“Great way to experience Portland's food scene!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Mississippi Avenue Food Tour
Ranked #5 of 77 Food & Drink in Portland
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us on our guided, culinary walking tours and taste your way through some of Portland's most delicious neighborhoods from fine dining to food carts. Friendly guides make it fun, sharing stories of local culture and history, while you sample some of the best food in town. On all of our tours, we make 6-7 stops featuring casual eateries, higher end restaurants, a food cart, an educational stop, and a dessert location that reflect the way we eat in Portland. On tour, you may sample local craft beer, seasonal small plates, cocktails, tiny artisan cookies, micro-batch coffee, food cart goodness, and more, made with the ingredients & creativity that Oregon is famous for. You'll get the stories behind the tastes with your expert culinary guide. We offer tours in three of the city's greatest neighborhoods! Alphabet District Tour: Friday afternoons. Mississippi Ave Tour: Saturday & Sunday afternoons. Downtown & The Pearl District Tour, Thursday and Saturday afternoons. Our tour schedule varies seasonally, so please check our website for more details and to buy tickets!
Asheville, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“Great way to experience Portland's food scene!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2011

I'm a confessed total foodie and when I travel maybe my favorite thing to do is sample as much local goodness and cuisine as possible! Which in a town like Portland, with SO much to offer as far as local food, that endeavor can be completely over whelming! Where to go...what places are worth checking out....what not to miss...how to get there? Forget all those questions and go on a food tour! Jessica is a great guide and I actually took both her tours she offers (the food cart tour wasn't available yet when I was in town) and loved them both.
The walking is super mellow and easy and is nice to mix with sampling and chowing down! Every place we went served us up delicious food (as well as local wines/cocktails/and beers!) and goodies and the sample plates that we each got weren't skimpy so come with you appetite! I'm also a vegetarian and Jessica is more than willing to accommodate any food preferences or allergies. Every place we stopped had a veggie option for me! Jessica keeps it interesting and mixes in some history and education into the tour as well. The other cool and helpful thing about going on her food tour was that it gave me some great options to come back to later in the week and try out for a real meal....I probably went back and ate at three or four of the restaurants that were on the tour and they were all excellent.
So take the tour! Trust me, it's a great way to see Portland and taste some of the best it has to offer!

Visited August 2011

Baltimore, Maryland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

Chocolate Food tour informative and good testing. Guide kept the group on a point and was very knowledgable about the different kinds of Chocolate. We visited at least 6 different sites and tasted choc in sweet foods but visited an olive oil store which had choc oil , who knew? We also went to a gelato store. The tour lasted almost 2 hours.
The price is a little costly compare with a food tour that I went on in Chicago and we were only offered a purchase discount for one store, however I still enjoyed it.

Sacramento, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Entree to Food in Portland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

The Alphabet Tour with Forktown was wonderful. Great intro to a great food town. Jessica was a wonderful guide and introduced us to places we would never have visited in our short trip. We even walked by two of the spots on the tour on our way to the start of the tour and did not even give them a second thought. Such a great way to get a more intimate view of the city. Wonderful time. Good value. Would do the other downtown tour in a heartbeat.

New York City, New York
“Les Mis LOVES Forktown tours!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2011

I am traveling the country with the national tour of Les Miserables, and one of the highlights of our week in Portland was our food tour with Jessica. We have some serious foodies among our cast, and everyone was blown away by the quality and variety of food we tasted. We also loved experiencing the unique restaurant culture of Portland, talking with the owners and chefs, and seeing the neighborhood along the way. This is a MUST DO for anyone who loves seeing a city from a unique, local perspective, anyone who cares about "farm to table" culture, and anyone who simply loves great food. Thanks Jessica!

Visited August 2011
Portland, OR
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great Christmas Gift!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

My husband and I received Forktown Tour gift certificates for Christmas from our son and his girlfriend. What a uniquely wonderful experience it turned out to be. My husband and I both are long time Portlanders, but we had a ball learning about restaurants and an area of the city we don't usually frequent. The people on the tour were friendly and adventuresome. The culinary treats were a delightful mix of special flavors. Jessica shares interesting information about the buildings and history of the area, as well as the delicious food. It turned out to be a very special gift which we will pay forward to others in the future!

1 Thank nevertoomuchsun