Aladdin Inn and Suites
US$211
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsfront desknight shiftminute drive to downtownoatmealbeds were comfortablerecommend staying heregreat place to staymotelaccommodationsconvenience
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed because my vet husband was having a nukey stress test performed the next morning. The room was clean and functional for the prices one usually finds in Portland. However, the bed was just this side of like sleeping on a granite slab. I know I had one stretch of 3 1/2 hrs that I was wide awake and couldn't get comfortable, was just short of sleeping on the floor. I know my husband's sleep was fitful. Really Aladdin, time to upgrade to better mattresses. I'd guess this one was maybe 6" deep, much less than standards today. Quite obviously the mattresses at this Inn were a cheap buy.

Our vets deserve better. I should add this Inn is in close proximity to the Portland VA Hospital.

Next time, we'll try another place.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Phyllis501
AladdinInnandSuites, Public Relations Manager at Aladdin Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Phyllis501, thank you for the review! We are happy to see that our location, price, and amenities were what you were looking for! We lament that you did not find our mattresses comfortable, and are beginning talks with mattress companies in Portland to see what we can do about some of the complaints that we have had. You are right to say that our veterans do deserve the best service out there, and we want to be there to provide the best service possible for those who have served our country. Next time, chose Aladdin and let us know that you are a repeat customer, for we hope to treat our clients like family and would love to show you a great stay. Thanks again for reviewing our hotel!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Great Motel for a short stay. Friendly service and the continental breakfast includes hot and cold cereal, juice, etc. which is enough so you don't have to find a restaurant. One unique event though. I was starting my 6 am shower but there was no hot water!? The front desk asked how long I ran the water so I said "Oh, a long time. About a minute". He said to let it run for about fifteen minutes......that did it, ROTFLMAO. In about ten years of being on the road the only other times this had happened was in Taiwan where they limit the hot water time and in the rural Phillippines where there was no hot water at all. But, I hasten to add, the place is just fine, it's clean and new looking and I will stay there again my next visit to Portland.

Room Tip: Get one close to the hot water heater.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MikeWLewiston_ID
AladdinInnandSuites, Guest Relations Manager at Aladdin Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Mr. Lewiston, thank you for the kind words! We do hope you follow up with us and come for another stay! We are glad you were able to take advantage of the complimentary breakfast offered here, and even more glad you liked our new look! Thank you for responding to that awkward situation with your shower in good humor. We are happy to hear that we gave you sound advice, and we are working hard to prevent little mishaps like that from occurring. Glad to at least give you a chuckle, and we will try to think of some better material to have you ROTFLYAO next time you stay here. Thanks again for the review, and best of luck in your travels!

Reviewed 2 October 2013

This hotel is right off the I-5, so it is easy to get to and easy to get back on the I-5. The rooms were clean, and reasonably priced. There was free wifi, but it was spotty, so not too helpful. There was a fridge and microwave, but sadly no coffee pot and coffee. This is a no-frills motel.
The beds were very firm. We slept well, with minimal noise even though we were close to I-5, but both adults had achy backs after the extra firm beds.
An aside - there were no grocery stores nearby, and we didn't see any restaurants. It's really only a stop-over en route to where you really want to be.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Booboo345
AladdinInnandSuites, Public Relations Manager at Aladdin Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thank you for the review Booboo345! It makes us happy to see that you found our hotel to be clean and conveniently located. It is true that we are located just a couple miles off I-5, but did you know that we are also located about 7 minutes from the heart of downtown Portland? We are also only about 3 minutes to the little know Multnomah Villiage! This historic little villiage offers some sweet little dive bars and restaurants, cute diners and cafes to grab breakfast or lunch, and even better, it is one of Portland's best kept secrets! There is also a Fred Meyer and a Safeway within two miles of our location. If you were to upgrade to one of our kitchenette suites, which includes all the standard appliances, then these would be great stops for all your grocery needs. Next time you stay with us we hope you drop by the front desk and ask for concierge service. Our staff is knowledgeable about the what-to-dos around Portland, and would be more than happy to walk you through our guidebook. Mention this review, and maybe we will even let you in on some of Portland biggest secrets!!! Thanks again for your review, and we hope to see you again.
--The staff at Aladdin.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

For the money, a decent long term stay.

Positives:
- Customer service
- fresh, hot coffee 24/7
- cheap and functional washing machine/dryer
- very quiet and "dark capable" rooms despite the busy looking location, location.

Negatives:
- Only ONE washer/dryer. This wasn't an enormous problem but there were times I wished I could either do two loads at the same time and not spend a whole afternoon doing two loads of laundry.
- WiFi. BARELY usable... Most of the time, did not work at all and like 99.999% of hotels, their I/T is outsourced and they had no way of fixing it other than rebooting their equipment which worked 10% of the time. Forgive a mini-rant about hotels in general, but it should be illegal to state that you have WiFi when it does not work at acceptable/usable levels.

Also, about 20% of the rooms are not even in range of their WiFi. When I complained at the front desk, I was promptly moved to a new room, but if you require WiFi/Internet, be wary of this and request a room with adequate signal (and then cross your fingers that it actually works - I'd wager that it worked 1 out of 5 days of my 30+ day stay)

All in all though, for the price, it was nice to have a hotel that was close to where I needed to be that had quiet and relatively comfortable rooms.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a room near WiFi if you need it. Also, I personally recommend requesting a room on the backside of the building which is off the main boulevard and quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank AGEinPrague

Yes, it is true we are a very affordable hotel! We have many discounts available and we are glad that you were able to stay with us for such a long period of time. It can definitely be hard to be away from home for that long, so we are glad that you took advantage of our quiet, convenient location and on site laundry. Sorry to hear about your problems with the WIFI. As we have noted to other reviewers, we are currently negotiating a system upgrade with a local internet provider. We are one of the few hotels that offers completely free WIFI service to all rooms, and we want to be able to back up that claim without a hitch. Thank you for the helpful comments, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 31 August 2013

The front of the building looks like it's been recently remodeled. My family and I stayed there twice.... the first time we had to climb the stairs, but the other time we stayed in a room on the other side of the building. It was pretty clean and had free wifi, so I was happy ^_^
It was also close to a Subway, Fred Meyer, and Les Schwab, so we only had to cross the street for dinner :P

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Demitra S

Demitra S, thank you for the kind words! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and free WIFI ^_^!!! Thanks for your review , and we will see you next time!
(✌゚∀゚)☞