feedback regarding the AC Unit & Breakfast times. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

This is a great hotel located just minutes from the airport. I love that it's located at Cascade Station which means I can walk over to IKEA and get some of their amazing Swedish decaf coffee and wander around that magnificent store looking for home decorating tips.
The rooms are great, I love the quality of the mattress, it's very comfortable. The whole room set up is very inviting, I like the couch that turns into a sofa.
I really enjoy the breakfasts as well: there are so many options at the buffet, and I love they so many hot tea choices.
The quality and comfort really are the best for this area... I would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for the great review of Hyatt Place Portland Airport at Cascade Station. We appreciate your business and want to thank you for your detailed feedback. We hope to see you in again in Portland!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel as all the hotels in downtown were booked. Although its out by the airport, it was still convenient - not too far from downtown. There is a Target and mall across the street with a few eating options and plenty of shops. Ikea is just down the street.

The hotel is the standard Hyatt Place. There is a sitting area with a pull out sofa and the bed. If you really need space, get the 2 beds as there is still the sitting area, so the rooms are much larger. It was clean and seemed relatively new. I like Hyatt Places as the rooms are spacious. Breakfast is included and offers a nice variety of options. Hot items, oatmeal, cold cereal, fruit, bagels/toast, juice, coffee/tea, etc. They have a free shuttle to and from the airport which was convenient, especially with an early morning flight.

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor and if possible, I would recommend asking for a higher floor for a c...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank love2travelandeat
Ryan H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you so much for reviewing us on TripAdvisor! I apologize that other guests inconvenienced you during your stay with their smoking within close proximity to the building. When possible, we do advise guests who choose to smoke that Oregon state law prohibits them from doing so within ten feet of the building. Also, to clear up the confusion regarding the bathtubs, all of our rooms equipped with two queen beds have bathtubs and all of our king rooms have walk-in showers. For the comfort of all of our guests, handicap accessible rooms are located throughout the hotel, two of which being located on the first floor.
When you choose to stay with us again, please inform us of any inconveniences that you are experiencing and I assure you that we will do anything within our control to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Again, thank you very much and we look forward to seeing you again!