“Unique Idea!!”

Slappy Cakes
Ranked #110 of 4,385 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Breakfast all day. Varied menu. Pancakes cooked at the table with multiple batters and condiments. Totally for children and child-like adults.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Best breakfast meal I ever had because I could make my own pancakes right at my table. Just ordered the batter and toppings I preferred and the result was YUMMY!!! I experience SC in Maui in May of 2014. They are not located all over the US but if in Oregon or Maui it is a must for breakfast or lunch. You can have the chef cook in the back but the experience was doing it myself. ENJOY!!!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

They provide the batter and the fixings, and you get to grill your own flapjacks at the table. It's a lot of fun..... just trust me. Definitely worth hitting up!

For more tips of cool stuff to do in PDX, check out my blog post: “What to do in Portland if you only have one weekend” you’ll love it. >> http://itsalisa.com/2014/03/07/things-to-do-in-portland/ :)

1  Thank itsa_Lisa
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Party of 6 took a short wait @ 8:30 on Father's Day. The eggs, potatoes and bacon breakfasts were very good. The pancake experience was sloppy. The grill was not set hot enough. Waitress had to turn it up twice. The initial oiling was inadequate. We had to ask for more. They tell you not to use the outer 2" of the grill. I would say 4". They warn you about smaller pancakes cooking better. True. If you order the add on extras, you will try larger cakes...which in our case was a mess with low heat.

1  Thank Rich S
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Very unique breakfast spot with griddles on the tables so you custom make your own pancakes. Would be a great place to take the kids!
The pork belly eggs Benedict was to die for !!!

1  Thank Ryan H
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Don't get me wrong, it was a cool experience for my 11 year old daughter but the novelty wears off fast. Some of the tables are just too small for your plates, the wait was long and it gets really hot in there! I had a sweet potato hash fried with bacon, garlic and some type of green chile I cant remember, topped with 2 eggs and cheddar cheese. It was ok overall but the 3 of us spent $52+tip so for that price we will go to Pine St.

2  Thank Dave L