“Peaceful, quiet, and a perfect stay!”
other travellers have booked this property
Victorian House-studio in rear Victorian House
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Victorian House-studio in rear
Victorian House
Victorian Yard-seating and table on decks
Studio View with desk
Bright sitting room
Desk and sittting chair
Working desk with wi-fi internet
Queen view
Queen bed with art
Comfy Queen
Good lighting
Dresser view
Wall art
Pillars and art
Mini-Kitchen
Mini kitchen with toaster oven, microwave, 2 burner stove, fridge and sink.
kitchen  view
Dresser view
Bath with storage and shower
Shower detail
Art view
Studio Art
Hot tub
Desk and internet
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 15 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Heather K
“Peaceful, quiet, and a perfect stay!”
Reviewed 17 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

My girlfriend and I planned this vacation from August 30th-September 3rd. We had not taken a vacation in two years and desperately needed one. I chose this studio apartment because of all the great reviews and the price. It was the perfect place to stay during our trip. I would have loved to stay there the whole week we were there (we left Portland September 6th) but the weekend at the end of our trip was already booked so we stayed until Thursday.
Ken is wonderful! Such a sweet man and his home is so lovely. The studio apartment is completely separate from the main house on the property. He gives you your own spot in the garage and the entrance to the studio is attached through the garage and located above. So peaceful and private. There were nights when we got hungry at 10 PM and left to find food and we didn't have to worry about waking anyone up when we returned. Ken provides keys and your own garage door clicker for convenience.
We ate out a lot during this trip because we had so many recommendations that we wanted to try out. Ken provides a small kitchen which works great for small meals or heating up leftovers. We had no problem whatsoever and didn't need anything he didn't already provide for us. The bed was comfortable and we had so much space! The bathroom was better than the one we have in our own house!
We didn't use the hot tub but Ken did show us where it was located, and gave us towels to use as well. We just never had time to use it, sadly.

Liked best: The cable TV
Liked least: If I had to pick something, the shades on the skylights don't block out too much sun. But they are skylights, duh.
Friends getaway
28 Sep 2015
Thanks for the nice review of the Studio. Please come and stay again.
Ken Murray, Owner
SJ_Sacram...
Sacramento, California
“Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed 13 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Traveled to Portland for a weekend of exploring the city. Did not have a car, but the bus stop was conveniently located down the hill. Be aware that the walk from the bus stop is quite steep and our under 30 year old legs needed a break once we got to the top. The walk down is a breeze!

When we arrived, Ken made gaining access to the studio very easy. The studio was clean and welcoming. The size and layout was perfect for two adults. We used the refrigerator but did not use any of the other kitchen accessory but it was nice to have them there just in case.

The only thing holding us back from giving 5 stars was the outdoor space. We enjoy sitting outside and there were some chairs on the back patio and front porch of the house (the studio is not connected to the house). I am sure we could have sat in them, but we felt weird about invading another guest's privacy or space. We would have felt more comfortable if there were a few outside chairs not on the porch of the house or if there were written direction stating that the chairs were for all. Picky, I know! We just really enjoy sitting outside comfortably.

Thank you, Ken for a wonderful stay!

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway
14 Aug 2015
Thank you for the review. I am glad you enjoyed the Studio and your visit to Portland.The chairs on the decks are for all to use, as there are 3 units on the property. I wish you had asked as I would have clarified the situation and put more chairs near the Studio. Welcome back next time.
kimhardin...
“Would Rent From Here Again”
Reviewed 24 February 2015 for a stay in July 2013

We loved our stay here.
The owner was extremely nice and was very accommodating for our late arrival.
The room was cozy, and with it being offset from the house, we felt like we had our own little space.
We look forward to our next return.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: How friendly the owner was.
Liked least: That it didn't have a full kitchen.
AlaskanG
San Ramon, CA
“Heaven”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

This property is located in an upscale neighborhood (no sidewalks, lots of trees) and the area is quiet, restful and safe.
Ken is a very friendly host and makes his guests feel at home and truly welcomed.
The Artist Studio is very nicely renovated and is decorated and furnished with quality furnishings.
As a traveler, himself, Ken has stocked the studio with everything a guest needs.
I will stay a month and if I return to the Portland area, I will want to stay here!!!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The area is so peaceful and quiet.
Liked least: That I will have to leave.
Travelling group: Solo
10 Jul 2014
Marsha, I am glad you are enjoying the Artist Studio and hope you return again.
Ken
badwolf51...
Annapolis, Maryland
“Great location and nice and quiet.”
Reviewed 2 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013
people found this review helpful

Having never been to Portland before I found the artist studio to be a great location. Very close to interstates, a 10 minute drive into downtown, and plenty of places near by the get gas, food, anything you really need. Also a perfect space for someone traveling solo. Didn't have any issues whatsoever. I would definitely stay here again.

Liked best: location
Travelling group: Solo
2 Oct 2013
Thank you for the review and I look forward to you next visit.
TX
Reviewed 31 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
Eugene
Reviewed 9 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
9 May 2013
Please read the other reviews for the Artist Studio for a more accurate view of the space. This guest is just very hard to please. I made special arrangements to allow the guest to check in at 1 AM in the morning. I left the garage door open to access the Studio at the risk of robbery. The cleaning instructions were left on the table in the Studio and the guest chose not to clean at all. I did not receive an e-mail about the cleaning just the phone call. I explained that the room rate is kept low but the renter can choose to clean or not. She chose not to clean at all and assumed that she should get her deposit back. Besides the Studio, the renter had spa or hot tub access and a garage for her car. She did get a 50% refund on her $50 deposit but that did not make her happy. She did not see the host as she came in late at night and left early in the mornings. I did text here to see if she was happy. She said the Studio was great.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing