“Perfect Breakfasts! Perfect little house! Recommended by another restaurant!”

Muddy's Coffeehouse
Ranked #108 of 210 Coffee & Tea in Portland
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Perfect Breakfasts! Perfect little house! Recommended by another restaurant!”
Reviewed 6 September 2012

If you overdo my eggs or make the edges brown you definitely get on my bad side. Muddy's kept me on the sunny side. My eggs were perfect, lightly scrambled with a little sauteed fresh baby spinach, just the right amount of melted cheese, and caramelized onions (it was the daily special) and I had a great latte on the side. My oh my, I was in heaven. I went with my daughter (perfect Breakfast Burrito) and grand daughter 2 1/2 yrs old (scrambled eggs and lox), they were super happy too and loved it and they both know good food. The staff were lovely personality kids; the place reminded me of The Roadhouse in Wilmington, VT in the 70's - mismatched tables and chairs, a lot of charm and a bit of funk, and good fresh food and baked goods. The folks at Gravy sent us there because there was a line waiting at that restaurant (which I hear is super too and will visit in the future); and we are ever grateful they did. I'll go to Muddy's for breakfast all day every time I'm in Portland, which is often. My mother would have tut-tutted at the crumbs, etc. that were left on the table we were seated at (the only reason service didn't get an excellent rating from me, plus they were a tad slow, but made up for it) but, oh well, nobody's perfect. That's what I tell her anyway :) Otherwise Muddy's gets and A for breakfast, the best meal of the day. PS it's on historic Mississippi Ave. Not to be missed when you are in Portland.

• Visited August 2012

Kunming, China
“Great for breakfast; kids love it!”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Just good food, good coffee, nice people who like their jobs and are satisfied to see you eating good food and drinking good coffee! I always went super early with the kids and we were often the first ones there. This is my favorite street in Portland for shops and restaurants, and Muddy's is great!

Visited June 2012
“Absolutely loved this!”
Reviewed 3 August 2012 via mobile

This place is fabulous! The waitstaff was super nice from the moment I stepped in. I sat outside, which I highly recommend doing! The breakfast all day hooked me, and I was impressed with the variety, ranging from vegan to bacon laden! The food was served with homemade hot sauce on the side, and jam for my toast! To top it all off, I had one of their delicious bloody marys. Yum!

Vancouver, Washington
“Our new favorite breakfast spot!!”
Reviewed 8 October 2009

This place delivers on so many levels. First of all, the atmosphere is all about encouraging the community vibe. There is one large, long table to sit at in the courtyard outside. Many families could sit here. The restaurant is located in a house, so the atmosphere makes you feel right at home. The servers bring your food (which is spectacular and very eclectic) but if you want coffee, you can just get up and get a cup from the coffee bar on the counter. On the walls hang various pieces of art from local artists that are for sale. The crowd is relaxed and kind, and the experience makes me want to return every morning and become a "regular".