“Delicious”

Ranked #425 of 4,430 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The wood fired oven pizza served here is delicious. Subtle flavor combinations that are perfect on medium sized pies that two can share with an appetizer or salad. The cider and beer selection goes perfectly with the assortment of pizzas offered, the fennel sausage and fontina with mushrooms among our favorites. The homemade ice cream, of which there are usually around 6 selections, is cold (note to Salt N Straw) and delicious. The soft serve is great, but the mint straciatella is out of this world. The staff is friendly and the clientele is a mix of families (ask for a booth) and couples. Great place.

Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

6 people shared 4 pizzas (+a kid pizza) & drinks for $120+ tip.

Like many Portland foodie places, this one offers a twist on pizza ingredients but pulls it off fairly well. The crust is very yummy under any pie you choose. I'm more of a non-foodie kind of person and would've preferred to spend much less on a more traditionally topped pizza.

They also serve/make ice cream, we didn't try any but saw lots of folks carrying some out.

Come early, this place rapidly fills up and wait times can push an hour.... not worth that kind of wait in my opinion.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

The Pizza at Fifty Fifty is not cheap, but it's mighty fine! I am one who believes that even bad pizza is good,but I am positive that this place is far from bad pizza. I think the highlight is the thin, chewy, slightly charred crust on the outside. The toppings are unique and tasty. I felt like I was in food heaven while consuming this fine pizza. Wood fired pizza and finely done!

Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

This is a nice place, casual atmosphere and nice for families. It is a little chaotic to have one big room that includes the kitchen. The sides were my favorite. Very tasty veggie dishes.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

Being a pizza nut from the east coast I researched the best pizza in Portland before vacation and Lovely’s appeared on many lists/blogs. No question, this is the real deal charred wood-fired pizza and was delicious. Small place and there was a short wait and our name was taken down. We split a mixed salad with hazelnuts which was so tasty and shared one pizza, the fresh mozzarella with gremolata (chopped herbs). Simply perfection. I wish we had room for the homemade ice cream, which is on display as you walk in.