“some of the best pizza ever, anywhere”

Lovely's Fifty Fifty
Ranked #334 of 4,343 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Pizza
Washington, D.C.
“some of the best pizza ever, anywhere”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We ate here on an especially rainy and dreary night. It's a warm and welcoming restaurant, perfect for such weather. While I love Northwest microbrews, I was excited to try a Polish beer that was new to me here. I also ate some exceptionally delicious grilled green beans and a salad. But nothing compares to the pizzas, which had so, so much flavor. We ordered two pizzas that had some aggressive toppings -- chicory on one, taleggio on the other -- that were each amazingly delicious. The people here clearly know how to mix and match ingredients and coax the most taste out of them. I was blown away, something that doesn't happen very often at neighborhood pizza joints.

• Visited September 2013

Charleston, South Carolina, United States
“Not your Average Pizza Parlor”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

This was a birthday dinner for my 2y/o granddaughter, but this wasn't the typical pizza choices kids usually ask for. Sure they had your Margarita (cheese), but then there were bacon, heirloom tomato and herbs (Delicious), Olive, salami and cheese, kale, chard and other vegetables and others I can't remember. So don't go here if you are craving Pepperoni and sausage, but if you have a more cultured tongue, as my granddaughter (she liked the salami and olives), you will be quite pleasantly surprised. We also had some very good wines with our meal(just the adults) and of course an ice cream dessert to complete the celebration.Neat place, on the small side, very good wait staff and hosts.

Portland, Oregon
“Delicious”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The wood fired oven pizza served here is delicious. Subtle flavor combinations that are perfect on medium sized pies that two can share with an appetizer or salad. The cider and beer selection goes perfectly with the assortment of pizzas offered, the fennel sausage and fontina with mushrooms among our favorites. The homemade ice cream, of which there are usually around 6 selections, is cold (note to Salt N Straw) and delicious. The soft serve is great, but the mint straciatella is out of this world. The staff is friendly and the clientele is a mix of families (ask for a booth) and couples. Great place.

Medford, Oregon
“Good pizza but a big price”
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

6 people shared 4 pizzas (+a kid pizza) & drinks for $120+ tip.

Like many Portland foodie places, this one offers a twist on pizza ingredients but pulls it off fairly well. The crust is very yummy under any pie you choose. I'm more of a non-foodie kind of person and would've preferred to spend much less on a more traditionally topped pizza.

They also serve/make ice cream, we didn't try any but saw lots of folks carrying some out.

Come early, this place rapidly fills up and wait times can push an hour.... not worth that kind of wait in my opinion.

Vancouver, WA
“Gourmet Pizza At Its Finest”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

The Pizza at Fifty Fifty is not cheap, but it's mighty fine! I am one who believes that even bad pizza is good,but I am positive that this place is far from bad pizza. I think the highlight is the thin, chewy, slightly charred crust on the outside. The toppings are unique and tasty. I felt like I was in food heaven while consuming this fine pizza. Wood fired pizza and finely done!

• Visited July 2013