“Delicious!”

Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: SW River Dr.
Transit: Street Car: will bring right down to the waterfront, get off at "RiverPlace". Bus: The 35 will take you from down town to the SW waterfront. Get off at River Pkwy & River Dr (Stop ID: 13180)
Reviewed 29 January 2014

The fresh fish we enjoyed was prepared perfectly--crispy on the outside and just right on the inside. Ask the waiter for wine recommendations. We enjoyed the bartender's flight!

Reviewed 13 December 2013

We wrapped up our meetings and decided to stop in Thirst to see what all the excitement on Yelp! Was all about and we weren't disappointed! It was still early...around 5pm on a Thursday evening, so we were able to catch Happy Hour in the bar area. We chose to sit at the bar instead of one of the cafe tables and the bartender was tremendously helpful and well versed on the menu.

Since we had a client dinner later that evening we decided to split a few appetizers and partake in some adult beverages. The Happy Hour specials were interesting and added some zip to the experience. There was a local beer...a hybrid of a porter and an amber. Not too hoppy, but with a bit of character. The bartender recommended an excellent local Pinot Noir and provided an ample pour, but the stars of the evening were the fantastic dishes we shared!

Again, we were heading to dinner later so we settled on only two dishes...the crab dip and an Indian lentil soup (of which I only had a taste unfortunately). The crab dip was warm and served in a golden cream sauce that was sinful. It was served with fresh sliced French baguette that was perfect for piling on the crab! The lentil soup was so tasty I almost ordered my own bowl...but alas we had plans to go to Pok Pok for Vietnamese (see my review on that restaurant) so I had to conserve space. There was an interesting malt scotch whiskey flight I would have liked to try...another time perhaps.

Overall we were very impressed with Thirst and I will make a point of getting a meal there next time I am in Portland. It is in the industrial area by the waterfront, but there is ample, safe, covered parking in the area.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We discovered this bistro while staying at The Residence Inn, a short walk from the waterfront. There were 6 people in our party and the bistro provided a nice, quiet place to have dinner and conversation with friends. Staff was friendly and efficient. Food was delicious with lots of options. We will return.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We had a BBQ roll with sauerkraut. I had never had that combination and it was really good. I was able to sit in the porch rocking chair under a blanket (provided by the hotel) and watch the rain and river traffic while the BBQ was prepared.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Great bartender, great little spot, great wine selection by the glass.. The happy hour wine was not good. If you can get past that, the menu wines were wonderful..