“Simply the best.”

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 10 July 2014

If you like grilled cheese, this is Mecca.

The mixture of cheeses on The Gabby, the preparation - I really can't imagine a better grilled cheese sandwich. Not greasy. Not runny. Crisply toasted bread. Cooled just enough to avoid scalding your mouth. Gooey glory.

This sounds a little overblown, I admit: it is just a sandwich. But you'll be glad you tried it.

1  Thank Qpgmr

Reviewed 9 July 2014

If you love grilled cheese - GO! There is not much to say about two slices of various breads with delicious melted cheese and other goodness inside. I really love their concoctions and I am always going back to try another!

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

So I arrived at 11:25am. Their sign said they open at 11:30am. I thought great, I'll be the first one in line. This is a food truck, not a restaurant. But they were kinda scrambling and didn't put the OPEN sign on until about 11:45am. This is not a big deal to me. They had good music playing. I ordered a grilled cheese with lettuce, tomatoes, bacon a and added avocado. It was soooo good! I will say I was surprised that it took about 15 minutes for them to cook it, since I was the first in line. With my can of strawberry crush my total was about $9. I will go back sometime. But it kinda made me want to make my own grilled cheese at home. BUT, I didn't try the dish they are famous for: a cheeseburger with two grilled cheese sandwiches as the bun. So I will go back and order it just so I can taste that! So, go if you can go when they don't have a line:)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stopped off at the food cart by the Alder St pod - my wife had the Gabby and I had the Moondog.

There's not much that you can say about Grilled Cheese - but these guys have done it about as well as you could possibly expect - cooked to perfection with great flavours. If you're a fan of grilled cheese, it's definitely worth checking these guys out. If you're not, then you should be...

Reviewed 8 June 2014

The entire food truck scene (we went to the downtown location) in downtown Portland was fabulous, but this was the highlight of them all. The Gabby was an amazingly simple and yet profound food experience. The best grilled cheese sandwich I've ever tasted! Who knew it could be this good! Definitely lived up to its reputation.