“Fun and delicious”

Slappy Cakes
Ranked #91 of 4,479 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Breakfast all day. Varied menu. Pancakes cooked at the table with multiple batters and condiments. Totally for children and child-like adults.
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Visited with small children and had a great time. Ordered pancakes with 8 different ingredients. Let very full and children had a great time making their own breakfast!

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

This was our second time trying Slappy cakes. Not much had changed since the first time but it lost a little of the charm. We ordered the make your own pancakes with several toppings and real maple syrup. The food quality was great and the service was good. We did feel a bit rushed as it was crowded with people waiting to be seated. A great place for kids 5 to about 13. Get here early to avoid lines.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

What a fun experience. We have 5 people in our family - 3 of them boys ranging from 19-13. So, eating is as much as a part of our day as breathing. This placed rocked it.
We got 3 tubes of batter and that was a little much. So, keep that in mind when ordering. We also enjoyed the chicken fried bacon. 2 slices were enough for everyone. Very rich and filling, but oh so yummy. In addition to the pancakes, the migas were a huge hit, as was the spinach grits with poached eggs and ham. We were stuffed afterward. Liked it so much, mom got a t shirt! Highly recommended for families.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Best breakfast meal I ever had because I could make my own pancakes right at my table. Just ordered the batter and toppings I preferred and the result was YUMMY!!! I experience SC in Maui in May of 2014. They are not located all over the US but if in Oregon or Maui it is a must for breakfast or lunch. You can have the chef cook in the back but the experience was doing it myself. ENJOY!!!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

They provide the batter and the fixings, and you get to grill your own flapjacks at the table. It's a lot of fun..... just trust me. Definitely worth hitting up!

For more tips of cool stuff to do in PDX, check out my blog post: “What to do in Portland if you only have one weekend” you’ll love it. >> http://itsalisa.com/2014/03/07/things-to-do-in-portland/ :)

1  Thank itsa_Lisa