“Southeast Portland IS where its at!”
other travellers have booked this property
Gorgeous central island table
Open floorplan w/ custom lighting throughout Kitchen is fully stocked for quick meals or hosting Thanksgiving dinner
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Gorgeous central island table
Open floorplan w/ custom lighting throughout
Kitchen is fully stocked for quick meals or hosting Thanksgiving dinner
Separate bar w/ glassware to entertain
Cooks kitchen
Main floor bath
Partially furnished basement sleeping area - Full size bed
Large privat stone courtyard
Deck & grill
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
RobinWW
Golden Valley, Minnesota
“Decent place but spendy for the location”
Reviewed 7 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013

I wish the owner would have told us ahead of time that this vacation rental was near a train yard/warehouses and a power substation. That would have impacted whether or not we chose this location. However, I will say that we did not at any time hear any of the trains during our three-day stay so that should not be an issue for others.

The interior of the rental was beautiful and eclectic, particularly the kitchen which was well appointed. The kitchen/living room area was such a great place to gather and eat together. The owners did a wonderful job updating it. There was plenty of space for all four of us and we loved having the convenience of the washer and dryer in the basement.

There were quite a few rules and guidelines that the owner gave us, more than we usually receive at a vacation rental. We were troubled by the fact that the owner didn't respond when we alerted him of our concerns that some things (fan, radio) were not working. Also, they had a Nest thermostat with preset times and associated temperatures that made it difficult to set the temperature where we felt it should be. This would not have been an issue if the fan in the upstairs bedroom was in working order.

I would still recommend this rental but hope that the owners read this review in the spirit it was intended, which is simply to help them going forward.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: Cute interior, it had all the amenities we needed
Liked least: The upstairs fan didn't work, the radio didn't work and the owner didn't respond to our concerns
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
7 Aug 2013
We take our business, customer service, response time, and property maintenance very seriously so first I'd like to apologize for not exceeding expectations. I would have promptly addressed the fan, radio, and thermostat issues had I known about them during the guests stay. Upon checkout I received a very helpful text & promptly double checked the fan & radio only to discover there were two fans upstairs and only one of them worked (I removed the broken one). The radio/cd/ipod player works well, it just needed to be plugged in. Guests always have full control over heating/cooling but in addition, I have the ability to remotely adjust scheduling with our Nest thermostat. Again, had I known of the issue, I would have addressed it immediately.

With just a quick search you'll discover we've priced the flat very competitively so while it saddens me to hear this guest didn't appreciate the value, I believe the property for what we offer (fully stocked kitchen, beautifully remodeled space/finishes, great central location and a large private landscaped patio) far exceeds many listings in Portland. I should also note that the area is very quiet and peaceful & as the guest noted, the "train yard" is not active nor does it generate any noise. I'm not sure why the small electrical yard was called out but I'd like to clarify that it is multiple blocks from our property and doesn't generate noise or any other issues.
Our primary goal is to ensure an enjoyable stay for all of our guests. The rules/guidelines that we provide act as a framework to ensure everything works as smoothly as possible. We overwhelmingly receive positive feedback about the level of detail in our instructions but I will most certainly be reviewing them to ensure they won't be received negatively for future guests.
Jerky656
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Southeast Portland IS where its at!”
Reviewed 3 November 2012 for a stay in October 2012
person found this review helpful

The location of Cora Flats could not have been better! We were just blocks from the best restaurants, cafes, bakeries & brewpubs in Southeast Portland. It was also very easy & quick to get downtown for shopping, sightseeing & lets not forget the dozens & dozens of food trucks to choose from for a quick meal.
When not on the go, Cora Flats exceeded all of our needs for entertainment & comfort. My wife & I enjoyed drinks on the patio, grabbing takeout & watching a movie, planning our next days adventure on the internet, cooking a couple of small meals in the fully furnished kitchen. When not doing all of the mentioned, you could find us relaxing in the custom shower upstairs or the huge bath tub downstairs.
I would not hesitate to stay here again if I ever found myself back in Portland. The location, attention to detail, cleanliness & quiet neighborhood made Cora Flats a welcomed suprise to our trip instead of being just a place to rest your head at night.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: My wife LOVED the big bath tub downstairs, I LOVED the shower upstairs!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
3 Nov 2012
Thank you for booking with us and we appreciate the kind review. It's our goal to make each guest experience the best it can possibly be. I hope we can accomodate you in the future. David
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing