“Make a reservation!!”

Ranked #84 of 4,562 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: German, Swiss
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We serve authentic Swiss cuisine made-to-order, with the freshest, highest quality ingredients. Taught and inspired by Swiss Chef Martin Wyss of the former Swiss Inn in Honolulu, HI.
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Great tiny place in Portland! I tried to go for dinner one day and we had to leave because they were all booked for the rest of the night! So my one suggestions is to make a reservation! The place only has about 8 or 9 tables!!

The food was very well made and tasted just like home made. Definitely worth a visit if you are in the area. The service was excellent and they made you feel right at home without being bothersome.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

This little "hole-in-the-wall", neighborhood restaurant was a real surprise. Both I and my companion loved it and plan to return often. I agree with Joanne: the food is great, and Jenny is the perfect hostess. I loved the rosti! no, the restaurant isn't up-scale; and, yes, you will wonder where the rest of the tables are, because the dining area is so small. But make a reservation to make sure you will be able to enjoy your evening of wonderful food, good service, great wine, and new friends.

1  Thank keelx2
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Excellent food, excellent service, friendly atmosphere. The sauces are marvelous, reinforcing and supporting the flavors of the fish, chicken, sausage, beef, or pork. The gravlox is without peer. Homemade desserts (torts, chocolate mousse, or chocolate sauce on ice cream) concludes the most satisfying of dining experiences.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

The person who said the food at Cafe Hibiscus was only "slightly above average" obviously isn't Swiss and doesn't know real Swiss food. It is the best Swiss food I have ever had. Jenny is very cordial every time I have been there, and I will return as often as possible. I say the food at Cafe Hibiscus "is to die for". Best ruesti I have ever eaten.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

We've been to Swiss restaurants in New York City and to Interlaken, Switzerland. This restaurant's food was comparable. Upcoming eclectic neighborhood. Friendly, gracious owners. We would have not found this gem without Trip Advisor. Returned a second night since we enjoyed it so much.