Aladdin Inn and Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hospitality Inn(Portland)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsfront desknight shiftminute drive to downtownoatmealbeds were comfortablerecommend staying heregreat place to staymotelaccommodationsconvenience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Don't bother with this one! We let them know we would be staying the night after a very involved hip and shoulder surgery and needed a ground floor room when we reserved. Did a call to confirm the day before. Seemed like all was well. Turned out we had a room on the third floor in a building with no elevator and no effort on their part to change that! The only amenities were a refrigerator and three little, bitty, broken bars of soap. Not a bottle of shampoo in sight. The room was clean however. I'll give them that.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank LMcConger
AladdinInnandSuites, Public Relations Manager at Aladdin Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Oh dear! We are so sorry to hear about this experience. Here at the Aladdin we are trying very hard to accommodate proper stays for our patrons visiting the nearby hospitals, and we will make sure that a miscommunication like this does not happen again. We absolutely understand that going to the hospital, no matter how minor the procedure, can be a trying time. That said, it is our mission to make sure any patron who needs special accommodations will be taken care of. We have had some added some bright new faces to our staff, and would love to have you come stay again so that we can turn your experience around! Our hotel prides itself on its smaller size and our tight-nit staff, so we would love to show you what an intimate experience the Aladdin Inn can provide! Thank you for the contribution and your review, we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 9 October 2012

I stayed at the Aladdin for a little over 7 weeks while I was waiting to find a home in Portland.
I always found the staff to be very accommodating making sure my stay was as comfortable as possible.
The rooms were always clean and well maintained by the housekeeping staff.
Everyone there was great and so was the price!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Bob D
AladdinInnandSuites, Manager at Aladdin Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2012

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel.

Reviewed 16 September 2012

The exhaust fan in the bathroom didn't work. You turn it on, it makes a sound as if the motor is bound up, and then it shuts off (a good thing). I called it in, and they said their maintenance person was gone for the day. It still was not repaired by the next day. I had to leave both the sink faucet and bath on for over 10 minutes to get any hot water. There was a sticker from a T-shirt on the wall from either the last person or longer. The bed light didn't work, had to call the front desk to have someone fix it. The manager was to call me when he returned that evening to discuss the room, he never called. I'm sure this is the same manager the last time I stayed there that brought in a maintenance person to take measurements of the ceiling after 7:00 PM. I came back from the hospital, and was resting in bed when I was told they will be bringing a maintenance person in. The person never once looked at the ceiling so I was not sure why they needed to disturb me. I'm in a wheelchair and all this stuff may sound pity, but when you don't have the mobility and in pain, these things do add up. This was a great place to stay the first time I visited it. I have been there 3 times, and each time it seems as it's getting worse.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Sandyloam64

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your bringing these issues to our attention and would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you experiences. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 11 September 2012

We've been coming to Aladdin for the last 3 years and have watched this hotel continually improve, even through the reconstruction. While the accommodations are plain and simple, they are very functional, clean and comfortable and the staff has always been helpful and friendly. It definitely has one of the better continental breakfasts being offered to guests. The location in relation to the VA Hospital makes it an ideal overnight stay. We have, in the past, recommended it to other veterans and will continue to do so.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Kiwisan_91

Thank you for your review. We always enjoy getting feedback from repeat guests and are glad to hear that our staff, improvements, location, and breakfast are appreciated.

Reviewed 26 August 2012

My daughter and I had booked a room online for 3 nights as my younger daughter was to have surgery at OHSU Monday August 6, 2012. It was confirmed by email. When we arrived after 2 p,m,, we were asked to wait awhile as the rooms were being cleaned. When we came back a very rude young lady said we have no room for you. but if you want to wait around someone may cancel. We were tired after traveling all morning and just wanted to rest before going to the hospital. By the way the money wasn't refunded. We were sent to the Hospitality Inn and no charge there. We have nothing good to say about Aladdin Inn and the young lady at the desk on the afternoon of August 5, 2012. M.Hartley and S. Price

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank May H

We deeply regret that this situation occurred and would like to assure you that it was an extremely atypical occurrence.