“Great ambiance, Good food, awesome staff”
Review of Bar Avignon

Bar Avignon
Reserve with OpenTable
Bar Avignon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #388 of 4,400 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 22nd
Transit: Trimet Division Bus #4
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I find myself going back to this place often, the food is simple, yet elegant, the Chef is very approachable and the Owners are there all the time. The menu changes seasonally and the happy hour is one of the best in Portland. If you are looking for a new spot to call "home", give this one a shot.

1  Thank WayneWinewizard

Reviewed 5 June 2013

There are plenty of places to obtain French food in a Pacific Northwest style. Vancouver, BC has quite a few, but Bar Avignon is as good as any in Van City. The wine selection is well selected and reasonable. Nancy and Randy spent some time in Avignon and it shows. If you've been to that part of the Rhone valley, the Avignon Lemon Drop will transport you to the Lavender fields there. I am a regular here as I am at Caffe Mingo, I know I miss out of trying many Portland restaurants, but I am not always game for crap shoots, which Portland offers in spades. Service is professional and attentive. Themed dinners are very special. You can't miss here.

2  Thank ob2s
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We went to this restaurant as part of the Dine Around Portland month. My wife and daughter had the chicken entree while I had the pork chop. Prior to that they enjoyed Garlic Vichyssoise and I had a nice salad. The waiter was very helpful and suggested a nice Cote du Rhone Red to accompany the meal. The cool atmosphere combined with friendly attentive service resulted in a memorable meal.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

Had green pea risotto w/ morel mushrooms - a little short on the morels, but otherwise perfect. My partner had black cod with a tarragon sauce that was also very good. Good service, nice atmosphere, music not too loud (my pet peeve). We'd go back.

1  Thank jebsldn
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We happened upon Avignon based on Urban Spoon reviews. Great food in a warm atmosphere. Good selection of wines and beers to go with the menu. Will definitely return.