“Cozy for Interviews at OHSU”

Inn at Marquam Hill
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Inn at Marquam Hill
Ranked #11 of 35 Portland B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Cozy for Interviews at OHSU”
Reviewed 14 January 2012

I enjoyed my one-night stay at the Inn. I slept great and was well-rested for my interview the next day. They were kind enough to give me a little pep talk before I left for my 10 minute walk to OHSU. They have umbrellas you can borrow in case of rain. They are also nearby a bus line that will connect you to the MAX for airport access.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank BudgetTraveler776

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Bandon, Oregon
Reviewed 28 December 2011

This nicely decorated, very clean and exceedingly comfortable Inn is the perfect place to stay while in Portland. That is especially true if you have business to conduct or need to be near the OHSU medical complex. The rooms are warm and inviting, the bed sooo comfy and pillows and comforter warm and cozy. Mike and Nancy are wonderful hosts and make you feel like you are staying with family. Breakfasts during the week are made to order and there is always fresh coffee available. For our stay we had a room on the second floor. We shared a large bathroom and we had no issues. There is also a second bathroom available on the second floor as well, which is very nice. They even had a small fridge on the second floor you could store leftovers or pop. At night it was quiet, so a good nights sleep was not a problem. I would never stay anywhere else now that I have found this gem in Portland. Close to OHSU and downtown, the absolutely perfect place to stay in Portland and very reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Let Mike and Nancy know your needs and they will pick the perfect room for you. We had one on the s...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank kathBandon_Oregon
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I stayed for 2 nights in room #1 (queen w/ bath), and I could hear my only neighbor with astonishing clarity. This was not the fault of my neighbor -- he didn't even have the TV on; this was from his simple moving around. I would not have been able to sleep without ear plugs.

I also tried taking my earplugs out in the middle of the night, but then I discovered there are several slow-moving trains that blare their horns in the valley throughout the night. I could easily hear these with my sliding patio door closed (there was no window).

The other aspects of my stay were adequate: the amenities were simple, as was the breakfast (eggs, bacon, and sausage -- e.g. no fresh fruit or juice).

The location is convenient to OHSU, and the host and other guests were friendly.

Also note that credit cards are not accepted, which was a bit of a hassle for me since I wasn't prepared with a check or cash.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs and come alone -- not a good choice for a romantic getaway.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank desmondo163
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 October 2011

We stayed here one night while we were passing through Portland. We had a lovely stay. The owners were very friendly and accommodating of our late night arrival. The bedroom was cozy and comfortable - we chose a room with a shared bathroom, which fit our needs perfectly. We felt very much at home, and all the guests were very friendly. On the weekend, breakfasts are self-serve in the kitchen - they had made a delicious quiche that we enjoyed, along with juice, yogurt and muffins. The inn is very close to OHSU and within walking distance of the new air tram, which you can take to get down to the main part of the city if you'd like. We highly recommend this bed and breakfast!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank munmei
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 12 December 2010

Found this little gem of an "inn" on Google maps as it was fairly close to where I was headed the next day for work, not to mention cheaper than most hotels in the area. This is more of a B&B than an Inn but that didn't matter to me. Fantastic house, very well kept and extremely cozy/ comfy. Mike, the owner, was very hospitable and worked with me on my late evening arrival. He was then in the kitchen in the morning cooking everyone breakfast to order. It was the best breakfast I'd had in a long while and really started my day right. I was surprised to see so many faces at breakfast as I didn't hear much that night in the house. Made for very interesting conversation over the home cooked meal. This will be my go-to place for my visits to Portland, no doubt!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank tapate
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 18 October 2010

This is a small and really very cozy hotel, located in a very quiet and friendly area. Very good delicious breakfast. You feel really like home there. Mike, the housekeeper, is a very pleasant person, helped me with many things (which was especially actual for me as a foreigner). I came for a one month fellowship at OHSU. This Inn is an ideal place for a short or a long-term stay for those who have business with the OHSU, both from the patient's or doctors/students sides - the hospital is 3 blocks away. Great value for money.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 30 June 2010

The Inn was a wonderful and welcome refuge while visiting a very sick family member at OHSU hospital. Mike was flexible and accommodating of a changing schedule. The rooms are beautiful and spotless. I was wary of sharing a bath, but it was not a problem because everything was kept so clean. The other guests were nice people who were helpful in figuring out the logistics involved in caring for a family member in an unfamiliar city.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business