“Best Lebanese Food Ever- Sorry Situ”

TarBoush Lebanese Bistro & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
TarBoush Lebanese Bistro & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #719 of 4,320 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
San Diego, California
“Best Lebanese Food Ever- Sorry Situ”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Being of Lebanese heritage I grew up eating Lebanese cuisine cooked by my grandmother (Situ), mother, restaurants, and later by my own hand. In addition, I lived in Lebanon for 6 months plus returned on a vacation. Wherever I go I search out Lebanese restaurants but generally none have been as good as those in Beirut or my Situ's kitchen....until now. Tarboush Lebanese Bistro & Bar serves by far the best Lebanese cuisine. The prepare meals traditionally as well as more contemporary. As a non-meat eater I blown away by their vegan kibbee made with pumpkin, and stuffed grape leaves, as well as the bread dips. Speaking of bread....their Arabic bread is incredible. It earned my 5 stars....bet you will have the same response.

• Visited July 2014

Seattle, Washington
“Best pita bread on the planet!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I visited on our wedding anniversary, which was a Saturday. Nervous that a Saturday night would be crowded with a long wait we went early, about 5 p.m.

We sat outside because inside seems rather cramped. We ordered and our appetizer came out promptly. We ordered the hummus and lentil soup, they sat the pita bread down on the table and it was fresh out of the oven or off the grill. It was still poofy with steam and it was soft and chewy with a slight crunch on the bottom. I would have gladly just ate that pita all night, I've never had anything like it. The rest of our meal was great and they were extremely accommodation to our food allergy.

How wonderful to be able to enjoy a meal without worrying about getting sick later, you know all about this if you have an allergy as it can be stressful going out to eat.

We went back to get to go the next day for our road trip back home. I highly recommend this place. Be sure to get some of the amazing pita bread!

• Visited June 2014
Dallas, Oregon, Usa
“Don't be afraid to ask!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This restaurant is served up in a beautiful historical house. We found it by accident while exploring the neighborhood. It looks fancy from the outside, but is casual. Waiters wear basic jeans. Our only disappointment was that our water was served room temperature. Now we ask in advance for ice. They will also bring you extra pitas if you ask :)

• Visited May 2014
Portland OR
“why a 5?”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

If you compare this to all the restaurants in Portland and grade it on a bell curve, it gets a solid 4+. But it easily gets a 5 if you are looking for Lebanese or Mediterranian food, which you obviously are because you are reading this. It has better atmosphere than it's competition, and the food is equal to the best in its class. I'd love to ding it for being just a tad too expensive, but I won't. So yeah, Ava Gene's might get a higher rating, but tonight you are looking for Lebanese, so go to TarBoush.

• Visited January 2014
hood river, oregon
“Still thinking about it!”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

As stated, this is in lovely old home that is spotless and inviting. The service was kind of slow and our waiter wore a baseball cap during the whole meal which seemed out of place in this nice setting. BUT - the - food - is - amazing!! I am still thinking about the hummus, Baba ganoush and fresh bread. There are so many vegetarian options that I couldn't decide what to have. I ended up having a veggie mezza so I got some of everything. My friend had lamb and raved also. It was delicious and I can't wait to go back!!

• Visited December 2013